Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris map & rewards this week (May 5 – 9)
Destiny 2’s pinnacle PVP activity, Trials of Osiris, has returned after some time off. If you want to know what those week’s featured map and weapon are, we have plenty for you to learn and consider here.
Destiny 2’s Season of the Seraph has come to a close, and the last Trials weekend of the Witch Queen era is over. We’re now in a Lightfall world. You have seasonal challenges, a new season pass, or the seasonal artifact to keep you busy, but if you want to get competitive, Trials offers you the ultimate challenge.
Although the playlist has traditionally struggled with issues like cheaters, account recovery services, and technical issues within the broader Destiny 2 experience, Bungie has rolled out some fresh tweaks in recent seasons to improve things.
Here’s a super quick rundown of what you can expect from Trials of Osiris:
- Trials will only be available to players that own the latest annual expansion (Lightfall)
- You can keep playing once you’ve accrued three losses and still earn gear (although Trials will only offer its best rewards to Flawless runs)
- PC players will now notice BattlEye anti-cheat is in effect
- Perhaps the biggest change is that Trials of Osiris will now offer matchmaking
While you’re here, why not check out Xur’s location, too?
- Trials of Osiris map this week (May 5 – 9)
- Trials of Osiris rewards this week (May 5 – 9)
- Trials of Osiris Passages explained
- Trials of Osiris weekly Destiny 2 reset
Trials of Osiris map this week (May 5 – 9)
Trials of Osiris from May 5 – 9 will feature the map Javelin-4.
Trials of Osiris rewards (May 5 – 9)
Trials returned recently, and it’s now easier than ever to get an adept weapon. Rather than the 3, 5, 7, and Flawless win thresholds previously required for rewards, players no longer earn specific weapon drops. In fact, you’ll now earn Trials Engrams for leveling up your reputation with Saint-14 in the Tower’s Hangar.
You will, however, earn an Adept Exalted Truth hand cannon for winning seven games.
- Reputation Rank 10 – The Inquisitor (Shotgun)
- Reputation Rank 16 – Whistler’s Whim (Bow)
- Flawless run – Adept Exalted Truth
Once a Trials of Osiris reward has been unlocked, you can re-roll for the cost of a Trials engram – meaning farming rolls has never been easier.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Don’t forget, though, that you can get better gear with higher stat rolls by going Flawless. Rank 10 and Rank 16 Trials Reputation will also guarantee weapon drops.
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris Passages explained
With the playlist revamp in Season of the Lost, Trials of Osiris also underwent some changes to its Passages (or Cards). These quest items grant you access to the Trials playlist each weekend, and there are some important changes to note under the new system:
- Passages no longer track losses
- Each Passage is either Flawless or not, which allows you to keep playing and earning rewards regardless of how many losses you suffer
- Players can still reset their Passage after a loss, but are no longer forced to do so after hitting three losses on their card
- Passages now track up to 20 rounds won
- All Passages have had their prices significantly reduced
- Passages are now account-wide, meaning you can play and earn rewards on any of your characters using the same Passage
These changes and what they mean for you when gearing up for the playlist can be pretty confusing. Fortunately, we have a breakdown of each Passage, what it does, and which one might be right for you:
- Passage of Mercy: Will now forgive two losses if you have not been Flawless for the week. Once you have been flawless, this will only offer one.
- If your goal is to make it all the way to the Lighthouse, this is the Passage for you. You’ll get one free loss without needing to reset your card and start from scratch
- Passage of Ferocity: This Passage grants you a bonus win after reaching three wins on your card
- Usually the next choice behind Mercy for Flawless runs, this will allow you to skip an entire match on your way to the Lighthouse — but, you won’t have the loss forgiveness that comes with Mercy
- Passage of Wealth: Will reward extra Trials rank on every win, the amount rewarded increases as your major rank increases.The
- If you’re more focused on farming Trials rewards, and aren’t concerned about going Flawless, this is the card for you. With the new Trials reputation system, the Passage of Wealth will bump up your rank with Saint-14 more quickly than any other card
- Passage of Confidence: This Passage grants a bonus reward from the Flawless chest, but you can only acquire this card after already going Flawless that week
- If you’re confident about your skills and have a solid fireteam to play with, the Passage of Confidence can help you rack up more rewards at the Lighthouse, but is arguably the most difficult Passage to play
Picking the right Passage for you (and your teammates, if you plan on entering Trials with a pre-made fireteam) will go a long way towards making sure you get the most out of your time in the playlist each weekend.
Trials of Osiris weekly Destiny 2 reset
Trials of Osiris will next go live on Friday (May 5) at daily reset (10 A.M. PDT / 1 P.M. EDT / 5 P.M. GMT / 7 P.M. CET) and will remain active in the Crucible directory until Destiny 2’s weekly reset on the following Tuesday (May 9).
Before diving into the competition, you’ll need to make a stop at the Tower’s Hangar and talk to Saint-14, the Destiny 2 vendor who oversees Trials. He’ll be your main source of bounties and rewards throughout the week, and the person who provides each of your Trials Passages.
There you have it, that’s everything you need to know about the Trials of Osiris map and rewards for this week. Make sure to jump into the playlist with a couple of your buddies before next week’s reset puts the game mode on its typical hiatus.
For more tips and guides covering all things Destiny, check out more of our guide content at Dexerto.
Best PvP weapons | Destiny 2 Promo Codes | Destiny 2 Prime Gaming Rewards | Infamy Ranks Guide | Glory Ranks Guide | Weekly Reset | Iron Banner countdown