Fifth team revealed for OpTic Hitch's CoD: Ghosts Throwback Tournament, and they're called the 'eGirl Slayers' - Dexerto
Call of Duty

Fifth team revealed for OpTic Hitch’s CoD: Ghosts Throwback Tournament, and they’re called the ‘eGirl Slayers’

Published: 19/Sep/2018 1:07

by Albert Petrosyan

Share


OpTic Gaming content creator Davis ‘Hitch’ Edwards has revealed the next team that will participate in his upcoming Throwback Invitational Tournament for Call of Duty: Ghosts.

The team, which is the fifth to be revealed so far, is called ‘eGirl Slayers’ and features a roster of Steve ‘Mochila’ Canle, Jeremy ‘NexXx’ Scarfino, Matthew ‘Burns’ Potthoff, and John ‘Revan’ Boble.

The four players reunite after teaming together under the same team name for a single Ghosts event four years ago – UMG Philadelphia 2014, where they placed fifth and earned $1,000. 

Of the four, Mochila is the only one who is still an active player in competitive Call of Duty; he last competed as a member of WrangleR Gaming, but failed to qualify for CWL Champs.

Burns has gone on to become the co-General Manager of eUnited, Revan has become an analyst for the CWL, and NexXx has remained retired since 2014. 

Although it was created for only a single event, the eGirl Slayers was one of the more memorable teams from the Ghosts season. 

They’re the fifth of eight total throwback teams that will be participating in Hitch’s tournament. The first four were revealed several weeks ago and feature the likes of OpTic Nation, compLexity Gaming, and more.

The throwback tournament, which Hitch has organized in collaboration with UMG, will take place on September 22 and will feature a $5,000 prize pool.

This means that there will be three more team announcements within the coming days, in addition to details about scheduling, competitive format and rule-set, and more. 

Call of Duty

Nadeshot calls for major SBMM change in Black Ops Cold War rant

Published: 2/Dec/2020 11:48

by Jacob Hale

Share


Skill-based matchmaking has been a major complaint from top Call of Duty players for years now, and 100 Thieves CEO and former pro player Matthew ‘Nadeshot’ Haag has finally snapped, going on a rant against SBMM in the new Black Ops Cold War.

Nadeshot has never made it a secret that he, alongside a huge number of Call of Duty players, is anti-SBMM.

Though the sentiment makes sense — pit players of equal skill against one another — in practice, many players aren’t happy with it and want to see it removed or at least tuned down.

Nadeshot clearly falls into that category, and let his opinion be known during a December 1 stream while playing on the latest edition of Nuketown, Nuketown ‘84.

black ops cold war cartel
Activision
Black Ops Cold War has been welcomed with mixed reviews, but SBMM has been a major sticking point.

As you can tell immediately from the scoreline alone and the carnage unfolding around him, the match is an intense one, and he wasn’t impressed.

He said: “It’s time to lower the skill-based matchmaking. This is not fun. I know we want the kids that have never played Call of Duty to be in a safe space, but please stop alienating the people that have been playing your game for over a decade.”

That wasn’t all, though, as Haag continued to complain as he struggled to make much of an impact on the game. “This is not an enjoyable experience,” he said. “Especially trying to get the challenges done on these weapons… Everyone’s got a scorestreak because it’s participation and not skill.”

Both the SBMM and scorestreak complaints have been popular ones for Black Ops Cold War players, and the sentiment seems to be echoed from the top down.

Whether Activision or Treyarch make changes to either issue remains to be seen, but we might not see Nadeshot streaming Black Ops Cold War for too much longer at this rate.