Blizzard has officially announced when WoW Classic Phase 6 will launch, bringing with it the Scourge Invasion and the highly-anticipated Naxxramas raid.
The news that Naxx is coming is not new to anyone who plays WoW Classic. But, a start date before the new year is big news indeed for players still running their way through Ahn-Qiraj.
Dexerto actually reported on a leak that claimed Phase 6 was coming our way in “early December,” and when Blizzard confirmed the Phase 6 prepatch dropping on December 1, this was spot on.
The citadel of Naxxramas won’t be open for raiding until Dec. 3 at 5pm EST following the “Scourge Invasion” world event. This sees various undead mobs invading high-level zones like Searing Gorge and Eastern Plaguelands.
Naxxramus is back!
Arguably the hardest raid ever released, Naxx marks the end of an incredibly fantastic journey in WoW Classic’s planned current content. Also reintroducing the first legendary weapon for caster classes, we’ll see Atiesh, Greatstaff of The Guardian back once more.
An extremely powerful item in WoW, Classic is set to be buzzing with excitement as players work towards this insane legendary.
“The Naxxramaas raid and Scourge Invasion content will unlock at the same time for all realms in the world on December 3,” devs wrote on the official Blizzard forums. “With the content unlock, players can become attuned to Naxxramas by fulfilling Archmage Angela Dosantos’s requirements in Light’s Hope Chapel.”
That’s right, in order to get into the Naxxramas raid you’ll have to get attuned, again! The quest Angela gives you is pretty simple, and you can get all the Argent Dawn rep you need during the Scourge Invasion by clearing out mobs with your friends.
If you haven’t had much of a chance to run Stratholme or Scholomance to grind out rep, don’t worry. There will be plenty of people grouping up for runs to get attuned as quickly as possible to get into the raid.
The raid itself is absolutely huge, featuring 15 bosses that are spread out over four zones.
- Heigan the Unclean
- Gothik the Harvester
- Grand Widow Faerlina
- Instructor Razuvious
- Noth the Plaguebringer
- The Four Horseman
Alongside the fantastic raid and the insane amount of fighting to be done inside, there’s also a vast array of content arriving to keep players busy in other aspects of the update. We’ve detailed the important ones here
- Players who become exalted with Warsong Gulch can now receive an epic-quality leg-piece.
- Cenarion Circle reputation can be used to craft equipment with nature resist.
- Zul’Gurub can now drop nature resits enchants for leg and headgear.
- Players can obtain new skill books for new skill ranks. This includes Frost Ward, Shadow Ward, Flame Shock, Conjure Food, Eviscerate, and Ferocious Bite.
- Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands will now have PvP objectives.
- Players can acquire an epic ring with nature resistance from a quest to kill an Elemental Lord in Cenarion Hold.
- Players can use trade-in components and earn gear using Argent Dawn Tokens at Light’s Hope Chapel.
The return of Naxxramas marks the beginning of the end of the WoW Classic run, with the Burning Crusade next up on the list. It’s been an absolute blast up until now. With even more bosses and loot than AQ, players will be plenty busy for a long time getting everything they want out of Phase 6.