Overwatch streamer speechless after Bastion main's bizarre disclaimer - Dexerto
Overwatch

Overwatch streamer speechless after Bastion main’s bizarre disclaimer

Published: 11/Mar/2020 23:00

by Michael Gwilliam

Share


Retired Overwatch pro turned commentator and streamer Jacob ‘Jake’ Lyon was left completely stunned after a Bastion main began spurting a strange pre-game disclaimer to his teammates.

The streamer loaded into the game away from his computer but soon came rushing back when he heard the Bastion one-trick’s voice coming through his speakers, playing a disclaimer that he seemingly does at the start of every match.

“I have two-hundred-ninety hours with Bastion in total,” the player proudly proclaimed. “Bastion is a way of life for me.”

Blizzard Entertainment
Bastion isn’t normally a hero many people main.

In Overwatch “maining” or “one-tricking” is typically frowned upon because if that hero that is mained is being countered by an enemy, it can make the whole experience difficult for the entire team.

The omnic player then went on to vulgarly describe what he would do to his opponents, which prompted a chuckle from the former Overwatch pro.

“Bastion is a way of life for me,” he repeated. “I never change my character, f**k you. If at any point during the match you want me to change characters, I gladly suggest you go f**k yourself.”

“I follow absolutely no type of team composition. You want to give orders, give them to each other. Don’t you dare bring that sh*t to me,” the DPS teammate warned.

The shenanigans didn’t stop in the spawn room either. As Jake’s team captured Point A and started pushing the payload, the Bastion one-trick started blasting some epic fight music in the background.

“I can’t dude!” Jake laughed.

Even more amusing was when the Bastion was killed by a charging Reinhardt, the player abruptly killed the music and played the Windows XP shutdown sound – fitting as he only plays a robot character.

While the game was super entertaining, Jake’s team only barely managed to squeak out a victory in a close 2-1 King’s Row match.

When asked about possibly duoing with the Bastion player, the streamer wasn’t interested.

“Nah, bruh,” he swiftly said. “I didn’t avoid him. That’s what I’ll give you guys. I didn’t avoid him. There’s no way I’m f**king duoing with that guy. Those games are so freaking bad actually.”

Even though the match was difficult, it’s even harder to deny it didn’t make for quality content.

Entertainment

PewDiePie hits out at company over KSI Meme Review copyright claim

Published: 25/Nov/2020 21:25

by Brent Koepp

Share


Popular YouTuber Felix ‘PewDiePie’ Kjellberg was stunned after a company copyright claimed his Meme Review with JJ ‘KSI’ Olatunji. The Swede lost all the revenue for the upload due to their awful performance of “My Heart Will Go On” from Titanic. 

On November 22, PewDiePie teamed up with fellow YouTube star KSI for an epic Meme Review. The duo tackled everything from British culture to Olatunji’s boxing match with Logan Paul.

Kjellberg later revealed on Instagram that the popular video had been copyright claimed by a company. The personality called the move “bulls**t” after the corporation took all the revenue over their Titanic joke.

Screenshot of YouTubers PewDiePie and KSI playing instruments.
YouTube: PewDiePie
The YouTubers’ awful performance of My Heart Will Go On got the video claimed for copyright.

PewDiePie & KSI’s Meme Review copyright claimed

PewDiePie’s Meme Review with KSI was a major hit on the platform, pulling in over 7.3 million views in just a few days. Fans of both YouTube creators were treated to a hilarious collaboration. However, the duo’s “attempt” to perform My Heart Will Go On on a flute and alpine horn caused the video to get claimed.

Kjellberg revealed the issue on his Instagram story on November 25. “So I got a claim on my KSI video. At the end, we played My Heart Will Go On,” he said, before playing a clip of their awful performance to demonstrate how absurd the claim was. “It’s too similar!” he joked.

It turns out the YouTuber had appealed the claim, but was denied. “So I appealed it, because its bulls**t why, and they rejected it! This is actually infringing on copyright according to this company!” he exclaimed, before breaking into laughter.

The 31-year-old explained that the company was now going to get 100% of the money made off the popular upload. “So all the revenue now goes to this company for the entire video. Like, what? Yeah, I just thought it was bulls**t, I don’t even know.”

The whole scenario is made all the more ridiculous when you consider that the Titanic joke was only a few seconds in a 26 minute upload. The fact that the company now gets to own the entire video is a good example how YouTube’s content ID system can sometimes be flawed.