Vi is getting a major League of Legends update nine years in the making — planned LoL patch 11.22 buffs will give the Piltover Enforcer a facelift, improving the feel of her abilities with some big script changes.
Vi has remained relatively unchanged since her release at the end of Season 2. While other champions from that age of League of Legends have received big overhauls, the Piltover Enforcer has been left on the sidelines.
Her kit has become somewhat dated, with plenty of gimmicks from an era gone by in champion design that has left her feeling clunky.
However — conveniently at the time of Arcane’s release — Vi is getting some quality-of-life buffs nine years in the making.
The changes don’t touch her numbers. However, they aim to make the Piltover Enforcer feel smoother to play, with Riot updating how her kit interacts nine years on from her release.
“Vi was made 9 years ago. The ways we could script things back then were quite restrictive. She was also my first champ, so I wasn’t that great at scripting to begin with,” August said.
We have some Vi changes in the upcoming patch that should improve Q and R consistency.
A couple highlights:
-You can reliably flash on people during Q dash
-R connects with the target at the exact moment they're in range to be hit (used to check range every .25s) pic.twitter.com/8HDsuSwTOy
— October (@RiotAugust) October 29, 2021
The Vi Q-Flash combo should feel a lot more reliable — akin to Jarvan IV’s flag-drag-Flash combo with a total overhaul of its scripting.
Vi should be able to jump across walls more consistently with an increased dash range when going over thicker walls as well. The damage and distance is now based on exact timings rather than ticks too.
As for her ultimate, the knock-up is now an equal 1.4 seconds — instead of varying from 1.25 to 1.5 seconds.
Overall, it should be a lot smoother for Vi mains, making the champion less of a frustration to play. “Nice 11.22 changes that should feel pretty great for Vi,” developer Phlox added.
You can find the full list of Vi buffs coming in LoL patch 11.22, which launches on November 3, below.
Vi buffs in League of Legends patch 11.22
Q: Vault Breaker
- Knockback duration: 0.7 seconds >>> 0.75 seconds
- Dash range now extends up to 50 units when going over a wall
- Distance traveled and damage dealt are now based on exact channeling time instead of every 0.25 seconds
- Targets will get knocked back immediately upon contact with Vi
- This allows her to hit people she flashes on during the dash
R: Assault and Battery
- Knockup duration: 1.25-1.49 seconds >>> 1.4 seconds
- Both the target’s knockup and Vi’s self-stun during her ult animation now have consistent durations rather than varying between casts
- Vi’s ult knockup will take effect once she is 300 units from her primary target instead of varying between 0-300 based on 0.25 second intervals
- Nearby enemies in Vi’s ult path will get knocked back immediately upon contact with Vi.