The biggest patch of TFT Galaxies is finally here. The mid-set update in Patch 10.12 adds 14 new champions and three new traits to the roster, and brings a major shift in the meta.
After weeks of anticipation, the League of Legends-inspired auto battler is about to get its third set completely refreshed with a host of new champions, and the removal of old friends.
On top of that, a ranked reset is on the way, as well as a new Battle Pass players can grind out for exclusive rewards.
14 new champions to be added in Mid-Set Update
The Mid-Set update is bringing a host of changes to TFT. There’s going to be a rank reset, major balance changes, more Galaxies added, a new Battle Pass, and more. However, the biggest update of them all is the addition of 14 new champions and three new traits.
Bard, Gnar, Nautilus, and Teemo will make up the new Astro trait, which will reduce units’ mana costs when activated. Cassiopeia, Illaoi, Kog’Maw, Nocturne, Urgot, and Viktor are in the new Battlecast trait, which gives units access to extra damage or healing depending on current HP.
Janna will stand alone as the sole Paragon of the TFT universe, converting her allies’ basic attacks to magic damage to break through Vanguards. Riven, Vayne, and Zed are being added as well, although they’ll be part of pre-existing traits.
Valkyrie, Void traits removed
With the addition of these 14 champions, nine older units will be departing the battlefield as of Patch 10.12. All Valkyrie and Void units will be removed alongside their traits, as well as select other champions.
Kha’Zix, Cho’Gath, Vel’Koz, Kai’Sa, Kayle, Miss Fortune, Sona, Kassadin, and Lux are all the champions being removed as part of the Mid-Set update. This is because they’ve either been too meta-defining — in the case of Kayle or Sona — or will clash with the new content.
- Read more: TFT Patch 10.12 to include ranked reset
“Sona’s CC cleanse left little room for counterplay, so she’s been removed to make room for some new Rebels and Mystics,” the devs said back in May when the update was announced. “Soraka will have to stand on her own as healer of the galaxy.”
You can find the full TFT Patch 10.12 notes below, courtesy of Riot Games.
TFT Patch 10.12 notes
- The Galaxies II Pass and Pass+ begin now! (Well, they’ll start once you update to the new patch sometime in the next 24 hours.)
- The new Pass includes new emotes, arenas, and booms!
- You don’t have to purchase the Pass+ right away to access all rewards. If you decide to upgrade, the XP you’ve accumulated will automatically apply to everything you’ve unlocked along the way.
- (3) Astro Champions reduce their mana costs by 30
- (2/4/6/8) Battlecast champions, upon dealing or taking 10 instances of damage, heal for 70/160/325/600 if below half health, or deal 70/160/325/600 magic damage to the nearest enemy if above half.
- (1) Ally Star Guardian basic attacks are converted to true damage. All other ally basic attacks are converted to magic damage.
- Tier 2
- Impact Crater: Nautilus erupts the ground beneath his target, knocking them up and stunning them for 3/3.5/4 seconds, and dealing 100/200/400 magic damage. Enemies adjacent to the target receive half of this effect.
- Tier 3
- Passive: Bard gains an additional 8/20/90 mana each attack, but cannot gain mana against non-Champions.
- Traveler’s Call: Bard spawns a meep on his owner’s bench which can be sold for 1 experience.
- Tier 4
- GNAR!: Gnar leaps towards his target and transforms into Mega Gnar, throwing nearby enemies, dealing 100/200/800 magic damage and stunning them for 2 seconds.
- While in Mega Gnar form, Gnar is melee and gains 750/1250/2500 Health and 100/175/400 Attack Damage.
- Tier 4
- Satellite Traps: Teemo scatters 3 traps around the nearest enemy. When an enemy nears a trap (or after 3 seconds), it explodes on nearby enemies dealing 125/175/600 magic damage, knocking them down, and slowing them for 4 seconds.
- Tier 1
- Tentacle Smash: Illaoi slams a tentacle in a line in front of her, dealing 125/200/325 damage and stealing 20/30/50% Armor and Magic Resist from each target hit for 4 seconds.
- Tier 1
- Unspeakable Horror: Nocturne terrifies his target, causing them to be stunned with fear for 2/2.5/4 seconds and dealing 200/250/350 magic damage over the duration.
- Tier 2
- Barrage: For 3 seconds, Kog’Maw gains infinite Attack Range and 80% attack speed, and his auto attacks deal 2%/4%/7% of the target’s maximum Health as magic damage.
- Tier 3
- Noxious Blast: Cassiopeia launches her fangs at the nearest unpoisoned enemy, causing them to take 700/1500/3000 damage over 12 seconds, and reducing the effectiveness of shields used on them by 50%.
- Tier 4
- Death Ray: Viktor burns a path between the two enemies most distant from one another, initially dealing 15/20/80% max Health magic damage, then 1 second later dealing 250/400/1500 magic damage in an explosion along the same path.
- Tier 5
- Fear Beyond Death: Urgot fires a drill at the farthest enemy in his Attack Range, reeling them in and dealing 2000 true damage repeatedly until they reach him and die. After his first successful cast, Urgot’s Mana Cost is reduced by 10/20/100.
- Star Guardian/Paragon
- Tier 5
- Howling Gale: Janna summons five tornados which fly forward in a large cone. Tornados grant allies they pass through 100/150/500% attack speed for 5 seconds, while knocking up and stunning enemies for 1.5 seconds.
- Tier 4
- Energy Slash: Riven dashes and shields herself for 250/400/1000, then slashes forward dealing 100/150/450 magic damage. Every third cast, Riven leaps into the air and launches a wave of energy that deals 300/500/1500 magic damage.
- Tier 3
- Final Hour: Vayne focuses for 10 seconds, tumbling away from her target immediately and every third attack thereafter. Vayne is invisible while tumbling, and attacks after tumbling deal 175/200/225% of her Attack Damage.
- Tier 2
- Contempt for the Weak: (Passive) Every third attack Zed steals 20/25/40% of the target’s Attack Damage and deals 50/90/150 bonus magic damage.
- Miss Fortune
- Lilac Galaxy
- Galaxies Ranked Stage II will begin with this patch.
- Your rank has been “soft” reset down 1 Tier. For example, if you are currently in Gold II you will now be in Silver II.
- If you are very good at this game and currently placed in Master or above, you will be reset to Diamond 4.
- You will get 5 provisional matches after the reset, meaning you will not lose any LP for sub-top 4 placements in your first 5 ranked games of the new stage.
- If you placed Gold or higher in Galaxies Stage I you will receive a rank-appropriate emote. If you place Gold or higher in both Stages you will receive a Victorious Little Legend.
- Victorious Little Legend ranked rewards from the Launch and the Rise of the Elements sets will be arriving in your inventory soon… if you placed Gold or higher in those sets.
We’re not adding any new Galaxies with this patch. Starting with patch 10.13 we plan to add one Galaxy and remove one Galaxy every patch.
New Galaxy Odds
- Littler Legends – 10% of games
- The Neekoverse – 10% of games
- Medium Legends – 10% of games
- Superdense Galaxy – 10% of games
- Trade Sector – 10% of games
- Treasure Trove – 10% of games
- Star Cluster – 10% of games
- Galactic Armory – 10% of games
- Normal – 20% of games
- The number of Tier 3 Champions in the pool: 16⇒18
- 1 star and Tier 1 champions sell back for their full gold value. All others sell for 1 less gold than their full gold value. Example: 2-star Tier 3 champion sell value: 5⇒8, 3-star Tier 1 Champion sell value: 5⇒9
- Level 4 drop chances (by Champion Tier): 60/30/10/0/0%⇒55/30/15/0/0%
- Level 9 drop chance (by Champion Tier): 10/15/25/35/15%⇒10/15/30/30/15%
- Kayn will no longer drop a Spatula item if you have 0 of that trait on the board.
- Neeko’s help now always works, even if there are no more copies in the bag.The extra champ generated is extra, and when sold or the player is defeated does not go back into the bag.
Balance and Adjustments
- Blademaster: 30/55/100% ⇒ 30/70/100% chance for an extra 2 attacks.
- Brawler: 350/650⇒350/600 Bonus Health
- Celestial (6) is now only attainable via Celestial Orb
- Celestial (4) is Gold & Celestial (6) is Chromatic
- Celestial Healing from Damage: 15/35/60%⇒15/40/99%
- Chrono: Added Chrono (8): 0.75 seconds
- Cybernetic: 350&35/700&70⇒350&40/600&80 Health & Attack Damage
- Dark Star breakpoints: 3/6/9⇒2/4/6/8
- Dark Star Bonus Attack Damage and Ability Power: 20/25/30⇒8/16/24/32 Bonus Attack Damage & Ability Power.
- Dark Stars now get their damage buffs whenever an ally dies rather than when just another Dark Star dies.
- Infiltrator: 50/75/120%⇒40/70/120%
- Mystic Magic Resistance: 35/105⇒50/125
- Protector shield amount of maximum health: 25/30/40⇒30/40/55%
- Sniper (2): 15%⇒10% Bonus Damage per hex.
- Added Sniper (4): 18% Bonus Damage per hex.
- Removed Sorcerer (8)
- Sorcerer bonus Spell Power: 20/40/75⇒20/45/75%
- Star Guardian Mana distribution: 30/50⇒25/40
- Star Guardian now properly gives the correct amount of mana of casts after the first one. This results in a buff for the trait.
- Added Star Guardian (9): 55 Mana
- Vanguard Armor: 125/250⇒125/300
- Added Vanguard (6): 1000 Armor
Mech Pilot adjustments
- Pilots Health on Eject: 100%⇒35%
- Mech Health: 1500 + 45% of Pilots⇒2200 + 50% of Pilots
- Mech Attack Damage: 90 + 45% of Pilots⇒160 + 50% of Pilots
- Mech Attack Speed: 0.75⇒0.85
- Mech Cleave Damage: 100% of AD⇒80% of AD
- Mech Total Mana: 225⇒200
- Mech Armor: 30⇒70
- Mech Magic Resistance: 20⇒70
- Mecha Justice Damage: 400/500/600/700/800/1200/5000 ⇒ 700/750/800/850/900/1200/5000
- Mecha Justice Splash Damage: 200/250/300/350/400/600/5000 ⇒ 350/375/400/425/450/600/5000
Tier 2 Champions
- Annie Health: 700⇒750
- Annie Mana: 75/150⇒70/140
- Annie Galaxy Shield-Blast Damage: 150/200/300⇒300/400/600
- Annie Galaxy Shield-Blast Shield: 270/360/540⇒400/500/700
Tier 3 Champions
- Ashe Mana: 50/125⇒50/100
- Ashe Enchanted Crystal Arrow Damage: 250/350/700⇒200/275/550
- Ashe Missile Speed increased by 50%
- Ezreal Mana: 50/125⇒50/80
- Ezreal Attack Speed: 0.7⇒0.75
- Ezreal E.M.P Damage: 200/300/600⇒100/150/400
- Jayce Health: 750⇒850
- Neeko Pop Blossom Damage: 200/275/550⇒150/250/500
- Rumble Health: 800⇒900
- Rumble Mana: 0/60⇒0/50
- Rumble Flamespitter Damage: 350/500/1000⇒500/750/1500
- Shaco Attack Damage: 70⇒75
- Shaco Deceive Attack Damage Bonus: 200/225/250%⇒250/275/300%
- Syndra Mana: 0/65⇒0/60
- Syndra Unleashed Power Damage: 100/150/250⇒100/125/200
- Syndra will now pick additional targets if she’s dealing more than enough damage to kill her target
Tier 4 Champions
- Fizz Health: 600⇒700
- Fizz Attack Speed: 0.8⇒0.85
- Fizz Mana: 80/150⇒60/120
- Fizz Chum the Waters Damage: 350/500/2000⇒450/600/5000
- Jhin Attack Damage: 90⇒80
- Jhin Base Attack Speed: 0.9⇒0.85 / 0.9 / 1.1 by star level
- Jinx Rocket Damage: 125/200/750⇒125/200/1000
- Jinx no longer fires Rockets with the extra shots from her Blaster Trait.
- Starting/Total Mana: 40/120⇒120/120
- Attack Speed: 0.8⇒0.2
- Damage per fighter: 100/150/750⇒80/150/750
- NEW: Fighters drain 10/25/50 mana from their targets
- NEW: First cast launches 4 fighters. Subsequent casts launch 2 additional.
- Note: Taken together, he’ll deal more damage through the first 10 seconds of the fight, then fall behind from there, relative to before patch 10.12.
- Starting/Total Mana: 50/150⇒80/150
- Chronobreak Damage: 225/400/2000⇒100/200/2000
- Chronobreak targeting: Hits every enemy once⇒Hits 5/7/20 times.
- NEW: Slows the Attack Speed of all enemies hit by 50% for 7 seconds.
- Reduced the size of increased radius Gangplank gains from his Larger Area Upgrade
- Starting/Total Mana: 100/175⇒70/160
We’re giving some of our tankier champs more base defenses to make them stand out a bit more as front line compared to other champions.
- Graves: +5 Armor & +10 Magic Resistance
- Illaoi: +5 Armor & +10 Magic Resistance
- Jarvan: +5 Armor & +10 Magic Resistance
- Leona: +5 Armor & +10 Magic Resistance
- Malphite: +5 Armor & +10 Magic Resistance
- Poppy: +5 Armor & +10 Magic Resistance
- Annie: +10 Armor & +15 Magic Resistance
- Blitzcrank: +10 Armor & +15 Magic Resistance
- Mordekaiser: +10 Armor & +15 Magic Resistance
- Nautilus: +10 Armor & +15 Magic Resistance
- Rakan: +10 Armor & +15 Magic Resistance
- Shen: +10 Armor & +15 Magic Resistance
- Xin Zhao: +10 Armor & +15 Magic Resistance
- Jayce: +10 Magic Resistance
- Neeko: +10 Armor & +20 Magic Resistance
- Rumble: +10 Armor & +20 Magic Resistance
- Vi: +10 Armor & +20 Magic Resistance
- Gnar: +15 Armor & +20 Magic Resistance
- Wukong: +15 Armor & +20 Magic Resistance
- Aurelion Sol: +20 Armor & +20 Magic Resistance
- Thresh: +20 Armor & +20 Magic Resistance
- Bloodthirster Lifesteal: 35%⇒40%
- Chalice of Harmony has been renamed and redesigned. Its new name is Chalice of Power.
- Chalice of Power (Tear + Cloak): At start of combat, the holder and their left and right neighbors gain 30 AP for 20 seconds.
- Deathblade: 30⇒25 AD per stack.
- Battlecast Plating replaces Demolitionist’s Charge.
- Battlecast Plating: This champion is now Battlecast.
- Giant Slayer: Effect changed to: “Deal 20% bonus true damage. If enemy max Health is over 1750, deal 80% bonus true damage instead.”
- Hextech Gunblade: 25% healing from all damage dealt⇒35% healing from spell damage.
- Infinity Edge: +100% Critical Strike Damage⇒+100% Critical Strike Chance and +20% Critical Strike Damage. Is now Unique.
- Jeweled Gauntlet: Holder’s spells can crit⇒Holder’s spells can crit and holder gains +20% Critical Strike Damage.
- Luden’s Echo: Star scaling removed. Now deals 200 magic damage per bounce.
- Rapid Firecannon: +200% Range⇒+200% Range and holder’s attacks can’t miss.
- Red Buff: 25% burn over 10 seconds ⇒ 10% burn over 4 seconds.
- Blue Buff replaces Seraph’s Embrace.
- Blue Buff: After casting a spell, set your mana to 20. Unique.
- Warmog’s Armor: 5% Missing Health Regen⇒+600 Health. (The item now grants exactly 1000 Health and nothing else.)
- The Super Mech’s Spell should no longer fizzle if the primary target dies.
- Aurelion Sol now stops moving immediately when Ekko ults.
- Aurelion Sol no longer gains mana from the Starship trait while Ekko is ulting, and can no longer cast during Ekko ult.
- Aurelion Sol will no longer spend his mana without launching fighters at the beginning of a round where all enemies are untargetable.
- Caitlyn’s spell will no longer be interrupted if the target enters stealth.
- Sniper trait no longer increases Runaan’s Hurricane damage.
- Fixed a long standing issue where combining a Tear of the Goddess into a completed item mid-combat would grant the unit extra mana.
- Fixed some cases where Ziggs’ Bomb! spell could disappear mid-flight.
- Fixed bug where you only get 6 items from loot in extremely rare cases.
- Added some extra range cushion to Luden’s Echo bounces, to improve the item’s reliability
- Fixed a bug that allowed more than one Shroud of Stillness to be equipped on a champion through champion promotion.
- The Team Planner is now available throughout the app! Build your dream team before you hop into a game, and reference it while playing. Your team will be saved until you quit the app.
- The Store is live. You can purchase board skins, Little Legend eggs, and more! The items are of a limited selection for now, but expect to see new additions in the future.