League of Legends patch 13.3 will be the next patch arriving after the current 13.1b, and with it brings buffs to support tanks, nerfs to early ganks and some system changes.
Riot is once again looking to make big sweeping changes with patch 13.3 for League of Legends. With several of the tank supports being buffed, Riot wants to shake up the enchanter meta bot lane and replace it with engage supports. Alongside this we’ll be receiving nerfs to early ganks, and a few system changes to boot.
Here’s what you need to know about League of Legends patch 13.3.
Where’s Patch 13.2?
For those unaware, due to the recent cyber attacks that have happened at Riot they’ve had disruptions in their ability to push patches to League of Legends. As such, instead of receiving patch 13.2, we instead received patch 13.1B, where we saw the changes to fighter items and the AD carry item buffs.
When does LoL patch 13.3 go live?
Normally, Riot’s patch schedule would indicate that patch 13.3 should hit the live servers on February 8, 2023. However, due to the same social engineering attack that caused significant delays for the previous patch, the rollout of 13.3 was delayed by a day to February 9. At the time of writing, the patch is live.
What’s changing in League of Legends patch 13.3?
Ahri’s ASU is finally here, Annie changes go live
After the Ahri ASU changes were delayed from Patch 13.1B, players were hoping that her ASU would be going live on patch 13.3. Fortunately, they’ll be getting exactly what they asked for. She won’t be getting any balance changes, but her new look and animations are more than worth playing her for.
Alongside Ahri, Annie was slated to receive some big buffs and a rework to her E in patch 13.1B. Her buffs are extensive and give her some more power in late game with her ultimate, and her E’s cooldown has been significantly reduced.
Aurelion Sol’s long-awaited rework is here!
Aurelion Sol’s CGU (Champion Gameplay Update) has finally hit live servers. Every ability has been changed, and his gameplay is entirely different. For more information about his new abilities and damage numbers, you can find our article about every Aurelion Sol change here.
Support Tank Buffs
It appears that after the set of changes made to ADCs last patch, Riot is looking to move on to their support counterparts by buffing a large portion of tank supports.
Tank supports have been struggling for a while now, with the sheer dominance of enchanters, pro players have resorted to even picking ADC supports to counter the overwhelming presence of shield/heal supports.
However, a lot has changed since Phreak’s initial set of notes. Some changes have been entirely walked back, while others have had some big adjustments in the final version of patch 13.3. The Dexerto article covering Phreak’s proposed changes will give you a look at what he had originally planned in comparison to what made it to the live servers.
Nerfs to early jungle ganks
Riot has also mentioned that they’re currently looking at early dive power from junglers and the rewards of ganking vs farming. They’ve stated that they’re looking to chip down power from early jungle ganks (particularly in bot lane) in the short term whilst looking at bigger changes down the line.
Radiant Virtue Sidegrade
Radiant Virtue will also be receiving some big changes this patch, moving it to more of a tank item focused on keeping tanks alive. This item had a high presence in pro play, and high win rates at all ranks despite having a relatively low pick rate.
League of Legends Patch 13.3 Notes
Update: Aurelion Sol and Annie have both been hotfix nerfed, altering some of the changes in the patch notes below. You can find the list of hotfix nerfs here.
Passive: Triumphant Roar
- Self Heal Adjusted: 23-142 >>> 5% max HP
- Ally Heal Adjusted: 46-284 >>> 6% of Alistar’s max HP
- Mana Cost Reduced: 55/60/65/70/75 >>> 50/55/60/65/70
- AP Ratio Increased: 50% >>> 70%
- Mana Cost Reduced: 65/70/75/80/85 >>> 50/55/60/65/70
- AP Ratio Increased: 70% >>> 90%
- Mana Cost Reduced: 50/60/70/80/90 >>> 50/55/60/65/70
- AP Ratio Increased: 40% >>> 70%
Q: Bandage Toss
- Mana Cost Increased: 40/45/50/55/60 >>> 45/50/55/60/65
- Damage Adjusted: 80/110/140/170/200 >>> 65/100/135/170/205
- Stun is now primed on game start and respawn
E: Molten Shield
- Shield AP ratio increased 35% >>> 55%
- Now can only reflect damage once per target, per shield (Tibbers duplicated shield counts as a new shield)
- Damage Reflect Increased: 20/30/40/50/60 (+20% AP) >>> 30/45/60/75/90 (+40% AP)
- Damage is reflected from Ability hits and auto attacks, not just auto attacks (does not trigger on DoTs already in progress and traps)
- Cooldown Reduced: 14/13/12/11/10 >>> 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
R: Summon Tibbers
- Tibbers HP now has an AP ratio of +75%
- Tibbers Resistances now have an AP ratio of +5%
- Tibbers Move Speed Increased: 350 flat >>> 350/375/400
- Base HP RegenIncreased: 8.5 >>> 10
- Base HP Increased: 610 >>> 640
Passive: Concussive Blows
- Target Immunity Breakpoints Lowered: 8/6/4 seconds (based on levels 1/7/13) >>> 8/6/4 seconds (based on levels 1/6/11)
Q: Winter’s Bite
- Cooldown Reduced: 10/9/8/7/6 >>> 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds
W: Stand Behind Me
- Bonus armor and MR: 10/14/18/22/26 >>> 20/25/30/35/40
- Base armor: 34 >>> 36
W: Golden Aegis
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Cooldown: 9 >>> 8
- Shield AD scaling: Now scales with 80% bonus AD, base shield amount unchanged
- Shield duration: 5 >>> 4
E: Force Pulse
- Base damage: 80/105/130/155/180 >>> 60/90/120/150/180
- Base damage: 80/100/120 >>> 70/90/110
- Base bonus damage per stack: 40/50/60 >>> 35/45/55
Passive: Divine Ascent
- Exalted Move Speed Increased: 8% >>> 10%
E: Starfire Spellblade
- Passive on-hit AP Ratio Increased: 20% >>> 25%
Passive: The Darkin Scythe (Shadow Assassin Only)
- Bonus Magic Damage Increased: 13-40% >>> 15-45% of post mitigation damage
Q: Reaping Slash (Shadow Assassin/Base Form Only)
- AD scaling: +65% bonus AD >>> +80% bonus AD
- Health growth: 108 >>> 114
Q: Ntofo Strikes
- Q3 Knock Up Duration Reduced: 1 >>> 0.65 Seconds
- Q3 Stun Duration Reduced: 1-1.25 >>> 1 second flat
W: Path Maker
- Minimum Stun Duration Redcued: 0.35/0.45/0.55/0.65/0.75 >>> 0.3/0.35/0.4/0.45/0.5 seconds
R: All Out
- Bonus Resistances Lost Increased: 65% >>> 85%
- Mana Regen Per 5 Increased: 6 >>> 8
- Mana Regen Per Level Increased: 0.8 >>> 1
Q: Sigil of Malice
- Mana Cost Reduced: 50/55/60/65/70 >>> 50 flat
- Cooldown Reduced: 60/45/30 >>> 50/40/30 seconds
Q: Sonic Wave/ Resonating Strike
- Bonus AD Ratio Increased: 100% >>> 110%
E: Tempest/ Cripple
- Tempest Damage Adjusted: 100/130/160/190/220 (+100% bonus AD) >>> 35/55/75/95/115 (+110% total AD)
- Cripple Slow Increased: 20/30/40/50/60% >>> 20/35/50/65/80%
Passive: Staggering Blow
- Bonus Damage Increased: 8-110 >>> 14-116 (based on level)
W: Titan’s Wrath
- Shield cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6 >>> 8/7.5/7/6.5/6
- Shield Increased: 40/50/60/70/80 >>> 50/60/70/80/90
- Damage Increased: 55/85/115/145/175 (+30% AP) >>> 55/90/125/160/195 (+50% AP)
E: Phantom Undertow
- Damage Increased: 105/135/165/195/225 >>> 105/145/185/225/265
Q: Gleaming Quill
- Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 >>> 11/10/9/8/7
- Mana cost: 60 >>> 45
- Heal: 30-115 >>> 40-210 (based on level)
W: Battle Dance
- AP Ratio Increased: 70% >>> 80%
Q: Death Sentence
- Damage Increased: 100/140/180/220/260 (+50% AP) >>> 100/145/190/235/280 (+80% AP)
W: Dark Passage
- Shield per soul: 2 >>> 1.5
- AP Ratio Increased: 40% >>> 60%
- Dance now scales with movement speed
W: Frozen Domain
- Cooldown Reduced: 18/17/16/15/14 >>> 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
W: Unstable Matter
- AP Ratio Reduced: 4% per 100 AP >>> 3% per 100 AP
E: Elastic Slingshot
- Damaged Reduced: 60/110/160/210/260 (+90% AP) >>> 60/105/150/195/240 (+80% AP)
- Total cost: 3000 >>> 3200
- Cooldown increased 60 >>> 90 seconds
- Maximum HP increase increased 10% >>> 15%
- Healing increased 8% max HP over 9 seconds >>> 12% max HP over 9 seconds
- Passive no longer provides ability haste or healing amplification
- Cooldown Increased: 40 >>> 50 seconds
- No longer instantly kills traps
- Bonus Damage To Wards: 2 for ranged champions, remains at 3 for melee
- Shield Adjusted: 10 + 9% Max HP >>> 20 – 300 (based on level)
- Now stacks multiplicatively, resulting in a nerf to stacking Tenacity
Early Jungle Ganks
- Treat Gold Reduced: 30 >>> 20 gold
- Experience From Large Monsters Increased: 75 >>> 85
- Stealth Ward Trinket Cooldown Reduced: 240-120 >>> 210-120 seconds
- Tower Damage Increased: 162-344 >>> 182-350 (based on 0-14 minutes)
Early Surrender Votes
- In blind pick and normal matches, surrender votes raised at 15 minutes will now pass with 4 out of 5 votes. Ranked games still require a unanimous vote until 20.