Aurelion Sol’s League of Legends Rework: release date, new abilities and more
Aurelion Sol’s big gameplay update is finally here. Every ability has been changed, and he’s set to hit the rift on patch 13.3. Here’s a full list of changes for the Star Forger.
League of Legends‘ Aurelion Sol is finally receiving an update to bring him up to League’s current standards. With the introduction of a new passive and the removal of some of his old abilities, the Forger of Stars should be on his way to terrify Summoner’s Rift shortly.
Aurelion Sol was released back in 2016, with a kit that quite literally revolved around him. Whilst thematically pretty interesting, his gameplay was rather clunky and caused his popularity as a champion to fall through the floor.
However, despite his low play rate, one tricks of the character found massive success with the champion in solo queue and forced Riot to slowly nerf his power level down.
Below is a full overview of everything we know thus far regarding Auerlion Sol’s upcoming rework in League of Legends.
Aurelion Sol Rework Abilities
Aurelion Sol’s new abilities still keep in line with his Star Dragon theming and have that sleek astral aesthetic to them.
With that being said, Aurelion Sol’s kit is looking to be entirely changed with the only remaining ability being his mobility spell.
Aurelion’s Passive is the new driving force behind his rework. Sol is able to infinitely collect Stardust of enemies which will upgrade his abilities in several ways.
For example, his E’s size will increase with the amount of Stardust he has collected, while his R will completely transform for the next cast if he gathers enough Stardust.
New Aurelion Sol Abilities in League of Legends
- Passive – Cosmic Creator
- Aurelion Sol’s damaging abilities break down enemies into stacks of Stardust, which permanently improves each of his abilities.
- Breath of Light: Bursts deal an additional (0.031% Stardust Stacks)% max Health magic damage
- Astral Flight: (%) increased distance
- Singularity: (%) increased area and (2.6% Stardust Stacks) bonus execute threshold.
- Falling Star and The Skies Descend: (%) increased area
- Q – Breath of Light – Mana Cost: 45/50/55/60/65 Mana per second | Cooldown: 3 seconds
- Aurelion Sol breathes starfire for up to 3.5/3.5/3.5/3.5/9999 seconds, dealing (15/25/35/45/55 + 30-90 (scaling with level) + 60% AP) magic damage per second to the first enemy hit and 50% of the damage to surrounding enemies
- Each full second of breath on the same enemy deals a burst of (40/50/60/70/80 + 20-40 (scaling with level) + 50% AP) magic damage plus (0.031% Stardust Stack)% max Health Magic Damage and absorbs 1 Stardust if they are a champion. This Ability’s range is 750 – 920 (scaling with level). Percent damage deals a max of 300 magic damage against jungle monsters.
- W – Astral Flight – Mana Cost: 80/85/90/95/100 Mana | Cooldown: 22/20.5/19/17.5/16 seconds
- Aurelion Sol flies in a direction. While flying, Breath of Light has no Cooldown, no max channel duration, and its flat damage is increased by 14%/15.5%/17%/18.5%/20%.
- Takedowns on champions within 3 seconds of damaging them refunds 90% of this Ability’s Cooldown. —– Casting Breath of Light while flying reduces flight speed by 50%. Flight speed is 335 + 100% Movement Speed.
- E – Singularity – Mana Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 Mana | Cooldown 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds
- Aurelion Sol summons a block hole, dealing (10/15/20/25/30 + 40% AP) magic damage and Dragging enemies towards the center for 5 seconds. Enemies in the center below (5 + 2.6% Stardust Stack)% max Health die instantly.
- The black hole absorbs Stardust when enemies die within it and each second an enemy champion is inside it. —– This Ability’s range is 750 – 920 (scaling with level). Minions and jungle monsters inside have 0 Movement Speed. Absorbs 1 Stardust per second from Champions Absorbs Stardust from units that die in the black hole: Epic Monsters: 10 Stardust Champions and Large monsters: 5 Stardust Siege minions: 3 Stardust Minions and small monsters: 1 Stardust
- R – Falling Star – Mana Cost: 100 Mana | Cooldown: 120/110/100 seconds
- Aurelion Sol plucks a star from the heavens and crashes it into the earth, dealing (150/250/350 + 65% AP) magic damage, stunning enemies for 1.25 seconds, and absorbing 5 Stardust for each champion hit.
- Gathering 75 Stardust transforms the next Falling Star into The Skies Descend.
- The Skies Descend: Aurelion Sol drags a constellation’s worth of fury down from the cosmos, dealing (187/5/312.5/437.5 +81.25% AP) magic damage in a larger area, Knocking Up enemies hit for 1.25 seconds, and unleashing a massive shockwave that deals (150/250/350 + 60% AP) magic damage to champions and Epic monsters and slows all enemies hit by 75% for 1 second.
Aurelion Sol Reworked Skins
As far as we know, Riot will be updating all of Aurelion Sol’s current skins’ VFX to align with his new abilities. He’s nowhere as old as the previously reworked Udyr though, so it’s unlikely we’ll receive any model changes for any of his skins.
Here’s a list of Aurelion Sol’s current cosmetics:
- Ashen Lord Aurelion Sol (1350 RP)
- Mecha Aurelion Sol (1350 RP)
- Storm Dragon Aurelion Sol (1350 RP)
Whilst the magical star dragon won’t be receiving any model updates, Riot has announced that he will be receiving a new skin in the near future. However, it won’t be coming alongside his rework.
Aurelion Sol Release Date
The Aurelion Sol Rework will be coming with patch 13.3, the full notes of which you can find here. Unfortunately, there’s no confirmed release date for the patch right now. Everything has been delayed due to the cyberattack against Riot Games, but we’ll keep this updated to give you an exact release date when we have it.