League of Legends patch 11.4 has arrived — and here are the complete patch notes including more changes to jungle experience, and Samira nerfs that aim to give the notorious ADC more “weakness.”
After a mega-sized patch 11.3 last time, the League balance team has taken a step back from lengthy change lists. Instead, the Riot devs are now taking a closer look at jungle, which they believe has “too much influence over the game.”
On top of that, the LoL team is taking another swing at Season 11’s top healing items like Moonstone Renewer, the main part of the “Moonstone Staff” combo.
A number of champions are also set to be nerfed, including Samira — Riot are aiming to “open up some weakness” for the controversial ADC — as well as Camille, Skarner, and pro play darlings like Renekton and Kai’Sa.
Here are all the details on League of Legends patch 11.4.
Samira having “weakness” added via nerfs
The Desert Rose has been a top-performer in the bot lane since her patch 10.19 release, with her burst damage extraordinary among ADC champions.
Due to her unique playstyle, Samira has been a tricky one to balance for the League dev team; she’s boasted a positive win rate since release, even with a huge 15.38% pick rate. Even worse — in Riot’s eyes — she’s being banned in 47.46% of all solo queue games.
To counteract her influence, the LoL devs are nerfing her slightly. These nerfs should “open up some weaknesses” for the ADC. There’s also a hope the number drops will “remove tools” for her counterplay.
Riot removing “influence” with jungle changes
Now that we’re a few patches into Season 11, the League balance team is taking another look at junglers, and how much power they wield in the game in 2021.
“One set of changes we’re working on for 11.4 is some position nerfs for jungle,” Yetter explained. “These should take jungle power down to Season 10 levels. Currently, the position is holding too much influence over the game.”
The Gromp, Krug, and Razorbeak camps will take more effort to kill, Yetter confirmed, and grant less gold and experience. This is to keep jungler experience cowled slightly.
These changes will mainly impact carry junglers like Graves and Nidalee, who have had a near-uncontested reign over the Rift since the start of Season 11. The nerfs also mean Riot can bundle a “few buffs” in 11.4 without fear of “power creep.”
League patch 11.4 will have no new skins
Each League of Legends patch usually carries with it a new bundle of skins, ready for sale. This time around, however, it looks like Riot Games won’t be pulling the trigger on cosmetic releases across the next fortnight.
“No new skins this cycle, catch y’all next time!” Riot Moonstone said.
“Just putting that out there since y’all are making fake skin previews and leaks since there wasn’t one.”
No new skins this PBE cycle, catch y'all next time! 💫
— kateyopeia – the snake era 🐍 (@moonstonesxo) February 2, 2021
Take a look at the complete League of Legends 11.4 update patch notes, courtesy of Riot Games.
League of Legends patch 11.4 notes
- Health: 613 ⇒ 615
- Base Damage: 75/95/115/135/155 ⇒ 75/100/125/150/175
R: Glacial Fissure
- Cooldown: 140/120/100 seconds ⇒ 120/100/80 seconds
- Damage Growth: 3.3 ⇒ 3.8
- Attack Speed Growth: 3.5% ⇒ 4%
W: Tactical Sweep
- Cooldown: 15/13.5/12/10.5/9 seconds ⇒ 17/15.5/14/12.5/11 seconds
Passive: Duelist’s Dance
- Mark Damage: 2.5% (+4.5% per 100 AD) ⇒ 3% (+5.5% per 100 AD)
- Health: 550 ⇒ 610
Q: Icathian Rain
- Base Damage Per Missile: 45/61.25/77.5/93.75/110 ⇒ 40/55/70/85/100
- Max Single-Target Base Damage: 101.25/137.8125/174.375/210.9375/247.5 ⇒ 90/123.75/157.5/191.25/225
- Max Evolved Single-Target Base Damage: 168/75/229.6875/290.625/351.5625/412.5 ⇒ 150/206.25/262.5/318.75/375
R: Death Lotus
- On-hit damage ratio: 25% ⇒ 25/30/35%
- Damage per knife: 15% bonus AD (+9.9% per 100% total AS) ⇒ 16% bonus AD (+12.8% per 100% total AS)
- Death Lotus’ tooltip now specifies it applies on-attack effects, in addition to on-hit effects.
Q: Sonic Wave
- Cooldown: 11/10/9/8/7 seconds ⇒ 10/9/8/7/6 seconds
Q: Cull the Meek
- Non-champion Base Healing: 3/4.5/6/7.5/9 ⇒ 3/4/5/6/7
- Enhanced Non-Champion Base Healing: 9/13.5/18/22.5/27 ⇒ 9/12/15/18/21
Passive: Daredevil Impulsive
- Bonus Damage Ratio: 7.5% AD ⇒ 3.5%-10.5% AD (levels 1-18)
- Damage Ratio: 100% AD ⇒ 80/87.5/95/102.5/110% AD
W: Blade Whirl
- Duration: 1 second ⇒ 0.75 seconds
E: Wild Rush
- Samira no longer dashes through allies
- Samira can now dash through enemy towers, but will target champions over towers
- Dash Speed: 2050 ⇒ 1600
R: Inferno Trigger
- Cooldown: 3 seconds ⇒ 8 seconds
- Health: 601 ⇒ 580
- Health Growth: 90 ⇒ 85
- Movement Speed Bonus: 15/17.5/20/22.5/25% ⇒ 20/22.5/25/27.5/30%
W: Astral Infusion
- Base Heal: 90/125/160/195/230 ⇒ 100/135/170/205/240
- Cooldown: 9 seconds ⇒ 9/8.5/8/7.5/7 seconds
- Bonus Damage Ratio: 40% AD ⇒ 55% AD
- Attack damage: 69 ⇒ 72
- On-hit damage ratio: 50% ⇒ 75%
W – Blighted Quiver
- Empowered Q Bonus Damage: Increased by 0-50% (based on channel time) ⇒ Increased by 0-80% (based on channel time)
- Max Missing Health Damage: 9/12/15/18/21% (levels 1/4/7/10/13) ⇒ 10.8/14.4/18/21.6/25.2 (levels 1/4/7/10/13)
Q: Baleful Strike
- Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 ⇒ 30/35/40/45/50
R: Primordial Burst
- Cooldown: 120/100/80 seconds ⇒ 120/90/60 seconds
- Health: 150 ⇒ 250
- Cosmic Drive no longer grants bonus movement speed when dealing ability damage
- New: If you have at least 160 ability power, gain 20 ability haste and 10-30 movement speed (based on level)
- Ability Haste: 30 ⇒ 20
- Build Path: Lost Chapter + Blasting Wand + 1250 gold ⇒ Lost Chapter + Blasting Wand + Kindlegem + 450 gold
- Health: 200 ⇒ 250
- Glaciate Damage: 100 (+30% AP) ⇒ 125 (+25% AP)
- Glaciate Cast Time: 0.25 seconds ⇒ 0.15 seconds
Eternal Winter (Ornn Upgrade)
- Health: 300 ⇒ 350
- Glaciate Damage: 100 (+30% AP) ⇒ 125 (+25% AP)
- Attacked speed: 40% ⇒ 45%
- Starlit Grace Ally Heal: 70-100 (based on ally’s level) ⇒ 50-100 (based on ally’s level)
- Ability power: 70 ⇒ 80
- Attack damage: 20 ⇒ 25
Jungle Camp Changes
- Experience: 135/138.375/145.125/155.25/168.75/182.25 (levels 1/3/4/5/7/9) ⇒ 125/128.125/134.375/143.75/156.25/168.75 (levels 1/3/4/5/7/9)
- Gold: 105 ⇒ 85
- Experience: 37/37.925/39.775/42.55/42.55/46.25/46.25/49.95 (levels 1/3/4/5/7/9) ⇒ 27/27.675/29.025/31.05/31.05/33.75/33.75/36.45 (levels 1/3/4/5/7/9)
- Gold: 42 ⇒ 32
- Experience: 18/18/.45/19.35/20.7/20.7/22.5/22.5/24.3 (levels 1/3/4/5/7/9) ⇒ 16/16/16.4/17.2/18.4/18.4/20/20/21.6 (levels 1/3/4/5/7/9)
- Experience: 45/46.125/48.375/51.75/56.25/60.75 (levels 1/3/4/5/7/9) ⇒ 35/35.875/37.625/40.25/43.75/47.25 (levels 1/3/4/5/7/9)
- Gold: 45 ⇒ 35
Incoming Healing Update
- Incoming healing only displays for that player and their allies
- Incoming healing now has a special bar treatment to differentiate it from other health bar effects
In-game Shop Updates
- You can now drag the corner of the shop to scale the size up and down. Be careful, it’s ticklish!
- The Quickbuy Panel has gained some additional smarts around trinkets. It will now automatically swap the order of the trinkets depending on the one you have equipped to save you a bit of time.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Bugfixes / QoL Changes
- League Client: The loyalty badge is no longer missing from Collections
- League Client: Fixed a memory leak that would happen with every mission’s celebration in the post-game, providing improved reliability
- Rell’s Passive – Break the Mold’s armor shred VFX have been adjusted when affecting minions or small monsters
- Fixed a bug where Jinx’s Q – Switcheroo’s rocket AS penalty was also affecting her base AS, not just her bonus AS
- Adjusted Sterak’s Gage’s AD to the appropriate amount
- Fixed a bug where Control Wards would be unavailable to purchase when a slot in the player’s inventory became empty after using consumables outside the Fountain
- Fixed a bug where Talon’s R – Shadow Assault would become visible to enemies when he kills any enemy with it while holding Duskblade of Draktharr
- Fixed a bug where Duskblade of Draktharr’s invisibility would be cancelled if the champion holding it earned a takedown while invisible
- Fixed a bug where a rooted or grounded champion would still be able to use Stridebreaker
- Fixed a bug where Galeforce’s Cloudburst would launch less projectiles than intended when the champion is teleported to Mordekaiser’s R – Realm of Death while channeling it