LoL 2024 rostermania: LCS & LEC roster changes and rumors
The western off-season is almost over, with every LEC move either reported or announced and the majority of the LCS moves recorded with a few exceptions. Catch up on all the rumors and confirmed moves now that the LCS and LEC moves are officially getting announced by teams.
It’s been an interesting year for League of Legends pro play to say the least. Record-breaking Worlds 2023 viewership was immediately followed by the LCS cutting down the size of its league from 10 teams to 8.
Evil Geniuses and Golden Guardians are both out, and any players who had signed agreements with the teams already in the off-season have been effectively let go.
Teams are in full rebuild mode as the news is breaking, with many players with a great deal of tenure and accolades being left teamless. While some rosters like G2 are planning to stick together, they’re the exception rather than the rule and many teams are swapping out players.
The LCS will have a new face in 2024 in the form of Shopify Rebellion, who acquired TSM’s spot in the league in a reported $10 million deal. TSM are planning to shift their League of Legends operations to another region.
Our tracker features the current roster changes and rumors in the LEC & LCS where you will also be able to find the latest rumors from both regions. We’ll keep updating this article as more information becomes available about upcoming LCS & LEC roster changes.
All LCS & LEC rosters changes
League of Legends Championship Series (LCS)
League of Legends European Championship (LEC)
|G2 Esports||BrokenBlade||Yike||Caps||Hans sama||Mikyx|
Note: The asterisk next to a player indicates a potential transfer that has been reported but not officially confirmed. If an asterisk is next to a player who was on that roster in 2023, it means that their place on that roster is in question and that there’s a good chance they’ll end up elsewhere.
LCS & LEC roster changes and rumors tracker:
- Team Liquid confirms UmTi has joined the team.
- Dignitas announces Rich as its top laner.
- FlyQuest announces its full lineup.
- 100 Thieves confirms its roster overhaul and announces its full lineup.
- Team Liquid confirms Impact has rejoined the team.
- Jojopyun to Cloud9 is made official as C9 looks to build an incredibly high-profile super team.
- Armao’s signing with Immortals is also officially announced.
- Goldenglue re-enters the LCS as a coach for 100 Thieves according to Sheep Esports. This marks yet another member of DSG’s staff making their way up.
- Vulcan joining Cloud9 has officially been confirmed.
- Bvoy set to join Shopify Rebellion’s roster according to Sheep Esports. This leaves big-name ADCs like Zven and Doublelift without a team at the moment, and only DIG has a spot.
- Spawn earns the Team Liquid head coaching spot after years of working with their tier 2 team, with Reignover staying on as an assistant coach.
- Sheep Esports reported that APA plans to stay with Team Liquid despite the team having a free import slot.
- EMENES’ “donezo manifesto” and Summit’s comments toward APA have caused quite the stir among LCS players and revealed internal tensions between teams from 2023.
- Infinite Reality (formerly KOI) have now reverted the KOI rebrand and have gone back to Rogue following their falling out with Ibai.
- Ice signed by Team BDS according to Sheep Esports, confirming the team’s ADC and effectively completing the LEC off-season.
- Castle set to join Immortals, as reported by Sheep Esports. Golden Guardians’ LCS exit was confirmed after Castle’s signing was agreed upon, and, though Licorice was contacted by Immortals, he didn’t have the chance to opt for the spot following IMT’s agreement with the Korean top laner.
- Olleh to Immortals made official.
- Fudge and Blaber being re-signed to Cloud9 made official.
- Mask to Immortals made official.
- Pyosik and Summit’s departure is confirmed by Team Liquid. It’s as of yet unclear where either player will end up.
- Berserker extends his contract with Cloud9, confirming that he’s staying with the team.
- Tactical signs back with Immortals as the only returning player from their 2023 roster.
- EMENES made his retirement official via an instagram post. He plans to complete his military service and study to become a veterinarian afterward.
- LCK Charmander claims UmTi’s heading to Team Liquid, corroborating a report from earlier in the off-season. With BRION letting go of UmTi on the same day, him coming to TL is even more likely now.
- Rumors were floating around that CoreJJ would be leaving TL to compete in Brazil, but he’s just showing up as a guest in a content creator’s tournament. That said, it’s not yet confirmed he’ll be re-signing with Team Liquid.
- Riot Games and the LCS announced that the league will now only feature eight teams. Evil Geniuses and Golden Guardians have exited the LCS and their players have been released.
- Rekkles reportedly heading to T1’s Challengers team in the LCK according to Sheep Esports as he hones his skills in the support role.
- Licorice has confirmed he was planning to stick with Golden Guardians in 2024, making it likely that he won’t be able to find a team on such short notice. The first all-pro top laner in Summer 2023 likely won’t be starting in the LCS next year.
- According to Sheep Esports, jojopyun was close to being acquired by Liiv SANDBOX in what would have been a historic roster move to the LCK. However, he’s staying with Cloud9.
- The LCS may be downsizing from 10 teams to 8 in 2024, potentially invalidating reported signings if teams end up getting excised from the league.
- Abbedagge confirmed he won’t be starting in 2024 along with a reply from Limit that possibly confirms he’s off XL’s starting roster as well.
- Myrwn joining MAD Lions’ LEC team according to a report from Sheep Esports.
- 100 Thieves seemingly let go of every member of their 2023 roster other than mid laner Quid via a tweet graphic. As one Twitter user commented, “they got Subway footlonged”. This matches with reports that Quid would be sticking around as 100T signs fresh talent.
- huhi joining NRG according to Sheep Esports as IgNar heads to Europe.
- Vetheo reportedly signs with Vitality to complete their 2024 roster according to Sheep Esports.
- Carzzy has reached a verbal agreement with Team Vitality according to Sheep Esports.
- Meech has reached a verbal agreement to join 100 Thieves according to Sheep Esports.
- Srtty has reached a verbal agreement with Evil Geniuses for the 2024 season, according to Sheep Esports.
- Infinite Reality has reached a verbal agreement with Markoon, according to Sheep Esports.
- FlyQuest has reached a verbal agreement with Jensen, according to Sheep Esports.
- Infinite Reality is set to sign Zoelys, according to Sheep Esports.
- Dove has reached a verbal agreement with Dignitas, according to Sheep Esports.
- Hylissang has reached a verbal agreement with Vitality, according to Sheep Esports.
- Targamas has reached a verbal agreement with Karmine Corp, according to Sheep Esports.
- Trymbi revealed that he won’t be starting in 2024.
- Eyla has reached a verbal agreement with 100 Thieves, according to Sheep Esports.
- Quid will remain with 100 Thieves for the 2024 season, according to Sheep Esports.
- Former Kwangdon Freecs support Jun has reached a verbal agreement with Fnatic for next season, according to Sheep Esports.
- Peach will continue to play on EXCEL, the team has announced.
- IgNar is heading to EXCEL according to Sheep Esports, the first LCS to LEC transfer of the season so far.
- Sheep Esports also reported that Tactical will be sticking with Immortals, a report that runs counter to rumors that he wasn’t planning to re-sign with the org.
- Zeyzal is headed to Shopify Rebellion according to Sheep Esports, making it two members from DSG likely headed to Shopify Rebellions LCS 2024 roster.
- Olleh is coming out of retirement and joining Immortals according to Sheep Esports now that he’s done with his mandatory military service.
- River heading to 100 Thieves has been reported by Sheep Esports, locking in their jungler. According to the context of the report, he was planning to stick with Golden Guardians but the organization chose to freeze its spending.
- Bo is set to join Karmine Corp, according to Sheep Esports. His addition to the roster by this report also adds some weight to the rumored Cabochard, Bo, Saken, Upset, Targamas roster, making it even more likely that’s the team we see from KCorp.
- Niqsy will be joining SK Gaming according to Sheep Esports.
- River hinted at a new contract being signed with a team, though it’s yet unclear if that’ll be Golden Guardians.
- YamatoCannon is coaching KCorp’s LEC roster according to Sheep Esports, with the much-loved coach finally returning to a team.
- Odoamne sticking with EXCEL in 2024 according to Sheep Esports.
- Upset set to join Karmine Corp, according to Sheep Esports.
- Fresskowy set to join MAD Lions according to a report from Sheep Esports.
- Gori announced he’s looking for opportunities, making his exit from Golden Guardians likely.
- Bugi staying with Shopify Rebellion during their transition away from TSM according to a report from Sheep Esports. He’ll join a previously confirmed Insanity, though the rest of the team is up in the air.
- A rumor from Crow claims that KCorp’s debut LEC roster could be as follows: Cabochard, Bo, Saken, & Targamas alongside Sheep’s reporting on Upset.
- FakeGod will be joining Shopify Rebellion for their debut split according to Sheep Esports.
- Rich staying with Dignitas according to Sheep Esports, making him the only player to stay from their previous 2023 roster if Jensen doesn’t stick around.
- Larssen is set to re-sign with KOI (now Infinite Reality), according to Sheep Esports.
- Sheiden is staying with Evil Geniuses for next season, according to Sheep Esports.
- Fudge’s contract with Cloud9 is extended to 2026, making his stay on the team all but guaranteed.
- Perkz has reached a verbal agreement with Team Heretics, according to Sheep Esports.
- Wunder has reached a verbal agreement with Team Heretics, according to Sheep Esports.
- Busio has reached a verbal agreement with FlyQuest, according to Sheep Esports.
- Elyoya has reached a verbal agreement with MAD Lions for a three-year contract, according to Sheep Esports.
- Team Liquid have reached a verbal agreement with Impact, according to Sheep Esports.
- Malrang joining 100 Thieves according to Travis Gafford on Hotline League 297.
- UmTi headed to Team Liquid according to Travis Gafford on HLL 297. It’s worth noting that UmTi was rumored for Team Liquid last year before the team picked up Pyosik.
- Tactical refused to re-sign with Immortals according to Travis Gafford on HLL 297, with his destination unknown.
- APA won’t be returning to Team Liquid in 2024 according to Travis Gafford on HLL 297.
- Vulcan and jojopyun are coming to Cloud9, while Berserker is sticking around according to various reports from Sheep Esports.
- Additionally, FlyQuest have picked up Inspired and Massu according to roster reports from Sheep Esports. Spica’s destination is unknown at this time if this report comes to fruition. At this time, Spica has only said “wtf found out im mcdonalds on twitter?“
- jojopyun will be replacing EMENES on Cloud9 according to a report from Sheep Esports.
- Treatz’s contract with IMT will be expiring, leaving him open for opportunities in 2024.
- Closer’s contract with 100 Thieves is also expiring, and he’s looking for opportunities as well.
- UNF0RGIVEN’s contract with EG is expiring, and he’ll be looking for a new team.
- Ssumday will also be departing 100 Thieves, making Sniper’s addition to the team even more likely.
- Tenacity, formerly top laner for 100 Thieves, is coming out of retirement and looking for a destination in 2024.
- Supa and Alvaro have reached a verbal agreement with MAD Lions, according to Sheep Esports.
- Crownie won’t be starting for BDS in 2024, and he himself claimed he was shocked by the news. His replacement is as of yet unclear.
- Meanwhile, Team BDS have announced Striker as their head coach for 2024.
- Jungler Isma has reached a verbal agreement with SK Gaming, according to Sheep Esports.
- Jungler eXyu is set to sign with Dignitas, according to Sheep Esports.
- Zven announces his departure from Cloud9. He’s entering free agency with a renewed focus on the ADC role.
- Chasy is allowed to explore his options, making it likely that he won’t be on MAD for 2024.
- Though KCorp’s LEC roster is still uncertain, Cinkrof himself claimed that he “most likely” won’t be a part of their LEC team.
- Mid laner Mask picked up by Immortals, according to a report from Sheep Esports.
- Armao to join Immortals, according to a report from Sheep Esports.
- promisq retires.
- Insanity’s contract is renewed in the GCD, meaning he’ll be starting for Shopify Rebellion.
- MAD Lions coaching staff gets entirely turned over, with its Interim Head Coach Pad leaving outright, as well as Analyst Aagie and Assistant Coach Zeph being allowed to look for opportunities with other teams. Head Coach Mac is likely out as well.
- According to a report from blix.gg, Melzhet has been locked in as MAD Lions’ new Head Coach.
- Perkz officially leaves Vitality, putting himself into free agency for the first time in a decade.
- Team Liquid Haeri is allowed to look for opportunities with other teams.
- Team Heretics Mersa is allowed to look for opportunities with other teams.
- MAD Lions entire roster is open to look for opportunities with other teams.
- Kaiser reportedly moving on from Vitality to join Team Heretics according to blix.gg.
- Larssen may be exploring his options despite prior contract signing due to KOI’s potential financial issues according to a report from Sheep Esports.
- Jackisek joining EXCEL as a mid laner according to a report from
- According to a report from blix.gg, JeongHoon has landed on his feet after Astralis’ LEC exit and joined Liiv SANDBOX.
- KOI Malrang is allowed to look for opportunities with other teams.
- 113 officially enters free agency after Astralis’ spot acquisition.
- Tomo, Diamond, Poome, and Enatron (Head Coach) enter free agency as they are released from their contracts with Dignitas and exit the GCD. If the report Jensen has left comes to fruition, only Rich will remain from their 2023 roster.
- KCorp officially joins the LEC, acquiring Astralis’ spot. As of right now, it’s safe to assume that most of Astralis’ old roster is getting turned over with their slot being acquired.
- Immortals Head Coach Mabrey leaves the team.
- Jensen leaving Dignitas according to a report from Sheep Esports.
- Rekkles officially leaves Fnatic and is looking for opportunities to join a team as a support player.
- Danish jungler Santorin announces his retirement from competition.
- FlyQuest Head of Coaching Sharkz allowed to look for opportunities with other teams.
- FlyQuest confirm the departure of Korean bot laner Prince, who leaves the organization after just one year.
- Shopify Rebellion announces that it has acquired TSM’s LCS spot and roster.
- Team Heretics has opened an application process for additional coaches for its League of Legends squads.
- Evil Geniuses Director of Athletics Andrew Barton is joining FlyQuest as their new General Manager, according to independent reporter Richard Lewis.
- KOI has reached an agreement with Larssen to renew the mid laner’s contract until the end of 2027, blix.gg reports.
- FlyQuest part ways with mid laner VicLa and head coach SSONG.
- Immortals support Treatz says that he has been given permission to listen to offers from other teams for the 2024 season.
- 100 Thieves will promote 16-year-old academy top laner Sniper for the 2024 LCS season, according to a report from Blix.gg.
- Immortals remove Turkish mid laner Bolulu from the Global Contract Database.
- Evil Geniuses part ways with all Challengers players except jungler Armao.
- TSM remove Korean mid laner Ruby from the Global Contract Database.
- Team Vitality parts ways with Polish jungler Selfmade, who had been on the team’s bench since June 2022.
- Heretics strategic coach SeeEl has been given permission to explore his options ahead of the 2024 season. He joined Heretics at the end of 2022 after a year with Rogue as an assistant coach.
- FlyQuest have confirmed the departure of General Manager Nick Phan, as first revealed by LCS insider Sander ‘LCS Eevee’ Hove.
- An LCS team that is not TSM has sold its spot in the league, content creator Daniel ‘dGon’ Gonzales has claimed on a recent episode of the ‘Facecheck’ podcast.
- Insanity is released from his TSM contract following the team’s elimination from LCS Summer, according to the Global Contract Database.
- Immortals parts ways with jungler Kenvi and with the three members of its coaching staff, Xmithie (strategic coach), Dayos (systems coach), and Draxyr (positional coach).
- Immortals remove top laner Solo from the Global Contract Database.