Football Manager 2022: Release date, headline features, platforms, and everything we know
Another year of football simulation is right around the corner with Football Manager 2022 arriving. Who will you manage?
The Football Manager franchise has always offered an incredible amount of detail, allowing players to take charge of their club through all of the highs and lows of the beautiful game.
We’ve avoided relegation, climbed up the leagues, and won a few trophies in our time, and with Football Manager 2022 we’re ready to do it all over again. Here’s all we know about Football Manager 2022.
Football Manager 2022 will be released worldwide on November 9, 2022. Players have been able to play the beta up to two weeks early by preordering, too.
- Read More: All FIFA 22 FUT Hero cards in Ultimate Team
Each release of Football Manager sees a set of new headline features. These are typically what differentiate the next game from last year’s, and some can be game-changing.
Here are the ones we know of, thanks to a new extended video from developer Sports Interactive:
Looking for a short version? Here’s what’s new, as per Sports Interactive’s blog.
- Data Hub – improved data and performance analysis tools for managers to ensure they’re getting the most out of their players. These are the same reporting methods used by real clubs.
- Match Engine – Expect new animations with players showcasing a wider range of movement, as well as improved AI.
- New player roles – Finally, players can deploy Wide Centre-Backs in a back three.
- Backroom Rewrite – Meetings with staff will now offer greater support and organization.
- Deadline day changes – Amended player values and scouting improvements will make Deadline Day more dramatic than ever.
Football Manager 2022 will arrive on the following plat
- PC (Steam, Epic Games and Microsoft Store)
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series X|S
A mobile version will also return to iOS and Android devices, but Football Manager 2022 Touch will be a Nintendo Switch exclusive this year – with no tablet version planned.
Football Manager’s Xbox Edition is getting some upgrades, according to a new blog post.
Sports Interactive has promised Xbox players a smoother controller experience with improved navigation. The Data Hub has come to the Xbox version, too, along with an improved match engine and the updated deadline day found in the PC version.
One of the more notable announcements made by SEGA is that Football Manager 2022 is going to launch on Xbox Game Pass on day one.
- Read More: Football Manager 2022 review
This will be available for both PC and Xbox players and Studio Director Miles Jacbonson noted that this decision was largely stemmed from “the success of our return to Xbox last year surpassed even our expectations and we’re delighted to be expanding our partnership with Microsoft.”
One of the neater aspects of Football Manager each year is that players will have the chance to jump into the game early, if they pre-order it at certain retailers.
This will only be available on PC, as you’ll need to pre-order it on the Epic Games or Steam store to gain two weeks early access.
If you’ll be jumping into Football Manager 2022, why not check out our guide content.