Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 1 is coming to an end, and with just one week of Overtime challenges left, data miners have given fans of the game an early look at the final Cameo vs. Chic Mission before the next major update goes live in February.
Fortnite fans have had plenty of challenges to sink their teeth into over the past few weeks, with Epic Games releasing both the Rippley vs. Sludge and 8-Ball vs. Scratch Missions in January as part of the game’s Overtime portion, generally set aside as the final weeks of the season.
The developers have decided not to release a new Mission on January 23, but that doesn’t mean that Overtime is finished, with a fourth and final set scheduled to release on Thursday, January 30, and thanks to leakers who sifted through the v11.40 update, we can take an early look at the challenges we can expect to see next week.
Just like the three previous Overtime Missions, players have a total of 10 challenges to complete, with a brand-new skin style for the Cameo character offered to anyone who can complete nine of them before Chapter 2, Season 1 ends.
The Cameo vs. Chic challenges might be some of the most difficult added to the game yet, testing players’ knowledge of the island with some tough challenges that will require a ton of exploring to complete. Players will need to find a lonely recliner, radio station, and outdoor movie theater to complete one, while another gnome has been hidden somewhere between a race track, cabbage patch, and farm sign.
Players will also need to dance on top of Mount H7, Mount F8, and Mount Kay, while also grabbing a ton of eliminations. One challenge tasks players with finding five eliminations in named locations, while another requires combatants to take down players with an Assault Rifle, Shotgun, and Sniper Rifle. You can view the full challenges below courtesy of iFireMonkey.
Leaked Fortnite Cameo vs. Chic Overtime challenges
- Catch an item with a Fishing Rod at three different locations with No Fishing signs
- Consume an Apple, a Mushroom, and a Slurpshroom
- Search five Rare Chests or Supply Llamas
- Five eliminations at different named locations
- Catch a fish at Lake Canoe, Lazy Lake, and Flopper Pond
- Visit a lonely recliner, a radio station, and an outdoor movie theater
- Get an elimination with an Assault Rifle, Shotgun, and a Sniper Rifle
- Destroy a telescope, a television, and a telephone pole
- Search the hidden gnome found in between a race track, a cabbage patch, and a farm sign
- Dance at the top of Mount H7, Mount F8, and Mount Kay
Completing these challenges will also earn players 52,000 XP points for each, helping to level up and earn Battle Stars towards your Battle Pass, as Epic Games offer fans of the battle royale phenomenon a final opportunity to hit Tier 100 and unlock the season’s special skin.
These challenges will go live on January 30, but the developers have yet to confirm a deadline for completing them, with Season 2 expected to start somewhere between February 6 and February 13.