NELK Boys reveal why they were denied entry into Russia - Dexerto
Entertainment

NELK Boys reveal why they were denied entry into Russia

Published: 13/Aug/2019 10:11 Updated: 13/Aug/2019 10:26

by Connor Bennett

Share


YouTube pranksters the NELK Boys have revealed why they were recently denied entry into Russia, and what they have set out to do next after their plans were shut down.

The Canadian creative collection, who upload daring videos with incredible levels of production, revealed that they would be heading to Russia following the conclusion of their ‘Spin the Globe Challenge.’

However, on August 9, they ran into trouble. Before being able to board their flight from Germany to Russia, the team was pulled aside and questioned about why they were traveling there. They had not updated fans following their release, but have now explained why they ran into some trouble.

Instagram: NELKBoysThe NELK Boys finally pulled off their long-awaited Spin the Globe YouTube challenge

In their newest upload – “Detained trying to enter Russia” – the group noted that during their detainment, they were held for around an hour before being told that their travels visas had been “revoked,” despite having an international lawyer helping them out.

In the immediate aftermath, the YouTuber’s added: “They pulled us aside and they knew so much shit about us – it’s hard to believe. It’s fucked to believe, but I guess we advertised that we were going to Russia a lot and I think like, someone alerted some level of government in Russia.”

Insatgram: NelkboysThe group are well known for their ‘full send’ motto where they go all-in on a video.

The YouTubers later revealed that the trip would not be a success as they had their visas for Russia revoked and would be altering their plans.

“It literally looks like we’re never getting into Russia,” they explained. “We got visas, everything was good, and then they got fucking reverted. So, unless we get invited by Putin himself, we’re never getting into Russia.”

Yet, they won’t be heading back to the United States or Canada anytime soon. Instead, the full NELK team will be taking on viewer suggestions for places to visit on a European road trip.

They added: We thought it would be sick to fucking just drive all across Europe. We rented these two big ass whips to fit all the boys and we’re thinking to just do what we used to do – get in the car and just fucking drive.”

Of course, this change will mean that fans will have to wait a little bit longer for some insane adventures, especially as they’re producing content on-the-go across Europe. 

Entertainment

KSI calls out Jake Paul after YouTuber KO’s Nate Robinson in boxing bout

Published: 29/Nov/2020 5:19

by Andrew Amos

Share


It’s been no time at all, but Olajide ‘KSI’ Olatunji has already called out Jake Paul ahead of their prospective bout at Madison Square Garden, saying that after his performance against Nate Robinson, Paul stands no chance.

It was the fight everyone had their eyes on November 28. On the undercard of Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr, YouTuber Jake Paul was set to bout with NBA star Nate Robinson.

What we got instead was a bloodbath. Robinson was trounced by Paul, getting knocked down multiple times before Paul laid the final blow in the second round. Robinson barely laid a glove on Paul despite coming out all guns blazing.

While millions watched, there was one spectator on the sidelines with more on the line than most ⁠— Jake Paul’s next prospective opponent, KSI.

The YouTuber has already faced off against Paul’s older brother Logan, beating the American not once but twice. Jake fancies his chances a little bit better, but KSI wasn’t impressed by the younger brother’s skills against Robinson.

As soon as the fight ended, KSI already started the war back up with the Pauls. “I saw nothing special from Jake lol. Soon come,” he said on Twitter.

The thinly-veiled threat at Jake Paul is alluding to their prospective bout at Madison Square Garden, pending the current global situation.

Paul has been pretty vocal about making sure the fight goes ahead, saying he has a point to prove against the British YouTuber. “KSI vs Jake Paul is 100% gonna happen. If I die without that happening, I would be so upset. It has to happen, for the culture,” he said in September.

While Paul didn’t direct address KSI post-fight ⁠— instead calling out Conor McGregor for a bout ⁠— the rivalry between the two YouTubers is fierce.

One can only hope they do actually make good on their promise and get in the ring.