How to do TikTok’s photo swipe trend
TikTok’s photo swipe feature has become one of the most popular trends on the app, with people constantly coming up with new ways to use the editing tool. Here’s how you can recreate the videos and join the trend.
Short-form video platform TikTok is the best place to go to find the latest trends and challenges online, as people are constantly coming up with new ways to entertain their followers.
TikTok has a range of different editing tools that people can use to keep their videos interesting, and these tools often form the basis of popular trends.
The latest trend to do the rounds on the app is the ‘photo swipe’ trend, which has users showing off a series of images in a slideshow-style format, usually with a song in the background.
Here’s how to try it for yourself.
How to do the photo swipe trend on TikTok
Recreating this trend is simple as long as your app has the feature available, but unfortunately, many users have reported that they are unable to do it.
Make sure your device and app are up to date, but if you still don’t have the feature, you may just have to wait a little longer to see if TikTok rolls it out to more people.
If you have access to the feature, here’s how to do the photo swipe trend:
- Open TikTok.
- Click on the plus button to open the camera.
- In the bottom right corner click on ‘Uploads.’
- Select the images you want in your slideshow, then click ‘Next.’
- Click ‘Switch to photo mode’ if it’s not on photo mode already.
- Select the sound bar from the top of the screen to pick a background song.
- Click the text button in the top right corner to type out song lyrics or captions for each photo.
- Tap ‘Next’ and post as you normally would.
People are using this trend to show all kinds of different pictures, whether that’s snaps from their lives, or popular memes.
If you want to learn more about how to use TikTok, you can check out our other guides here: