CM Punk gives scathing response to Logan Paul's fight challenge - Dexerto
Entertainment

CM Punk gives scathing response to Logan Paul’s fight challenge

Published: 28/Nov/2018 18:47 Updated: 3/Apr/2019 21:14

by Virginia Glaze

Share


Retired wrestling pro, mixed martial artist, and comic book writer Phillip ‘CM Punk’ Brooks has given a scathing response to YouTuber Logan Paul’s proposition for a fight in the octagon.

Punk vehemently denied any chance of meeting Paul in the arena during an interview with MMA Fighting’s Marc Raimondi, taking shots at the social media star’s popularity as he did so.

“I’m not fighting Logan Paul,” Punk claimed. “I think this is one of the avenues where people will be like, ‘I don’t even know who Logan Paul is.’ Logan Paul is apparently a popular guy, but it’s not in any kind of avenue that I drive my car on.”

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/cm-punk-says-he-will-listen-if-all-elite-wrestling-makes-an-offer/

Punk likewise decried Paul’s previous scandal from early 2018, where he garnered intense criticism after filming a deceased person for a vlog in Japan’s Aokigahara ‘Suicide Forest.’

“The only thing I know about him is he’s the guy who filmed the dead body in the Japanese ‘Suicide Forest,’” Punk continued. “…I’m not into sharing that much of my time and my headspace and my life with somebody that did something that I feel is so reprehensibly disrespectful to the people of Japan, who I love. They’ll always have a special place in my heart. So, no. I’m not fighting him. I have no interest to.”

Nicholas Hunt/Getty Imageshttps://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/01/logan-paul-youtube-apology

Paul called out CM Punk during an interview with TMZ in early August, just before his pay-per-view fight with fellow YouTuber Olajide ‘KSI’ Olatunji. 

Paul has since openly expressed an intense desire to fight in the UFC – despite org president Dana White’s vehement comments to the contrary.

Entertainment

PewDiePie hits out at company over KSI Meme Review copyright claim

Published: 25/Nov/2020 21:25

by Brent Koepp

Share


Popular YouTuber Felix ‘PewDiePie’ Kjellberg was stunned after a company copyright claimed his Meme Review with JJ ‘KSI’ Olatunji. The Swede lost all the revenue for the upload due to their awful performance of “My Heart Will Go On” from Titanic. 

On November 22, PewDiePie teamed up with fellow YouTube star KSI for an epic Meme Review. The duo tackled everything from British culture to Olatunji’s boxing match with Logan Paul.

Kjellberg later revealed on Instagram that the popular video had been copyright claimed by a company. The personality called the move “bulls**t” after the corporation took all the revenue over their Titanic joke.

Screenshot of YouTubers PewDiePie and KSI playing instruments.
YouTube: PewDiePie
The YouTubers’ awful performance of My Heart Will Go On got the video claimed for copyright.

PewDiePie & KSI’s Meme Review copyright claimed

PewDiePie’s Meme Review with KSI was a major hit on the platform, pulling in over 7.3 million views in just a few days. Fans of both YouTube creators were treated to a hilarious collaboration. However, the duo’s “attempt” to perform My Heart Will Go On on a flute and alpine horn caused the video to get claimed.

Kjellberg revealed the issue on his Instagram story on November 25. “So I got a claim on my KSI video. At the end, we played My Heart Will Go On,” he said, before playing a clip of their awful performance to demonstrate how absurd the claim was. “It’s too similar!” he joked.

It turns out the YouTuber had appealed the claim, but was denied. “So I appealed it, because its bulls**t why, and they rejected it! This is actually infringing on copyright according to this company!” he exclaimed, before breaking into laughter.

The 31-year-old explained that the company was now going to get 100% of the money made off the popular upload. “So all the revenue now goes to this company for the entire video. Like, what? Yeah, I just thought it was bulls**t, I don’t even know.”

The whole scenario is made all the more ridiculous when you consider that the Titanic joke was only a few seconds in a 26 minute upload. The fact that the company now gets to own the entire video is a good example how YouTube’s content ID system can sometimes be flawed.