Apex Legends update 1.78 nerfs Seer’s abilities: full patch notes
Seer is nowhere near as powerful as he dropped.
Seer has been a massive talking point since Apex Legends Season 10 started up and players were delighted to hear a nerf for the overpowered Legend was on the way. Now the update is live in-game.
Since the release on August 3, the 18th legend has wreaked havoc across the community.
Respawn’s vision for Seer was a long-term legend pick and not just another legend that falls out of the meta in a few weeks, and while they’ve probably accomplished that, they certainly overturned him.
Thankfully, the nerf is now in for the Season 10 character, to bring him back in line.
Apex Legends Seer nerf
On August 23, Respawn rolled out the balance patch to hit Seer, with changes made to all three of his abilities. The big changes are that his tactical no longer deals damage and the flash effect is removed.
🚨 New Apex Legends update live now on all platforms.
Includes Seer nerf! Full patch notes coming, but tactical no longer deals 10 damage and flash is removed. pic.twitter.com/0OUz1YMANB
— Apex Legends News (@alphaINTEL) August 23, 2021
The patch also includes some miscellaneous changes to Seer, and some general bug fixes as well.
Apex Legends 1.78 patch notes
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Increased wait time between sensor spikes for full HP targets 1.25s to 1.75s)
- Removed center circle ellipses
- Reduced range beyond 75m (blue spikes)
- Reduced field of view
- Increased detonation delay from 1.4s to 1.6s
- Players hit are no longer damaged or flashed. Screen shake from being hit is also reduced
- Move slow added while holding tactical
- Lowered volume on audio
- Fixed tactical FX being visible in firing range when it’s not supposed to be
- Increase cooldown from 90s to 120s
- Lowered volume on audio
- Fixed sever errors related with Seer
- Adjusted volume of voice lines that play when Seer is chosen
- Fixed a problem caused by Climatizer FX (“No existing effect for handle” error)
- Fixed an issue with challenges (“Array index -1 is out of range”)
- Fixed most instances of Legends “holding a grenade” when they have none in their inventory (Wattson still suffers from this in some rare cases)
- Fixed an error with using multiple grenades on explosive holds (a following update later today will cause explosive holds to spawn closed again)
- Switch: Fixed holospray display
Although Seer was undoubtedly powerful, it remains to be seen if these balance changes will be enough to stop the debate.
The community is left clashing against each other with what they think needs changing, even Apex Legends pro ImperialHal said: “I feel like people are completely not understanding what needs to be nerfed on Seer. People are saying you only need to nerf the damage — I think I also said it, and I’m 100% wrong.”
While some are hopeful that Respawn will do a good job in nerfing Seer, there are of course concerns that Seer will never be balanced.