Apex Legends’ awaited hotfix for the Season 10 server issues is finally here. The update will hopefully stop to the crashes players have been experiencing since the Evolution Collection event.
Since the launch of the Evolution Collection event, Apex Legends has been down more than it’s been up.
Players have struggled to access the new content due to spotty servers, and while work-arounds have been shared, a proper fix is finally on its way.
Apex Legends’ September 22 patch addresses the issues with games crashing from the moment you boot up the client.
Apex Legends September 22 update attempts to fix crashes
“We’re still continuing to work through issues causing higher-than-normal crashes, and we have hope that our patch scheduled for Wednesday will help,” Respawn said on September 20.
Respawn dropped an update on that Monday to try and address some of the original “teleporting, packet loss, and lag” problems.
While the original patch made progress, it hasn’t changed things for everyone.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Respawn has recommended players unequip “animated banner poses”, as these increase the likelihood of games crashing and servers lagging.
We've just shipped a client-side patch for @playapex which fixes numerous bugs, including some that can cause crashes and disconnects. See the full list below.
We're also aware that there are still reports of slo-mo servers, and are looking into it! pic.twitter.com/5Ruc9soJD8
— Respawn (@Respawn) September 22, 2021
There’s no balance changes per se in the update: The recent Evolution Collection patch added its own buffs and nerfs to Legends with some much needed Rampart balance changes.
However, there’s some bug fixes for Rampart and Private Matches, one of which removes an infinite ammo exploit for Sheila.
While it’s not the biggest patch notes this season, if the fix works, Apex Legends players should be thrilled to see the game’s servers in a healthier state.
You can find the full patch notes below.
Apex Legends September 22 patch notes
General bug fixes
- Fixed a crashing error sometimes caused by equipping animated banner poses
- Fixed an error with using a Crafting replicator (“PopLockFOV called more often than PushLockFOV”)
- Fixed being unable to hold to swap from an equipped Red Evo armor to a Gold Armor, if Red Evo armor had more health
- Fixed an exploit that allowed Pathfinder to melee far faster than intended
- Fixed Pathfinder Emote “Old Bot, New Trick” using the wrong icon
- Switch: Fixed “Press Left Stick to toggle Zoom” message diplsaying in the middle of the weapon sight
- Fixed Bangalore’s “Solar Soldier” skin obscuring the screen while ADSing while holding down her tactical ability
- Misc stability fixes, including fixing some errors that can cause disconnections
- Fixed being able to regenerate ammo for Sheila be meleeing
- Fixed players being able to reduce Sheila’s bullet spread by crouching
- Added transition animations for Rampart’s heirloom when the weapon is inspected while Rampart is sprinting
- Stability fixes
- Fixed players not receiving updated lobby settings when finishing a previous Private Match
- Fixed an error in Arenas that occurred when attempting to open the map
- Fixed players not showing up correctly in pre-match Team UI