Apex Legends’ Awakening Collection event is dropping with the 1.98 update, and it’s bringing back Control, adding Lifeline’s Town Takeover to Olympus, and Valkyrie’s Heirloom.
Apex Legends Saviors kicked off on May 10 and the community has been enjoying all of the fresh content that was added with the major update. Whether it’s the Heroic Defender Newcastle, the Ranked Reloaded changes, or the brand new POI on Storm Point, it’s safe to say Respawn knocked it out of the park with Season 13.
However, as we crossed the mid-point of Saviors, the community was waiting for Respawn to drop the next content patch, and luckily they’ve finally delivered, announcing the Awakening Collection Event.
With a Lifeline Town Takeover for Olympus, Valkyrie’s Suzaku Heirloom, and the return of Control, Respawn is certainly looking to impress with the next update.
- When is the Apex Legends Awakening Collection Event?
- Awakening Collection Event trailer
- Lifeline Town Takeover for Olympus
- Valkyrie Heirloom
- Return of Control LTM
- Awakening Collection Event reward track
- Awakening Collection Event patch notes
When is the Apex Legends Awakening Collection Event?
The Awakening Collection event will start on June 21 and conclude on July 5.
This gives players plenty of time to get their hands on any exclusive cosmetics and experience the fan-favorite Control mode once again.
Apex Legends update 1.98 time
The Collection Event will be released with the 1.98 update for Apex Legends. The usual update time is 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm BST.
However, console players can actually pre-load the download early, so you can jump right into the action as soon as the new event is available.
Awakening Collection Event trailer
The trailer showcases all of the cosmetics that are going to be available during the Awakening Collection event.
Lifeline Town Takeover for Olympus
Located between Gardens and Grow Towers in the northeast corner of Olympus, Lifeline’s Clinic will be a Town Takeover location packed with high-tier loot and special features.
Fit with a Med-bay capable of healing players and an Emergency Platform that can call in a single Care Package per match, any squad that can lockdown the clinic will be in a strong position to take home the win.
So, when you’re dropping into Olympus on June 21, make sure to check out the brand new POI, but be prepared to eliminate a lot of competition.
As always, the Awakening Collection Event will introduce a new Mythic-tier cosmetic to the game and this time it’s for the Winged Avenger, Valkyrie.
Her Suzaku spear Heirloom will be available to craft using Heirloom shards or gifted to any player who can collect all 24 items for the Collection Event.
If you’re looking for a closer look at the cosmetic, check out our dedicated article here.
Return of Control LTM
The fan-favorite LTM Control is returning for the Awakening Collection Event but this time players will be battling it out on Olympus, Storm Point, and World’s Edge.
A set of quality of life changes have also been added to the mode which you can check out below:
- Introduce Ad Drones to Control for flavor & storytelling purposes, but yes, you can also shoot them.
- Matchmaking improvement – Fill slots of missing players at the start of Control with new players to prevent imbalanced matches.
- Added tabs to the About screen – seen in Lobby and accessible in Control matches.
Awakening Collection Event reward track
It wouldn’t be a Collection event without new cosmetics to obtain. The Awakening Collection event brings a fresh reward track for players to progress through. Simply complete daily and weekly challenges to work your way through the track and earn all of the exclusive rewards.
If you’re looking to pick up Valkyrie’s new Suzaku Heirloom, you’ll need to buy packs with Apex Coins and collect all 24 unique cosmetics.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
After all of the items have been unlocked, you’ll be able to get your hands on the high-flying pilot’s rare spear which has some incredible animations.
Awakening Collection Event patch notes
On top of all the exciting new content, Respawn has also introduced a set of Legend balance updates, quality of life changes, and of course bug fixes which you can check out below:
Control Mode Updates
- Turned the match Time Limit back on, and have new logic for determining when the match should end which should fix the issue where matches were ending early.
- Give players a full ult on respawn if they had one when they died.
- Tuned down the Ratings given when you spawn on homebase from 75 percent to 50 percent to the next tier.
- Fixed issue where players on the end of match podium would be in random positions instead of grouped together in their squads.
- Turned off enemy highlights and enemy vehicle highlights.
- Force players to drain neutral point capture progress before starting to gain capture progress for their own team; if capture progress was made on a neutral point by the enemy team.
- Increase capture rate on Objectives based on the number of players capturing.
- Moved the Turbocharger for the Havoc back to Purple Tier.
- Allow players to equip 3x Scopes on LMG’s and Assault Weapons in the Loadout Selection Menu.
- Allow players to equip 4x-8x Scopes on Snipers in the Loadout Selection Menu.
- Merged the Marksman and Sniper Loadouts into a single Long-Range Loadout, Added a Specialist Loadout Category to give players more Med-Close Range options.
- Updates to Spawning Logic to try to prevent players from spawning near enemies.
- Players now gain Ratings for team actions like Zone Neutralization or Capture even if they participated in the action and got personal Ratings out of it as well (previously the player would get one or the other).
- Players will no longer get the Playing With Squad Ratings bonus for Ratings gained from Lockout being broken, and Bonus Capture Timed Event being completed.
- Removed the Squad Wipe Ratings Bonus when killing an enemy.
- Added a HUD message when Lockout is no longer available in the match ( displays again if Lockout conditions are met when Lockout is not available).
- Control: Moved the scoreboard to the inventory as the first tab. Changed the scoreboard button to be the same button as the inventory on the respawn screen.
IMC Armory Updates
- Fixed an exploit allowing players to throw grenades or use an Ash ult to enter through a hole in the collision mesh of the Armories roof (Hotfix).
- Fixed an issue where you would become unable to mantle after using the teleporter under the Armory (Hotfix).
- Prevented Tridents from landing on top of Armories.
- Removed Gold Loot Roller reward at Wave 8.
- Decreased chances of hop-ups spawning through the Smart Loot system. Base hop-up spawn rate is now 50% with Gold hop-ups further reduced to 20%.
- Smart Loot is no longer generated for teammates outside the Armory.
- R-301 and Rampage removed from crafting and added back to floor loot.
- Wingman and CAR SMG added to the crafting and removed from floor loot.
Out of Bounds
- Weapons and Abilities will now only stow in an OOB trigger when the player is on the ground (OOB timer will still tick up).
- Optic on Gold version defaults to the 3x Ranger.
- Can now use decoys from Valk Skydive Re-Deploy.
- Combat Revive: Moved revive cancel option from Lifeline to the player that’s getting revived.
- D.O.C. Heal Drone: Healing pool increased from 150 to infinite (still lasts 20s) and doubled the healing radius.
- Care Package: Cooldown reduced from 5 minutes to 3.5 minutes, weapon attachment panel now comes with a Shield Battery instead of two Shield Cells, and no blue beam on initial drop (will still show up after the Care Package lands).
- Fixed some final rings that end in heal offs.
- Fixed some final rings that end in heal-offs.
- Fixed some final rings that end in heal offs.
- Rings tuned for more balanced map dispersion.
This split’s reset is softer:
- 13.1 Split Reset: 6 → 4 divisions
Lower entry cost:
- -10 RP across all divisions and tiers.
Diminishing Kill Values:
More RP for high elimination counts:
- Currently the first three eliminations are worth about 100%. The subsequent three are worth about 80%, and anything after that is worth about 20%. We are changing it so each squad is worth about 20% less, while maintaining a minimum of 20%. This will give winning teams with high eliminations about 40 to 60 more RP.
Game bug fixes
- Crypto can now scan Survey Beacons with his Drone while riding the Trident.
- Fixed bug for cases where Newcastle could get stuck in the air for a few seconds when using his Ultimate while ensnared by Ash’s tactical.
- Fix for Newcastle bug where players are able to fill Revive Shield instantly by throwing a Knockdown Shield and picking it back up.
- Fix for Newcastle bug where players are unable to reload while the “Destroy Wall” prompt is onscreen.
- Fix for Newcastle bug where using his Ultimate would deploy longer than intended.
- Fix for cases where Legends [Newcastle / Seer] could get inside locked Vaults by placing a Totem on Mobile Shield.
- Fixed bug where Wraith was able to create a portal while in Revenant Ultimate and have the portal appear next to the totem after being sent back
- Add soundFX for Newcastle when he enters a Trident.
- Fix UI bug where Legend info would not display in the Firing Range.
- IMC Armory fix for situations where players could camp and block spots not intended to be with Wraith Portals and Tridents.
- [PS5] – Fix for bug where a player’s friends list does not properly update after putting the console in rest mode.
- Fix for cases where some larger Legends were sometimes unable to enter Containers on Storm Point when approaching them rapidly at an angle.
- Fix for Rampage/Sentinel for cases where the charging animation would show but they won’t charge when aiming down sites.
- Fix for cases where Bloodhound and Seer scans would persist after the user leaves the game.
- [Caustic] – Fix for bug where players could still see the enemy’s red highlight while they are in or behind the gas they deployed.
- Blood splatter VFX no longer appears when Ash gets shot.
- Fix cases where Amped Up” UI persists after Seer uses Heart Seeker passive.
- [Control Mode] – Fixed bug for when the enemy team will continue a capture point’s progress without needing to flip or undo the other team’s progress.
- [Control Mode] – Fix for UI bug where the Abandoned Game Penalty is actually longer than the display warns.
- [Control Mode] – Fixed bug where picking up a weapon in Control always shows a full mag.
- Fix for cases where players appear to keep their thermite grenade after equipping it while using it on an explosive hold.
- [PS4 Pro / Xbox One X] – Fixes to improve frame rate issues during gameplay on some areas on Olympus.
- [PS4] – Fix to improve performance issues on grassy areas on Olympus.
So, there you have it, that’s everything you need to know about the Awakening Collection event arriving on June 21.
Don’t forget to check @alphaINTEL for all the latest news, guides, and top stories in Apex Legends.