The Rainbow Six Y6S4.2 update is on its way, and it’s a small one in anticipation of the Six Invitational 2022. However, there’s still some balance changes on the way for Aruni, Ela, and Zofia, as the three Operators get touch ups ahead of the world championship.
Ubisoft are deliberately shipping a small patch in Y6S4.2 as Rainbow Six players gear up for the Six Invitational 2022 and what Year 7 has on offer. This means no shipping of the talked-about Goyo rework, or even the camera changes floated as part of Operation High Calibre.
However, there are still some adjustments the developers have had in mind that are small enough to ship before February’s world championship, including balance changes to Aruni, Ela, and Zofia.
🛠 Y6S4.2 Maintenance 🛠
There will be an infrastructure maintenance today, Tuesday 25th, to implement Y6S4.2.
💻 PC: 09:00 EST / 14:00 UTC🎮 Xbox: 10:00 EST / 15:00 UTC🎮 PlayStation: 11:00 EST / 16:00 UTC
⏱ Downtime: 1 hour
— Rainbow Six Siege (@Rainbow6Game) January 25, 2022
What’s changed in Rainbow Six patch Y6S4.2?
Aruni buff gives her more Mk 14 EBR attachments
Despite her strong ability to block attacker rotations, Aruni has found herself a bit on the weaker side. With a negative win delta and a less than 20% presence, she’s one of the game’s weaker Operators.
A buff to her Mk 14 EBR, giving her the Muzzle Brake attachment, should offer defenders a bit more variety when choosing their loadouts though. It’s not a big change, but it might be enough to nudge her stats in the right direction with better accuracy on her first few shots.
- Read More: Rainbow Six Extraction review
“There were concerns that a DMR with recoil stabilization would be too strong for a Defender. After watching her performance on Live and comparing the Mk 14 to the P10-Roni, we made the decision to give her more options and add the Muzzle Brake to her kit,” Ubisoft stated in a January 12 blog post.
Ela & Zofia nerf reduces concussion effects
Polish sisters Ela and Zofia have always been in and around the Siege meta — the former as a more niche pick, while the latter was a meta stalwart. However, after a series of nerfs across 2021, they’ve fallen out of love a bit. That is set to continue with additional changes to their concussions.
Both Ela’s Grzmot Mines and Zofia’s KS79 launcher will no longer slow enemies’ movement speed after getting it. “Slowing players’ movement when they’ve been hit with Ela’s Grzmot Mine or Zofia’s KS79 often feels like a rolling snowball as players receive multiple inconveniences all at once,” the devs explained.
Ela is also getting an additional nerf to her FO-12 shotgun too, reducing the damage to 25 from 35 and also reducing the Extended Barrel attachment modifier to make it less of a threat at range.
You can find the full Rainbow Six patch Y6S4.2 notes below.
Rainbow Six Y6S4.2 patch notes
- Muzzle Brake attachment can be equipped on the MK14.
- Reduced damage to 25 (from 35).
- Reduced Extended Barrel attachment damage modifier to be consistent with other weapons.
- Removed movement speed reduction when affected by concussion effect of Grzmot Mine.
- Removed movement speed reduction when affected by concussion effect of KS79.
- FIXED – Camera goes out of bounds for an Attacker that’s watching a death replay when the end of round replay begins.
- FIXED – Bulletproof cam remains visually present when the deploy animation is interrupted.
- FIXED – Fuze’s Cluster charge cannot be deployed on Mira’s Black Mirror.
- FIXED – Razorbloom and Grzmot mine can be activated through a soft wall if the wall is shot with a small caliber weapon.
- FIXED – Ping doesn’t function when looking at a lower angle with Twitch’s Shock Drone.
- FIXED – Destruction, clipping, and lighting issues on various maps.
- FIXED – LOD issues on various maps.
- FIXED – Some devices can be hidden behind the bookshelf in 2F CEO Office on Bank map.
- FIXED – While using a controller, player cannot lean and hold Ying’s Candela at the same time.
- FIXED – Animation is missing for the Victory Celebration of Ash’s Black Viper elite.
- FIXED – Crash occurs when players shoot a certain locations on some maps.
- FIXED – Various UI issues.
- FIXED – Various BattlePass issues.
- FIXED – Various shop issues.
- FIXED – The game soft locks when changing the mouse sensibility while eliminated.
- FIXED – Various audio and SFX issues.
- FIXED – Various localization issues.
- FIXED – Various customization issues.
- FIXED – Players is removed for inactivity on Xbox after disconnecting and reconnecting a controller during a match.
- FIXED – Missing text on 3D preview in Packs after previewing items from different categories.
- FIXED – Player gets redirected to the home screen after interrupting a Pack opening by pressing ESC.
- FIXED – Compass Location and Orientation doesn’t update for a caster when switching from one player in first person to another in third person.
- FIXED – Various HUD issues.