PUBG Corp has released the patch notes for PC 1.0 Update #16 of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, which includes some changes to the new Event Pass and crates.
Update #15 was one of the biggest in the game’s history as it finally introduced Sanhok to the main version of the game along with a host of other changes.
As a result, the 16th title update won’t knock your socks off as it focuses more on some minor tweaks and adjustments, predominantly to the recently introduced “Event Pass”.
Much like Fortnite’s “Battle Pass”, the Event Pass for PUBG gives the players to earn various items and cosmetics over the course of a season by completing missions and challenges.
The Event Pass got a frosty reception from many members of the PUBG community and it looks like the developers have taken some of that feedback and made changes based on it.
The first sign of this is that they have decided to increase the maximum daily XP limit and reduced the play time for mission progress:
Before we get into the patch notes, we’d like to talk about Event Pass: Sanhok.
As we’ve said in the dev notes, the Event Pass was introduced to let players experience a different way to enjoy new PUBG content. Your feedback regarding the Event Pass has been extremely valuable to us, and we’re making some changes based on the feedback received.
Firstly, we’ve upped the daily XP limit and reduced the minimum play time required to count towards mission progress. We’re implementing these changes first on the test server. The changes will be added to the live servers as soon as possible.
We will continue to monitor your feedback and address other issues related to the Event Pass in the near future.”
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
There have also been various bug fixes and the Aviator Crate will now be included in the Random Crates is now the crate that is most likely to be acquired at 20%.
The full patch notes are as follows:
Event Pass: Sanhok
- Event Pass system’s progression mechanisms have been adjusted.
- Daily XP Limit 80 → 120
- Minimum play time required to count towards mission progress: 5 minutes → 2 minutes
- Minimum play time required to acquire XP: 5 minutes → 2.5 minutes
- Base play time XP payment is now granted in 2.5 minute intervals, instead of 5 minute intervals. Previously, 2 XP was granted every 5 minutes, now 1 XP is granted every 2.5 minutes.
- For Duo or Squad games, mission progress is updated when your team wins the game, or when your whole team is eliminated.
- ‘Reach top 3 without killing anyone in Solos’ mission requirements have been changed. The mission now requires reaching top 3 with 2 kills or less.
- Aviator Crate is now included in the Random Crates, and the overall chance of acquiring each crate has been changed as follows:
- The volume of footsteps has been slightly increased.
- Optimized memory encryption mechanism to decrease lag.
- Fixed an issue where walking on thatched roofs on houses in Sanhok did not produce footsteps.
- Fixed an issue where even under correct zeroing settings, the ADS aim point and actual bullet trajectory were slightly misaligned.
- This issue was most noticeable with the QBZ and crossbow