Pokemon Go’s Natu Spotlight Hour is next up in July 2021. Players will not only get the chance to get a Shiny Xatu, but they can also score one of the game’s most useful bonuses.
Introduced by Niantic in 2020, Go’s Spotlight Hour schedule has become one of the title’s most popular recurring events. For the final celebration of the month, trainers will get a chance to catch the Johto region’s Psychic/Flying-type Pokemon.
While Natu itself may not be the strongest addition to your team, its final evolution, Xatu, is more than worth the effort to get. This will be the easiest chance you will get at adding a Shiny version to your lineup, too.
As has been the case since 2020, each Tuesday of every month is dedicated to hosting a 60-minute celebration for a single Pokemon. Trainers exploring the map during the set time will encounter the selected ‘mon with boosted spawn rates.
- Date & start time
- How to prepare
- Spotlight Hour Bonus
- How to get Shiny Natu
- Spotlight Hour Shiny spawn rate
- How to evolve Natu to Xatu
Pokemon Go Natu Spotlight Hour date & start time
On Tuesday, July 27, 2021, the Pokemon Go Natu Spotlight Hour will take place.
The limited-time event kicks off at its usual time at 6 PM and runs until 7 PM local time, meaning no matter where you are in the world, the event starts at that time.
How to prepare for Natu Spotlight Hour
Preparation for this Spotlight Hour is crucial, as it only lasts – you guessed it – 60 minutes.
- Use your Pokecoins to buy at least two Incense.
- Clear out space in your Pokemon Storage Box for all the Natu you’ll catch.
- Bring a lot of Pokeballs with you so you can catch plenty of Pokemon.
- Collect Pokemon Candy for the Spotlight Hour Pokemon to evolve it!
Pokemon Go Natu Spotlight Hour bonus
For the Spotlight Hour on July 27, players will snag Double Evolution XP as part of the event bonuses.
If you have enough patience, it’s wise to save any evolving you want to do until the Spotlight Hour so you can get that extra Candy. This will be especially important for any rare Pokemon you have.
We always recommend using an XP-boosting Lucky Egg during Spotlight Hours. Since December 2020, Pokemon Go’s level cap was increased from level 40 to 50, so you won’t want to miss out on this chance to score some easy points.
How to get Shiny Natu
There is no set method to catch a Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Go, but there are some tips that can increase your chances during this Spotlight Hour for all variants:
- Load up Pokemon Go on your Android or iOS device.
- Use your Incense for the Natu Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour.
- Run around in-game until you find Shiny Natu which should be easier due to the increased spawn rate.
- If you encounter a non-Shiny Natu, leave and find another. Don’t waste time catching them, as you only have 60 minutes.
- Make sure you use Berries when you find a Shiny Natu so it doesn’t flee before you catch it!
During this 60 minute event, the spawn rate for Natu and its Shiny Pokemon variant will be boosted. That means it’s a perfect chance to catch a rare variant of the Kanto-region Pokemon.
How to evolve Natu to Xatu in Pokemon Go
To evolve Natu into Xatu in Pokemon Go, you’ll simply need to collect 50 Natu Candy.
Fortunately, the Spotlight Hour is the perfect time to stock up on Candy as there will be hundreds of Natu for you to catch during the 60-minute event, and you’ll have no trouble evolving a Xatu.