TFT patch 12.12 notes: Shyvana & Sylas reworks, Olaf & Xayah nerfs, more
TFT patch 12.12 is here and Riot are making some big changes to the Dragonlands. Three units are being reworked — Daeja, Shyvana, and Sylas — while another 28 champions are being rebalanced as the developers reduce tankiness: here’s the full notes.
With players taking to the Dragonlands in droves, TFT Set 7 is being considered a success on Riot’s side. However, there’s still plenty of work to be done with balancing everything, and that’s what TFT patch 12.12 is for.
After an urgent hotfix dropped in the hours following the launch to fix some outliers, Riot ended up skipping the b-patch to focus on bigger changes in the fortnightly update. That has allowed them to push out some reworks on a very quick turnaround and address glaring issues like tankiness.
More than 30 champions and half the traits are being adjusted as part of TFT patch 12.12, so catch up on the full notes below.
What’s changing in TFT patch 12.12?
Day one hotfix for Daeja and Volibear
After TFT patch 12.12 went live, Riot spared no time at all pushing out a revert for two units massively buffed in the changes: Daeja and Volibear.
Volibear’s spell buffs were completely reverted to pre-patch values while the reworked Daeja had his attack damage and spell bolt damage slashed. Both hotfixes were live before the patch even finished rolling out globally.
The Legend trait buff was also reverted after carries like Anivia were also becoming somewhat problematic with the bonus AP. You can find the full June 23 hotfix notes below, courtesy of Mortdog.
TFT patch 12.12 June 23 hotfix notes
- Attack damage: 40 ⇒ 20
- Spell bolt damage: 55/85/300 ⇒ 30/45/200
- Spell health growth: 550/1000/1800 ⇒ 375/650/1200
- Spell damage: 170/180/190 ⇒ 160/175/190
- Ability Power shared: 50% ⇒ 40%
- Hyper Roll: Fixed a bug where players would hit Level 8 and 9 a round late
Riot reworks three units: Daeja, Shyvana, and Sylas
When TFT Set 7 dropped on live servers, issues were bound to crop up. Immediately, there were three units Riot highlighted for reworks as part of TFT patch 12.12 — some even before the patch reached live and was on PBE, but just needed some extra time to work on them.
Daeja, Shyvana, and Sylas are those three units. From the top down, Daeja’s three-hit passive is now being moved to a permanently active ability which drains more magic resist. However, her attack speed is being massively cut to compensate.
- Read More: TFT Dragonlands pass details
The other two are facing more drastic reworks. Shyvana’s Flame Breath is no longer be static, meaning she can chase targets dashing around the convergence. Sylas’ ability is no longer mana-reave on the first cast either, instead giving him a shield. The mana-reave now applies on the second cast (or while he is shielded), and also hits a wider area.
Overall nerfs to tankiness should help stalling combats
Another big problem Riot is tackling in TFT patch 12.12 is the overall tankiness of units in the set. Between the Guardian reroll players, the Bruiser comps, and all the healing, a lot of combats have been stalling out until overtime.
Riot are making some sweeping changes to address this. A number of traits, including Bruiser, Dragon, Guardian, and more are having their tank values cut to help carries carve through them a bit easier.
Individual units are also being changed, such as Tahm Kench, Leona, and Shen — three tanks who have dominated the meta. The only tank units being left relatively unchanged are all of the Cavalier champions.
Major carries Olaf & Xayah targeted
However, with tank units being subject to Riot’s nerf hammer, some carries would start to overperform. And given some like Olaf and Xayah are already pretty strong, the developers are getting in with nerfs for those too in TFT patch 12.12.
Olaf’s attack damage is being slashed, while Xayah got fewer feathers that deal less damage as part of her ability. The likes of Ryze, Talon, and Yasuo are also facing Mortdog’s ire.
Some carries are being buffed though. Corki is a big one, with his The Big One rocket now always hitting a target instead of sailing by. Jinx, Karma, and Swain are also in the good books for TFT patch 12.12.
You can find the full TFT patch 12.12 notes below.
TFT patch 12.12 notes
- Spell damage: 175/250/350 ⇒ 150/225/300
- Mana: 40/80 ⇒ 50/100
- Spell damage: 225/300/400 ⇒ 225/325/450
- Stun duration: 1.5/1.75/2 seconds ⇒ 1.5 seconds
- Health: 700 ⇒ 650
- Spell damage: 225/300/375 ⇒ 200/275/350
- Explosion now centers on the missile’s target rather than slightly in front. This means she will more reliably hit all units in a clump.
- Primal Surge bonus attack speed: 50/55/60% ⇒ 45/45/45%
- Spell scaling: 170% AD ⇒ 150% AD
- Spell shield: 250/300/425 ⇒ 250/300/350
- Reworked: Tahm Kench now deals damage based on the next 3 attacks that strike him, rather than based on an internal cooldown
- Tooltip corrected to no longer imply that his bonus damage only occurs while the shield holds. The tooltip now reads: The next 3 enemy attacks he receives during this duration deal magic damage to the attacker.
- Mana: 60/120 ⇒ 50/100
- Mana: 40/80 ⇒ 50/90
- Max Mana nerf: 60/90 ⇒ 75/105
- Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.7
- Now always selects his hook target before enemy movement begins. This means he can now hook Cavaliers that started as farthest unit from Thresh.
- Spell damage: 300/400/600 ⇒ 325/450/700
- Pale Cascade orb Damage: 100/110/120 ⇒ 80/90/100
- Bugfix: Diana’s shield no longer stacks on itself once all the orbs burst. It now refreshes as intended. Her orbs now properly scale with Ability Power
- Armor and magic resist steal: 40% ⇒ 33%
- Mana: 0/70 ⇒ 40/100
- Spell damage: 275/325/425 ⇒ 300/375/500
- Mana: 70/140 ⇒ 75/150
- Spell damage: 350/500/900 ⇒ 350/500/800
- Attack damage: 60 ⇒ 50
- Health: 650 ⇒ 600
- Spell damage: 70/110/165 ⇒ 75/115/175
- Removed Mana-Reave on first spell cast
- Removed shield when casting on mana-reaved targets
- Added shield on first spell cast
- New: If Sylas is already shielded, the spell hits a larger area (2 hexes) and mana-reaves.
- Sylas’ shield now stacks
- Mana: 50/100 ⇒ 60/120
- Spell shield: 700/750/800 ⇒ 300/350/400
- Spell damage: 150/225/350 ⇒ 100/150/200
- Attack speed: 0.7 ⇒ 0.75
- Bonus health on transform: 375/650/1200 ⇒ 550/1000/1800
- Spell damage: 160/175/190 ⇒ 170/180/190
- The Big One will always explode at the target location instead of flying infinitely.
- Rework: triple missile barrage is now an always-on part of her passive rather than a temporary buff for 10 seconds after she casts
- Mana: 90/120 ⇒ 0/100
- Attack speed: 0.8 ⇒ 0.6
- Passive damage: 30/55/200 ⇒ 55/85/300
- Magic resist reduction per hit: 3 ⇒ 5
- Spell damage: 100/175/1000 ⇒ 225/350/1500
- Adjusted Windblast impact timing to better match the visuals
- Updated tooltip to use proper pronouns and description of AD percentage.
- Blade scaling: 100/100/200% AD ⇒ 75/75/200% AD
- Bugfix: upon recalling his Shadow Assault blades, damage will correctly be applied to secondary targets they pass through rather than dealing no damage
- No longer casts his spell if no units are in range of his blade ring
- Number of feathers: 2/2/5 ⇒ 2/2/4
- Base feather damage: 15/25/75 ⇒ 15/20/50
- Health: 950 ⇒ 900
- Tooltip has been updated to reflect that he “reduces” the enemies current Mana rather than “draining” it
- Health: 950 ⇒ 900
- Reworked: Shyvana is a smarter and even angrier dragon
- Dragon’s Descent Damage upon crash: 250/400/750 ⇒ 100/175/500
- Will immediately cast Flame Breath upon transformation
- Flame Breath will follow her with her movement
- Will find a new target to burn if there are no current targets in her Flame Breath
- Always Enraged while in Flame Breath
- Flame Breath duration: 1 second ⇒ 3.5 seconds
- Flame Breath Damage tick rate: 0.25 seconds ⇒ 0.5 seconds
- Flame Breath damage lingers for at least 3 ticks, up to the max damage amount
- Shyvana Flame Breath percent max Health Damage: 30/40/200% ⇒ 45/60/300%
- Mana 0/30 >> 45/75
- At 3-stars is much smarter and way more angry
- Third cast scaling: 300% AD ⇒ 250% AD
- Janna stun duration: 1.5 seconds ⇒ 1.25 seconds
- Now spawns Daisy at her target’s location rather than her own
- Crit damage bonus: 20/40/60% ⇒ 15/30/50%
- Ability power: 5/30/60 ⇒ 5/30/70
- Bonus health: 200/350/500/800 ⇒ 200/325/450/700
- AOE damage: 150/175/225/275% AD ⇒ 150/200/250/300% AD
- Bonus health: 750 ⇒ 700
- Shield: 35/50/65% max health ⇒ 30/45/65% max health
- Tooltip has been updated to further clarify that the buff persists as long as units start combat adjacent to a statue
- AP steal: 40% ⇒ 50%
- Dawnbringer Heal: 50/75/75 x 2/150 x 2% max health ⇒ 40/70/70 x 2/125 x 2% max health
- Attack speed: 50/150/250% ⇒ 60/125/225%
- Omnivamp: 30/50/80% ⇒ 30/50/70%
- Bonus magic damage: 25/50/80% ⇒ 20/50/80%
- Health increase on transform: 50/100/150% ⇒ 45/90/135%
- Number of items granted: 1/2/3/5 ⇒ 1/2/4/5
- Draven’s Axe gold: 10 gold ⇒ 8 gold
- Draven’s Axe gold in Hyper Roll: 8 gold ⇒ 7 gold
- Gambler’s Blade proc: 5% ⇒ 6%
- Gambler’s Blade RNG normalized
- Mogul’s Mail gold: 4 gold ⇒ 3 gold
- Attack speed per hex: 12/25/40% ⇒ 10/20/40%
- Now have a chance to feed 1 extra Snax for each Snax they would throw, instead of always throwing 2 Snax.
- Bonus proc damage: 120/200/300% ⇒ 120/200/350%
- Tier: Silver ⇒ Gold
Astral Heart (Silver)
- Tier: Gold ⇒ Silver
Binary Airdrop (Prismatic)
- Now additionally grants 1 random item component
Built Different I / II / III
- Reworked to scale in power across stages
- Built Different I health: 300 ⇒ 250/300/350/400
- Built Different I attack speed: 50% ⇒ 40/50/60/70%
- Built Different II health: 400 ⇒ 300/400/500/600
- Built Different II attack speed: 60% ⇒ 50/60/70/80%
- Built Different III health: 500 ⇒ 400/500/600/700
- Built Different III attack speed: 70% ⇒ 60/70/80/90%
Cannoneer Crown (Prismatic)
- Item given: Giant Slayer ⇒ Runaan’s Hurricane
Cruel Pact (Prismatic)
- Can only appear on Stage 2-1
Double Trouble III (Prismatic)
- Attack Damage, Ability Power, Armor, and Magic Resist: 55 ⇒ 50
Essence Theft (Gold)
- Mana steal: 4 ⇒ 5
- Attack speed: 60% ⇒ 70%
Jade Soul (Prismatic)
- Item given: Ionic Spark ⇒ Titan’s Resolve
Luden’s Echo I / II / III
- Luden’s Echo I damage: 70/90/110/130 ⇒ 60/80/100/120
- Luden’s Echo II damage: 100/125/150/175 ⇒ 85/110/135/160
- Luden’s Echo III damage: 140/180/220/260 ⇒ 120/160/200/240
Meditation I / II / III
- Mana regen per second: 5/7/10 ⇒ 4/6/8
Party Time (Gold)
- Attack speed on takedown: 75% ⇒ 80%
Preparation I / II / III
- Can no longer appear on Stage 4-2
Radiant Relics (Prismatic)
- Item choices: 4 ⇒ 5
Reckless Spending (Gold)
- Damage amplification: 40% ⇒ 50%
- Damage reduction on second hit: 66% ⇒ 50%
- Damage amplification: 40% ⇒ 33%
Second Wind I / II
- Healing: 50/75% max health ⇒ 40/60% max health
Shapeshifter Soul (Prismatic)
- Item given: Hand of Justice ⇒ Sunfire Cape
The Golden Egg (Prismatic)
- Turns to hatch: 10 ⇒ 11
Titanic Strength (Gold)
- Health to AD conversion: 2% ⇒ 1.5%
Trade Sector+ (Gold)
- New augment, only appears on Stage 3-2: Gain a free Shop Refresh every round. Gain 5 gold now.
True Twos (Gold)
- Reworked: Gain one random 2-star Tier 1 champion and one random 2-star Tier 2 champion
- Re-enabled, but will never appear on carousel
- Attack damage per star level: 40/70/100 ⇒ 40/60/80
Luminous Deathblade (Radiant Item)
- Attack damage per star level: 60/100/140 ⇒ 60/90/120
Sunlight Cape (Radiant Item)
- Health: 800 ⇒ 600
- A UI Icon has been added to the round tracker that will inform players of when Runes of Allegiance will appear
- Start of round gold and an automatic shop refresh is no longer triggered at Stage 5-1 (after Treasure Dragon)
- Removed the three second transition between Stages 4-7 and 5-1
- Treasure Dragon content is no longer automatically selected two seconds before the end of the round
- Sy’fen has had his tooltip updated fixing issues with phrasing around his scaling and pronouns
- Brain drain: Ao Shin’s tooltip has been updated to reflect that he “reduces” the enemy’s current Mana rather than “draining” it (he does not gain Mana from this effect)
- It’s invisible: Aatrox’s weapon no longer disappears when he casts his spell.
- Eye of the Storm no longer grants post-lightning bonus AP even after Tempest is deactivated
- Idas pays with gold and credit: Idas now gets credit for her shields in the Shields & Healing chart
- Astral units should now continue to appear in the Astral shop so long as you still have Astral units that are not 3* (not including Aurelion Sol)
- The Astral shop counter now persists through Trait deactivation
- Astral script adjustments to better handle how to determine Orb values based on 3* Astrals in play (this is to prevent bugs that could occur if a player had a Heart or Soul Astral augment).
- 6 and 9 Astral should now use the correct icon colors
- Zeke’s Harmony (Radiant Zeke’s Herald) now has the intended 10% omnivamp rather than 0.1%
- MAKE UP YOUR MIND: Fixed Neeko’s tether consistency. Neeko will always transform to her tethered target rather than sometimes picking another nearby target
- Rephrased Mirage’s Electric Overload tooltip to clarify that it deals a % of the Mirage unit’s maximum health, not the enemy’s
- Magor change: Mages can no longer gain mana during their bonus cast, and instead are mana-locked with their standard cast time
- Updated Nami and Qiyana’s hitboxes to be more accurate for selecting and giving items
- Nunu & Willump can no longer Consume and kill units that have pending damage immunity effects like Zhonya’s or Diamond Hands. He will still try to Consume them, but will now spit them back out because they are not dead—they were just sleepin’.
- Fixed an issue allowing Big Friend II from appearing more frequently on 2-1 than intended
- Where you at: Ancient Archives I and Cursed Crown icons will now appear
- Fixed a bug where Qiyana would sometimes cast twice
- Fixed a bug where Corki would sometimes still be locked out of attacking after firing The Big One. Err, we’re pretty sure we fixed this one, but will be watching it closely.
- Fixed a bug where Neeko would add her copied allies Ability Power to her own rather than just copying their Ability Power
- Fixed an issue preventing Sylas and Sejuani from casting when equipped with Rapidfire Cannon
- Lose yourself and: Ryze will now reliably change targets when his primary target dies or goes untargetable through effects like Edge of Night’s stealth and Zhonya’s Paradox’s stasis
- Healing with feeling: Nami now correctly targets the lowest percent Health ally with her heal rather than the lowest absolute Health ally
- Hecarim now turns to face his combat target before casting. This prevents situations where Hecarim starts the fight with full Rage and casts in an odd direction
- Braum’s ripped: Braum’s base critical strike damage is now 130% instead of 150%
- Fixed an issue allowing Neeko to double-benefit from Infinity Edge in certain scenarios
- Ancient Archives loot orb color is now Gold instead of Blue
- Band of Thieves I loot orb color is now Blue instead of Gold
- Salvage Bin loot orb color is now Blue instead of Gold
- Banshee’s Claw Bugs
- Volibear – Ability damage is now correctly blocked by Banshee’s Claw
- Sy’fen – Banshee’s Claw now properly blocks his knock up
- Gnar – Ability stun is now correctly blocked by Banshee’s Claw
- Swain – Fireballs are now correctly blocked by Banshee’s Claw
- Illaoi – No longer gains stolen resistances if her Ability is blocked by Banshee’s Claw
- Bard – No longer creates a doot if his Ability does not affect anyone due to Banshee’s Claw
- Nomsy – Ability is now correctly blocked by Banshee’s Claw
- Nunu – Ability now still gains damage amp when appropriate through Banshee’s Claw
- Senna – Magic and physical damage from Ability correctly both correctly stack towards Banshee’s damage cap
- Lillia – Bonus damage from center area and AOE damage correctly stack towards Banshee’s Claw damage cap
- Double Up: Eternal Protection Augment can no longer sacrifice your partner’s statues to save your units.
- Double Up: If you and your partner both have the Penitience Augment you can both trigger the disarm separately if an opponent triggers it for each of you instead of having it only occur once.
- Double Up: Frozen Heart’s attack speed slow aura will no longer sometimes apply to friendly champions after reinforcing.
- Hyper Roll: Bard’s tooltip now correctly mentions that Doots count double in Hyper Roll.
- Mobile Tutorial: Fixed some UI issues.