With Set 5.5 out the door, TFT patch 11.16 is Riot’s first real chance to balance the new units and traits. However, they’re starting with some old ones in an attempt to bring Legionnaires and Nocturne-Blender some love.
With that being said, Riot will be looking to trim some of the power picks in TFT patch 11.16. The early focus on the update is on older traits, but that’ll change as patch day nears.
What’s coming in TFT patch 11.16?
Draconic and Abomination get hotfix nerfs
Before we dive into the new content, we just need to quickly note the mid-11.15 hotfix to Draconic and Abomination. Released on July 22, the two overpowered traits were hit with quick nerfs out of the gate.
We won’t include them in the patch notes below, but the Monstrosity had their spell duration and attack speed nerfed significantly, while Draconic eggs — both regular and golden — had their average value cut by around 0.25 gold.
- Read More: TFT Reckoning II pass details
The Abom-Zyra comp that was so viable throughout Set 5 and the start of 5.5 is still decent, but it might just be harder to hit (and a little less reliant on Sion).
More nerfs to Abomination are penned in for 11.16, so its power level will be continuing to drop.
— Riot Mort (@Mortdog) July 22, 2021
Legionnaire gets a rework after Mordekaiser removal hits hard
Legionnaire has struggled as a trait all set. Individual units like Mordekaiser, Draven, and Yasuo could carry, but the vertical as a whole struggled unlike Duelists in previous sets.
The rework, however, could change that. The vertical now gives Legionnaire units inbuilt healing, starting at 15% and scaling to 35%.
This is on top of the attack speed, which is remaining relatively unchanged. It’ll provide real incentive to push past 2 Legionnaires and look for 4, 6, or even 8 Legionnaire compositions if you have enough spatulas.
To compensate for the big buffs though, some of the more meta Legionnaires like Riven and Yasuo are getting nerfed.
Nocturne ability change is a big buff to Blender
Nocturne has been a very item-reliant carry in Set 5. If you hit the holy trinity, he’s almost unbeatable. However, his base power isn’t that high, especially for a three-cost carry.
Riot is changing that by shaving the amount of percentage attack damage on his ability but adding a flat value on top. The flat 70/85/110 damage will ensure Nocturne doesn’t need a Deathblade to ramp up across combat, and could even reduce his reliance on the Infinity Edge / Last Whisper / Runaan’s Hurricane combo.
While it’ll still be best in slot, the changes mean you won’t be hurt trying to flex different items into your Blender comp.
TFT patch 11.16 B-side update: Hellions nerfed
In addition to everything included in patch 11.16, Mortdog reviewed the data and confirmed there will be an 11.16 B-side update.
The two dominant forces of the Tristana-reroll comp — the namesake two-cost and Lulu, her trusty support — have been nerfed.
Tristana’s base stats have been hit, while Riot focused on Lulu’s Whimsy spell. The B-patch is now live as of August 18, and there’s more nerfs expected in patch 11.17.
TFT patch 11.16b notes
- Max Mana nerf: 40/100 ⇒ 60/120
- Whimsy enchanted targets: 3/4/6 ⇒ 3/4/5
- Whimsy enchanted enemy Polymorph duration: 1.5/2/2.5 ⇒ 1.5/1.5/1.5 sec
- Attack Damage: 65 ⇒ 60
- Attack Speed: 0.8 ⇒ 0.75
- Starting Mana nerf: 75/125 ⇒ 50/125
I'm busy today so I'm making the post now. Here are the B-Patch notes you can expect, trying to bring down specifically the Trist backline comp. We're continuing our strategy of going light to not over correct the meta. It may still be good.
Expect this to go live in ~4 hours. pic.twitter.com/tbeeltmzJ4
— Riot Mort (@Mortdog) August 18, 2021
You can find the full TFT patch 11.16 notes below.
TFT patch 11.16 notes
- starting Mana buff: 0/80 ⇒ 40/80
- Berserker Rage heal on basic attack: 25/35/75 ⇒ 20/30/70
- Attack Damage: 30 ⇒ 35
- Defiant Dance base damage reduction: 40/50/60% ⇒ 30/40/50%
- Attack Damage: 65 ⇒ 60
- Fury of the North bonus Armor and Magic Resist: 80/125/250 ⇒ 60/100/200
- Armor and Magic Resist: 35 ⇒ 40
- Death Sentence Damage: 200/400/1000 ⇒ 175/350/800
- Tristana Rocket Jump Attack Speed: 120/140/160% ⇒ 120/130/140%
- Attack Damage: 60 ⇒ 65
- Cripple Damage: 250/350/700 ⇒ 250/350/650
- Mana nerf: 30/70 ⇒ 30/80
- Whimsy ally Attack Speed Buff duration: 4 sec ⇒ 5 sec
- New: Nocturne’s spin ability now deals bonus physical damage
- Umbra Blades Bonus Damage: 0 ⇒ 70/85/110 (scales with Ability Power)
- Umbra Blades Attack Damage Ratio: 125% ⇒ 70%
- Umbra Blades Heal: 90/95/100% ⇒ 100% (no longer scales with Ability Power)
- Umbra Blades Attack Speed Buff: 30/35/40% ⇒ 35%
- Blade of the Dawn Bonus Attack Damage: 90%/100%/130% ⇒ 90%/100%/120%
- Attack Damage: 85 ⇒ 80
- Burning Blade Damage: 250/350/650 ⇒ 250/350/600
- Burning Blade stacking True Damage On Hit: 25/35/65 ⇒ 25/35/60
- Attack Speed: 1.0 ⇒ 0.95
- Shield of Durand Healing: 50% ⇒ 60%
- Shield of Durand Duration: 2 ⇒ 2.5 seconds
- Shield of Durand Damage: 200/300/2000 ⇒ 200/300/1200
- Soulflare Damage: 210/260/700 ⇒ 225/280/750
- Every other shot from The Culling now counts as an attack (which means it works with items like Runaan’s Hurricane, Statikk Shiv, Guinsoo’s Rageblade, Titan’s Resolve, etc.)
- Health: 800 ⇒ 700
- Health decreased from 1000 to 950
- Heroic Swing Attack Speed: 60/80/400% ⇒ 70/85/400%
- God-Lion’s Justice percent Health Damage: 25/30/200% ⇒ 25/35/200%
- Max Mana buff: 100/180 ⇒ 100/170
- Skip ‘n Slash Armor and Magic Resist Steal: 1/1/11 ⇒ 2/2/11
- Baby Dragon fireball Damage: 450/600/3333 ⇒ 400/600/3333
- Doombringer Stun Duration: 2.5/3.5/10 ⇒ 2/3.5/10
- Monstrosity Stage Scaling: 20% ⇒ 16%
- Health: 1000/1400/1800 ⇒ 900/1400/1900
- Health Per Star Level: 100/140/180 ⇒ 90/140/190
- Cannon shot Attack Damage percent Scaling: 250/450/1200 ⇒ 225/450/1200%
- Attack Speed: 5/30/75/150% ⇒ 10/30/70/130%
- Trait changed: Legionnaires have bonus Attack Speed and heal for a portion of the damage they deal with attacks and Abilities.
- Attack Speed: 25/65/120/250% (Unchanged)
- Legionnaire Omnivamp: 15/20/25/35%
- Shield max Health scaling: 30/60/100/250 ⇒ 30/60/90/200%
- Bonus damage: 20/30/40/80 ⇒ 20/30/40/70%
- Attack Speed: 75/180% ⇒ 80/180%
- Bonus Attack Speed: 30/120/1000% ⇒ 25/120/1000
- Attack Damage per Second: 3/5/15 ⇒ 3/6/15
- Crowd Control Immunity Duration: 12 ⇒ 15 seconds
- Ability Power: 70% ⇒ 75%
- Missing Health Heal: 20% ⇒ 18%
- Burn Damage: 25% max Health ⇒ 20% max Health
- Burn Duration: 10 ⇒ 8 seconds
Blue Buff (Blue Blessing)
- Bonus Ability Power: 30% ⇒ 40%
Gargoyle Stoneplate (Dvarapala Stoneplate)
- Armor and Magic Resist per enemy: 35 ⇒ 40
Giant Slayer (Demonslayer)
- Base Damage Amp: 35% ⇒ 40%
Guinsoo’s Rageblade (Guinsoo’s Reckoning)
- New – Radiant Bonus: +30% Attack Speed
Ionic Spark (Covalent Spark)
- Bonus Health Regen: 2% ⇒ 1% max Health
Jeweled Gauntlet (Glamorous Gauntlet)
- Critical Strike Damage: 80% ⇒ 90%
Locket of the Iron Solari (Locket of Targon Prime)
- Shield Value: 500/600/700 ⇒ 600/700/800
Rabadon’s Deathcap (Rabadon’s Ascended Deathcap)
- Ability Power: 110% ⇒ 120%
Redemption (Radiant Redemption)
- Missing Health Heal: 35% ⇒ 25%
Statikk Shiv (Statikk Favor)
- Magic Damage: 100 ⇒ 115
Sunfire Cape (Sunlight Cape)
- Bonus Health Regen: 1% ⇒ 0.5% max Health
- T-Rex’s envy: Nunu will now cast at his increased attack range when he has Radiant Rapid Firecannon equipped
- Double Rainbow meet Double Tornado: Zephyr and Radiant Zephyr can no longer hit the same target
- Ignore the trolls: Lucian’s channel is no longer interrupted by Taunts
- Winded yet? Radiant Zephyr’s Attack Speed buff will now be properly removed at the end of each combat
- Tooltip mist: Senna’s Last Embrace now has the stun duration in the tooltip