The TFT 11.17 patch notes are here. For the Hellion, Riven, and Yasuo abusers, you might want to look away, as Riot has those three power picks firmly in their sights. However, it’s not all bad news as the devs slowly bring Karma and Gwen back into the meta.
Much like the end of Set 5, Riven and Yasuo have had a hold of the TFT Dawn of Heroes meta. The Legionnaire rework only helped solidify that, but Riot are finally reining them in for the 11.17 TFT patch .
The same goes for Hellion and Sentinel comps, who received nerfs across both the 11.16 b-side update and the 11.17 patch.
Oh, and if you’re a reroll player, there’s bad news there too — two of the popular reroll targets have been nerfed after the 11.17 patch went live.
What’s coming in TFT patch 11.17?
TFT patch 11.17b targets Aatrox, Vayne reroll
While not the strongest of reroll carries like Kalista, Redeemed unit Aatrox and Forgotten Ranger Vayne have been nerfed after their 11.17 buffs.
Vayne, who received a base AD buff, is now having her Silver Bolts ability true damage nerfed at two and three star. Aatrox, who didn’t receive any changes, is being nerfed due to his power in the strong Kalista reroll comp.
Nocturne has also been hit in the b-patch, which went live on August 31. You can find the full notes below:
TFT patch 11.17b notes
- Aatrox max Mana nerf: 0/70 ⇒ 30/100
- Aatrox Deathbringer Strike Healing: 200/300/450 ⇒ 200/300/400
- Vayne Silver Bolts True Damage: 70/100/140 ⇒ 70/95/120
- Nocturne Attack Damage: 80 ⇒ 75
Mid-week update is now live with nerfs to these balance outliers: Aatrox, Nocturne, & Vayne. We've shipped these a day earlier than our usual Mid-week balance updates to allow for more time prior to Regional competitions this weekend.
— Teamfight Tactics (@TFT) August 31, 2021
Legionnaires buffed as patch 11.16 rework doesn’t quite hit
The Legionnaire rework has certainly brought more of the carries to the fold. Champions like Riven, Yasuo, and even Kayle have found a more solid place in the meta with more reliable omnivamp healing.
Despite this, the trait as a whole is getting buffed, with more attack speed at four and six units. This should help the likes of Aatrox and Kayle stick on even harder in the meta.
To compensate though, individual units are being nerfed within the trait. Riven and Yasuo — the stars of both Dawnbringer and Nightbringer comps — are being hit the hardest. Some of their supportive champions like Lee Sin are also being targeted.
Hellions also in Riot’s sights as Tristana dominates
Hellion reroll with Tristana carry has proved to be one of the strongest comps in TFT Set 5.5, and despite a few nerfs already, it’s still good.
Riot are hitting it again — not just in patch 11.17, but in TFT patch 11.16b.
There are nerfs for Kennen and Teemo lined up for the next update after Tristana and Lulu were hit heavily in the b-patch.
It’s not all bad news though as Ziggs is getting buffed at three-star (only slightly though). However, for all those “Rats” (Tristana reroll mains), it’s time to find a new comp.
I'm busy today so I'm making the post now. Here are the B-Patch notes you can expect, trying to bring down specifically the Trist backline comp. We're continuing our strategy of going light to not over correct the meta. It may still be good.
Expect this to go live in ~4 hours. pic.twitter.com/tbeeltmzJ4
— Riot Mort (@Mortdog) August 18, 2021
Abomination nerf to weaken powerful late-game comp
Last but not least, Abomination is going to be slightly nerfed in an effort to stop the late-game power of the deadly Heimerdinger-Abomination-Revenant comp. Two core components; Heimerdinger and Fiddlesticks, have been weakened.
- Read More: TFT Reckoning II pass details
The former will be getting an attack speed nerf, while the latter’s attack damage will suffer a similar fate. However, the third piece of the puzzle, Ivern remains intact. So, the comp will still be viable, it’s just a little more item dependent.
There are plenty more changes coming in the patch too, including buffs to Gwen, Karma, and more.
Read the full TFT patch 11.17 notes below, courtesy of Riot.
TFT patch 11.17 notes
- Attack Damage: 35 ⇒ 40
- Arcane Bomb Damage: 250/375/525 ⇒ 250/375/550
- Attack Speed: 0.7 ⇒ 0.65
- Attack Speed: 0.6 ⇒ 0.65
- Health: 750 ⇒ 800
- Attack Speed: 0.6 ⇒ 0.65
- Health: 550 ⇒ 600
- Health: 850 ⇒ 800
- Cripple Damage: 250/350/650 ⇒ 200/350/600
- Attack Speed: 0.6 ⇒ 0.65
- Make It Rain Damage: 250/375/700 ⇒ 250/375/600
- Aspect of the Cougar transformation Dodge Chance: 45% ⇒ 40%
- Aspect of the Cougar transformation bonus Attack Speed: 40/50/75 ⇒ 30/50/70%
- Umbra Blades Base Damage: 70/85/110 ⇒ 80/90/100
- Gleaming Quill Damage: 350/500/900 ⇒ 350/500/800
- Gleaming Quill missing Health healing: 35/50/80% ⇒ 35/50/70%
- Health: 850 ⇒ 800
- Attack Damage: 80 ⇒ 75
- Blade of the Dawn bonus Attack Damage: 90/100/120% ⇒ 90/100/110%
- Blade of the Dawn Damage: 100/200/500 ⇒ 100/200/300
- Attack Speed: 0.95 ⇒ 0.9
- Burning Blade Damage: 250/350/600 ⇒ 250/350/550
- Burning Blade stacking True Damage: 25/35/60 ⇒ 25/35/55
- Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.8
- Crowstorm Damage per second: 175/225/600 ⇒ 150/200/600
- Soulflare Damage: 225/280/750 ⇒ 230/290/750
- Max Mana nerf: 0/80 ⇒ 0/90
- Attack Speed: 1.1 ⇒ 1.0
- Mana adjustment: 100/170 ⇒ 80/160
- Victorious Trait missing health damage: 40% ⇒ 50%
- Skip ‘n Slash Damage: 100/150/1777 ⇒ 125/200/2222
- Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.7
- Max Mana nerf: 0/140 ⇒ 0/160
- Health: 650 ⇒ 800
- Attack Speed: 1.1 ⇒ 1.15
- Cruelty spell Damage: 130/160/666 ⇒ 120/160/666
- Cruel Trait now activates more quickly and reliably
- Cruel Trait can now occur more than once per combat, allowing Teemo to eat both the final enemy Champion and the Doppelhellion/Voidspawn that it spawns
- Sovereign’s Domination Damage increase per second: 100% ⇒ 50%
- Sovereign’s Domination Damage: 180/300/1500 ⇒ 180/360/2000
- Sovereign’s Domination stolen champion Health decay: 15/7/0% ⇒ 10/5/0%
- Health: 1100 ⇒ 1000
- Monstrosity Armor and Magic Resist: 40/50/60 ⇒ 30/45/60
- Monstrosity Base Attack Damage: 70/80/90 ⇒ 70/80/100
- Monstrosity Attack Damage Per Star Level: 7/8/9 ⇒ 7/8/10
- Attack Speed: 25/65/120/250 ⇒ 25/75/135/250
- Armor & MR: 20/35/75 ⇒ 20/35/70
- Sentinel buff now starts on the Sentinel with the most items. If multiple Sentinels have the same number of items, the Sentinel with the highest Attack Speed starts with the buff
- Attack Speed: 25/120/1000% ⇒ 25/90/500%
- Shield Value: 200/1000/2000 ⇒ 175/900/2000
- Attack Damage per second: 3/6/15 ⇒ 3/8/16
- Spellweaver stacks no longer have a cap
- Base Ability Power: 25/55/100 ⇒ 15/35/70
- Ability Power per stack: 2/5/10 ⇒ 2/4/10
- Garen’s Victorious Trait missing health damage: 40% ⇒ 50%
- Armor and Magic Resist per target: 18 ⇒ 20
- Bonus damage Health threshold: 1750 ⇒ 1600
- Damage Scaling: 10% ⇒ 20%
- High Damage Scaling: 75% ⇒ 70%
- Excess healing max Shield: 300 ⇒ 400
Dvarapala Stoneplate (Radiant Gargoyle Stoneplate)
- Radiant Bonus max Health Regen: 2% ⇒ 3%
- Spatulas no longer count as an item component toward your expected component drops. They only appear in bonus orbs.
- Daisy-ied and Confused: Ivern’s tooltip now shows Daisy’s damage and stun duration
- Eggscellent: Fixed an issue where a Draconic (3), 3 turn egg dropped 1 more gold than intended
- Charity case: Chalice of Charity spell vamp no longer has reduced effectiveness on AOE abilities
- Till death we part: Aatrox will now heal himself even if his ability’s target dies mid-animation
- Don’t let them take it from you: Units affected by both Frozen Heart of Gold and another Attack Speed slow will now properly shed the Frozen Heart of Gold debuff when leaving its radius
- Cullminated: Lucian’s ability is now properly interrupted by Lulu’s polymorph