League of Legends patch 11.17 notes: Viego nerfs, Lucian changes, Crime City skins
League of Legends patch 11.17 notes Crime City Phoenix skins.
The League of Legends patch 11.17 notes have landed — here’s all the LoL notes & changes coming on August 25, including long-awaited Viego nerfs, changes for Lucian and Amumu, updates for Fleet Footwork, new Crime City skins, and plenty more.
- Viego finally gets nerfs
- Lucian, Amumu headline 11.17 changes
- Crime City, Phoenix skins unveiled
This League of Legends update is “a bit more solo queue focused,” lead balance dev Jeevun Sidhu confirmed, with “a light set of buffs and nerfs.”
This is because the LoL pro scene will be on a short hiatus for 11.17, with some teams beginning their offseason, and others bracing for a Worlds run. This gives Riot the liberty to balance solely for ranked queues, and that’s put Viego, Lucian, Amumu, and plenty more in their sights for the August update.
The delayed Fleet Footwork buffs will also drop this patch.
And, finally, two skin lines will be getting cosmetic releases; three champions are getting “Phoenix” branded skins, while five are in line for Crime City upgrades.
Here’s all the details on League of Legends patch 11.17.
What’s coming in League of Legends patch 11.17?
Viego to finally cop nerfs
Since his debut back in 11.2, the Ruined King has divided LoL players right down the middle. He’s an incredibly popular character (Viego still boasts a 13.63% play rate months after his release), but the king’s power across ranked and pro play — where he has a monster 77.5% presence — has annoyed many too.
Now, fifteen patches later, Riot is finally nerfing him.
These long-awaited changes are set to ship in League of Legends patch 11.17, and will include major nerfs for his healing passive, Q, E, ultimate, and more.
Riot are planning some huge Viego nerfs for 11.17, including tweaks for his healing passive, auto-attacks, Q, E, and “Heartbreaker” ultimate.
The main aim, #LeagueOfLegends devs have said, is to “drain power” from the Ruined King's resets.
(via @RiotAugust) pic.twitter.com/rrCsmw7QEd
— League of Legends News (@lol_insider) August 17, 2021
Lucian headed back to LoL bot lane
Riot revealed planned Lucian tweaks on August 10. They include a new passive — “Vigilance” — which gives the marksman bigger ally buffs, cheaper mana costs for his W ability, and changes to his Culling ultimate via damage.
The ADC’s stats have also been shifted slightly.
Dexerto can confirm Lucian’s two iconic abilities, “Piercing Light” (Q) and “Relentless Pursuit” (E), won’t be in the League of Legends patch 11.17 changes.
Lucian's time in mid lane is up.
At least, that's what Riot wants next #LeagueOfLegends patch — the Purifier is having his passive, ‘W’ ability, and ultimate changed in 11.17 in a bid to “shift power from mid Lucian to bot.”
(via @JeevunSidhu) pic.twitter.com/Vveg069KdV
— League of Legends News (@lol_insider) August 14, 2021
Amumu gets more Q charges
Amumu as a jungler in League of Legends Season 11 has certainly seen brighter days. Right now, his power is quite underwhelming at higher levels of play. His win rate above Platinum rank is the lowest out of all junglers, at 43.61%.
Luckily for Amumu mains, changes are coming; the devs want to give him a “well-deserved” power boost, making the sad mummy just a little bit happier.
Balance dev Jeevun Sidhu has confirmed that Amumu’s iconic Q ability, Bandage Toss, will now have two charges once League of Legends patch 11.17 arrives.
Amumu is getting some big changes in #LeagueOfLegends patch 11.17.
The main one? The Sad Mummy can now store two charges of his Q to help him lock enemies down. pic.twitter.com/kmGIfWryrT
— League of Legends News (@lol_insider) August 15, 2021
Akshan’s controversial revive finally nerfed
Akshan might not be overpowered per se, but his revive mechanic struck a nerve with League players. Riot are toning back some of its power with a nerf to stop the Rogue Sentinel from reviving allies from the grave.
To compensate though, he’s getting some buffs to both his Heroic Swing and ultimate, Comeuppance. The changes should enable him to scale better into the late game with lower cooldowns (on interrupt) and better damage.
After buffs brought him up to 50% win rate, Akshan is being adjusted in #LeagueOfLegends patch 11.17.
The biggest change is he can no longer revive allies if he dies before killing a Scoundrel. pic.twitter.com/k5YQSOelQp
— League of Legends News (@lol_insider) August 19, 2021
Crime City, Phoenix skins revealed
Riot Games are shipping several League of Legends skin lines in the next update, including five “Crime City” cosmetics, and three “Phoenix” skins.
The Crime City skins adds to an ever-growing collection Mafia-themed cosmetics in the game, while the Phoenix skins are new. These are branded Divine, Graceful, and Brave, and seem to be the start of a new alternate-universe set for Runeterra.
Here’s all the new LoL skins:
- Crime City Nightmare
- Akali — 1350 RP
- Darius — 1350 RP
- Shaco — 1350 RP
- Twisted Fate — 1350 RP
- Zyra — 1350 RP
- Divine Phoenix Anivia — 1350 RP
- Graceful Phoenix Seraphine — 1350 RP
- Brave Phoenix Xayah — 1350 RP
Each new Crime City Nightmare skin will come with nine chromas. Dexerto can reveal the “Phoenix” skins will also include chromas, though only eight per champ.
League patch 11.17 will drop on Wednesday, August 25. Take a look at the official League notes for 11.7 below, courtesy of Riot.
League of Legends patch 11.17 notes
W – Going Rogue
- Counterplay: Akshan can no longerclaim Scoundrels when he’s dead
E – Heroic Swing
- Damage per shot: (30/55/80/105/130 + 10% Bonus Attack Damage) x (1 + 30% Bonus Attack Speed) ⇒ (30/50/70/90/110 + 17.5% Bonus Attack Damage) x (1 + 30% Bonus Attack Speed)
R – Comeuppance
- Cooldown upon cancellation: 15 seconds ⇒ 5 seconds
- Passive – Dirty Fighting’s second attack will more consistently complete on targets when the first attack was executed at max range
- Passive – Dirty Fighting Now correctly predicts whether the first attack will kill the target, including through shields and with Akshan’s on-hit effects
- A placeholder icon no longer appears under Akshan after gaining a shield from Passive – Dirty Fighting
- E – Heroic Swing will no longer end early on turrets
- E – Heroic Swing’s cooldown no longer gets reset when it kills a Scarecrow Effigy from Fiddlesticks’ Passive – A Harmless Scarecrow or a clone from Shaco’s R – Hallucinate
- E – Heroic Swing no longer gets extra range if he casts spells on enemies or places wards outside of its maximum distance
- R – Comeuppance now consistently executes minions regardless of armor bonuses (like Hullbreaker or Baron Nashor)
- Fixed a bug where a single bullet from Akshan’s R – Comeuppance dealt unusually lethal damage to Yorick’s R – Eulogy of the Isles’s Maiden
- Health Growth: 80 ⇒ 75
- Armor Growth: 3.8 ⇒ 3.5
Q – Bandage Toss
New – Let’s Play Again Sometime: Amumu now has 2 charges of Q
Damage: 80/130/180/230/280 (+70% Ability Power) ⇒ 70/100/130/160/190 (+85% Ability Power)
Charge Cooldown: 16/15.5/15/14.5/14 seconds
Cooldown Between Castsa: 3 seconds (not reduced by Ability Haste)
Removed- Original Cooldown: 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds
W – Despair
Base Damage per second: 8/12/16/20/24 ⇒ 12/16/20/24/28
Max Health Damage per second: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2% (+0.5% per 100 AP) of target’s maximum health ⇒ 1/1.15/1.3/1.45/1.6% (+0.5% per 100 AP) of target’s maximum health
R – Curse of the Sad Mummy
- Stun duration: 1.5/1.75/2 seconds ⇒ 1.5 seconds
Passive – Z-Drive Resonance
- Increased Damage vs Monsters: 150% ⇒ 200%
R – Last Caress
- Cooldown: 140/110/80 seconds ⇒ 120/100/80 seconds
Passive – Trail by Fire
- Move Speed: 30% ⇒ 15-30% by level
Q – Parrrley
- Updated – Pistols Go Pew: Counts as a ranged basic attack
E – Powder Keg
New – Barrels Go Boom: Benefits from critical strike damage at 125% effectiveness
Max Barrels: 3 at all ranks ⇒ 3/3/4/4/5
Recharge Time: 18/16/14/12/10 seconds ⇒ 18/17/14/15/14 seconds
Q – End of the Line
- Mana Cost: 60 ⇒ 80
Q – Bladesurge
- Heal: 12/14/16/18/20% Attack Damage ⇒ 8/10/12/14/16% Attack Damage
Passive – The Darkin Scythe
- Shadow Assassin Bonus Damage: 12-44% magic damage ⇒ 8-30% magic damage
W – Eclipse
- Bonus Armor and Magic Resist: 20/25/30/35/40 ⇒ 15/20/25/30/35
- Base Attack Damage: 53 ⇒ 55
Q – Ice Shard
- Mana Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 ⇒ 55/60/65/70/75
- Base Attack Damage: 64 ⇒ 62
Passive – Lightslinger
- New – Vigilance: Ally buffs empower Lucian’s next 2 basic attacks to deal an additional 14 (+10% Attack Damage) magic damage. Lucian can store up to 4 Vigilance basic attacks at a time.
W – Ardent Blaze
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Mana Cost: 70 ⇒ 60
- New – Thanks, Friend: Triggers Vigilance when an allied champion damages a marked target
R – The Culling
- Number of Shots: 22/28/34 ⇒ 22 (+25% Critical Strike Chance)
- Damage per shot: 20/40/60 (+25% Attack Damage)(+10% Ability Power) ⇒ 15/30/45 (+25% Attack Damage)(+15% Ability Power)
- Base health: 475 ⇒ 490
W – Ebb and Flow
- Mana cost: 70/85/100/115/130 ⇒ 70/80/90/100/110
Passive – Absolution
Critical Strike Damage: 150% ⇒ 160%
Soul Drop Rate: 4.166% ⇒ 10% for minions and small monsters Senna kills (other drop rates unchanged)
E – Toxic Shot
- Magic Damage On-Hit: 11/22/33/44/55 (+30% Ability Power) ⇒ 14/25/36/47/58 (+30% Ability Power)
- Attack Range: 225 ⇒ 200
Passive – Sovereign’s Domination
- Healing Upon Possession: 8% (+2.5% Bonus Attack Damage)(+1.5% Ability Power)(+2.5% Attack Speed) ⇒ 3% (+3% Bonus Attack Damage)(+2% Ability Power)(+5% Attack Speed)
Q – Blade of the Ruined King
- Damage Multiplier from Crit Chance: 0-75% (at 0-100% crit chance) ⇒ 0-100% (at 0-100% crit chance)
E – Harrowed Path
- Camouflage Detection Radius: 400 ⇒ 450
R – Heartbreaker
- Slow Duration: 0.5 seconds ⇒ 0.25 seconds
Viego Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug where, when Viego possesses Zoe using Passive – Sovereign Domination, recasting Q – Paddle Star would launch a second star that disappears
- Fixed a bug where Viego’s basic ability cooldowns would get permanently reduced after gaining Accelerando stacks while possessing Sona with Passive – Sovereign’s Domination
- Fixed a bug where, when Viego has Kled’s W – Violent Tendencies buff active as his possession ends, Viego’s W – Spectral Maw will be on cooldown
- Fixed a bug where, when Viego casts Kindred’s W – Wolf’s Frenzy just as his possession ends, he would no longer be able to cast W – Spectral Maw
Q – Double Daggers
- Cast Time: 0.25s ⇒ 0.25-0.1s (at 0-215% bonus attack speed)
R – Featherstorm
- Base Damage: 125/250/375 ⇒ 200/300/400
Q – Razor Shuriken
- Ratio: 100% Bonus Attack Damage ⇒ 110% Bonus Attack Damage
E – Shadow Slash
- Ratio: 80% Bonus Attack Damage ⇒ 65% Bonus Attack Damage
R – Death Mark
- Cooldown: 120/90/60 seconds ⇒ 120/100/80 seconds
- Attack Damage: 40 ⇒ 35
- Health: 300 ⇒ 400
- Lethality: 18 ⇒ 12
- On-hit Magic Damage: 15-80 (linear scaling levels 1-18) ⇒ 15 at levels 1-8, 25-80 at levels 9-18
- Total Cost: 3000 gold ⇒ 2900 gold
- Build Path: Serrated Dirk + Pickaxe + 1025 gold ⇒ Caulfield’s Warhammer + Serrated Dirk + 700 gold
- Attack Damage: 60 ⇒ 55
- New – Ability Haste: 15
- Healing: 3-60 (based on level) (+30% bonus AD) (+20% AP) ⇒ 10-100 (based on level) (+40% bonus AD) (+30% AP)
- Healing vs Minions: 100% (melee)/20% (ranged) ⇒ 20% (melee)/10% (ranged)
- League Client: Fixed a bug that caused excessive slowness during the end of the game
- Fixed a bug where Tahm Kench’s ultimate availability HUD indicator was not graying out after his ult was used
- Fixed a bug where Sylas’s R – Hijack cooldown would sometimes not revert correctly if he died while casting a hijacked ultimate
- Fixed several visual bugs that occured when Sylas hijacked Gun Goddess Miss Fortune’s R – Bullet Time
- Shaco’s clone now correctly gains 10 gold from killing a ward, not 20
- Fixed a bug where Kassadin would sometimes be unable to cast his E – Force Pulse
- When Mordekaiser uses R – Realm of Death on Graves, Graves’ W – Smoke Screen will now properly remain in the realm that it was cast in
- Fixed a bug where charms would briefly lose functionality when hitting enemy champs who were spamming move commands with certain abilities that allow movement while casting
- Fixed a bug where Kalista was still able to basic attack and lunge with Passive – Martial Poiseif she was charmed at the beginning of a basic attack wind-up
- Fixed a bug where, when an enemy immobilized Dr. Mundo while standing on top of him, his Passive – Goes Where He Please canister would get destroyed before it hit the ground
- Fixed a bug where Wukong was able to entirely cancel the animation for Q – Crushing Blow by entering a stop command
- Fixed a bug where Lillia’s W – Watch out! Eep!’s extended tooltip was missing the information that it deals 50% damage to minions
- Fixed a bug where Caitlyn’s R – Ace in the Hole’s extended tooltip and level-up tooltip did not contain its damage ratio
- Fixed a bug where the Cloth Armor and Refillable Potion starting bundle would display “+1 More” text even though it does not grant a third item
- Fixed a bug where Nunu would get yeeted off the screen when hit by Rek’Sai’s W – Un-burrow while channeling W – Biggest Snowball Ever!
- Fixed a bug where Nunu’s E – Snowball Barrage was missing its tooltip when hovering during mid-cast
- Fixed another bug where Nunu’s E – Snowball Barrage tooltip was incorrectly displaying damage as “total damage” when it is actually “per snowball”
- Fixed a bug where Ravenous Hunter was healing against wards. Its tooltip now also correctly displays the total amount of healing done
- Fixed a bug where Eternal Winter (Everfrost’s Ornn upgrade) was not displaying the actual number of champions rooted and slowed by the item’s active in the inventory tooltip
- Fixed a few bugs where Neeko’s voice lines in-game weren’t always playing correctly or even at all, especially when entering a disguise with Passive – Inherent Glamour. Neeko’s voice will also accurately play from Neeko’s location instead of the center of the screen
LoL patch 11.17 skins
Crime City skins
Crime City Nightmare Akali
A loyal enforcer for the Graves family, Akali took the same deal everyone else did when the Mysterious Gentleman came calling. The power changed her, twisted her into something that hears a siren song echoing from beyond the veil of reality. Now she acts in ruthless, horrific violence, seeking an inscrutable ‘balance’ even she cannot name.
Crime City Nightmare Darius
All Darius wanted was to secure a place for himself at the top of the underworld. Becoming Miss Fortune’s personal bodyguard was the first step, but the second was embracing the power of the Mysterious Gentleman: welcoming forces from beyond space and time that have molded him into something far more powerful.
Crime City Nightmare Shaco
Once a mere courier for the Twitch syndicate, Shaco is now barely human. The eldritch corruption has stripped him of reason and identity, turning him into a chittering horde of knife-wielding monsters that haunt the boroughs of Valoran City. None of them are sure which is the ‘real’ Shaco anymore. None of them care.
Crime City Nightmare Twisted Fate
No one knows if the Mysterious Gentleman is human or something Else, but he has somehow injected himself into every crime family in Valoran City. With honeyed words and a conman’s grin, he convinced them all to embrace the horrors of the Beyond… Now the only thing to do is sit back and watch them tear each other apart.
Crime City Nightmare Zyra
Zyra was once a longtime associate of Graves and a skilled con artist, but grew dissatisfied with the monotony of a low-end criminal lifestyle. Seeing a way out, Zyra merged with the 4th-dimensional horrors from Beyond. She now follows the edicts of an alien power, ripping veins of sentient sludge from the earth and rending her enemies asunder.
Divine Phoenix Anivia
The legendary fenghuang watches over the world, awaiting the rise of selfless champions. Anivia grants power to those who fight for others with bravery and kindness in their hearts.
Graceful Phoenix Seraphine
A champion of the common folk, Seraphine’s music united her community in defense against a mysterious force that sought to wipe them out. The fenghuang heard Seraphine’s graceful song, and blessed her with the power to fight the darkness back.
Brave Pheonix Xayah
Xayah is a defender of ancient magic, protecting relics and places of great power from those who would use them for evil. Honoring her service, the fenghuang bestowed upon her a single feather, granting Xayah impossible power.