Downloading digital games is becoming more popular and this statement is particularly true for both the Xbox Series X and S consoles. Here’s how you can redeem game codes on both of Microsoft’s latest consoles.
While digital games have been the norm for PC users for years, it’s only relatively recently that consoles have also started to offer non-physical forms of our favorite games. In fact, the Xbox Series S lacks a disk drive and can only play digital games. Xbox Game Pass is also extremely appealing due to its ever-growing library of downloadable games, which makes it a must for any Xbox player.
While Game Pass is arguably one of the biggest selling points of Microsoft’s latest consoles, there may be times where you wish to purchase a digital title. Fortunately, our handy guide will show you how you can redeem codes on the Xbox Series X and S.
How to redeem Xbox Series X/S codes
Fortunately, redeeming game codes on the Xbox Series X and S is incredibly simple. Make sure you boot up your console and follow the steps outlined below:
- Sign into the Xbox account you wish to redeem the game code on.
- From the Home screen on your console, select the Microsoft Store app.
- Scroll down to the Redeem Code section on the left-hand side of the screen (under your account name).
- Use the on-screen keyboard to enter your 25-character code that is featured on your code or gift card screen.
The process is a little different if you’re redeeming an Xbox Series X/S code via your browser, so follow the below instructions:
- Head over to redeem.microsoft.com.
- Sign into the Microsoft Account you wish to redeem the code on.
- Enter your 25-character code to claim your game.
- Boot up your console to begin the download.
Redeeming games on Xbox Series X and S is as simple as that. Make sure you check out the rest of our Xbox guides right here on Dexerto, as well as our full review of Microsoft’s next-gen console.