The v6.02 update brought with it several new additions into Fortnite Battle Royale, including the new Disco Domination Limited Time Mode.
As its name suggests, the Disco Domination LTM is a Domination-type game mode that requires players to locate, capture, and dance on Dance Floors on the Fortnite map, earning points in the process.
The team features two teams of 50 players and five Dance Floors, which will appear on the map anytime the Storm is not moving.
Players will then need to get onto the Dance Floors and start doing emotes, at which point a disco ball at the center will start rising until it reaches a maximum height, signaling full capture.
Once capturing one of the floors, the team’s “dance bar” will begin filling up until an enemy player stands on the floor or the Storm begins to move to the next circle. The team which fills up their bar to 100% first wins.
Perhaps the most notable aspect of this mode is that it has respawning enabled up to a certain point, which makes it one of the very few LTMs in Fortnite that allows players to spawn back in after getting eliminated.
Here is some gameplay of the new LTM, courtesy of popular Fortnite YouTuber ‘dakotaz.’
Since its release, Fortnite have released a hotfix implementing several changes to the mode:
– Reduces the rate at which the circles close (2 Minutes per)
– Increases the score requirement to win (33% Increase)
– Changed last respawn circle from the 2nd to the 3rd
The full details on the Disco Domination LTM, as provided in the v6.02 patch notes, can be seen below:
LIMITED TIME MODE: DISCO DOMINATION
It’s time for the ultimate dance-off. Dance Floors have spawned around the Battle Royale island. Take them over by clearing out any enemies and then dancing to raise a disco ball up from the floor. The team that fills their meter the fastest by capturing and defending the dance floors will win the match!
- Two teams battle it out!
- Respawning will be turned on until the third (last) storm circle.
- Five dance floors will appear on the map whenever the storm is not moving.
- Emoting on a dance floor when no enemies are present will raise a disco ball in the center of the floor, and capture it for your team.
- The more friendly players dancing on a floor, the faster it will be captured.
- Once a floor is captured, it will begin filling the team’s “dance bar” on the HUD, until either an enemy stands on it or the current storm timer ends and the storm begins to move. The first team to fill their dance bar to 100% will win the match.
- The dance floors in the later stages of the match fill the bar more quickly, so don’t give up if your team is behind!
- It is not possible to build on or over the dance floors, but they can be protected by surrounding them with a fort.
- Glider redeploy is activated in this mode, press jump while falling to use your glider.
- This mode uses 50v50 levels of loot and resources.