Fortnite update 23.30 has arrived, bringing another Dragon Ball crossover, new Augments, and the much-desired Geralt of Rivia skin. Here are the patch notes for Fortnite v23.30.
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1 is set to end on March 10, leaving plenty of time for a handful of updates to still release ahead of Season 2.
Season 1 has brought many crossovers into the game with ones such as My Hero Academia, Doomslayer, and the most recent Kid LAROI event.
Yet, there is still room for some more as the 23.30 update will bring in another crossover event and a long-awaited skin for players to enjoy.
Fortnite update 23.30 release date & downtime details
The Fortnite v23.30 update is set to go live on Tuesday, January 31, 2023, with a Twitter post from the official Fortnite account confirming as much.
Downtime for the update is expected to begin at 1 AM PST / 3 AM EST / 9 AM GMT. Servers will go down roughly a half hour beforehand and it will be a couple of hours before everything is live.
Fortnite update 23.30 patch notes
Another Dragon Ball crossover arrives!
Following the success of the first Dragon Ball x Fortnite collaboration last year, another crossover is taking place with fan-favorite characters Son Gohan and Piccolo getting skins in the game.
Previous Dragon Ball skins – Goku, Bulma, Vegeta, and Beerus – are also expected to make a return to the Item Shop at a later date.
The Kamehameha and Nimbus Cloud return
To celebrate the arrival of Son Gohan and Piccolo in Fortnite, two Dragon Ball-themed items will be making a return to the loot pool: The Kamehameha and the Nimbus Cloud!
You can find these items by searching Capsule Corp capsules that fall from the sky. These powerful items won’t be around forever, so enjoy them while you can.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Try out some new Reality Augments
A few more Reality Augments have arrived with the 23.30 update, giving you several new perks to try out mid-battle to enhance your performance.
These are Harvester, Shadow Striker, Riftjector Seat, Icy Slide, and Deft Hands. You’ll just have to try them out for yourself to see what they do…
Geralt of Rivia is almost here…
One of the most anticipated skins coming with the new update is the monster hunter Geralt of Rivia, from The Witcher series. It’s set to become available on February 7 – which is just a few days away!
There will be a set of quests to grind through in order to unlock the new skin. These quests will also give out related items such as a new emote, his swords on his back, and a new loading screen.
New quests and challenges to complete
If you’re still working your way through your Battle Pass, you’ll be glad to know that more weekly quests are on their way to help you get that all-important XP.
Even better, these weekly challenges will no longer expire after seven days, so you don’t need to worry about missing out on completing them.
Fortnite update 23.30 bug fixes
There are quite a lot of bug fixes expected to arrive with this update, which you can see below:
- Players are unable to claim the Exile variation of the Mind’s Eye back bling
- Physics on Joni the Red’s coat are no longer functioning
- Battle Hound and Molten Battle Hound Helmet visually incorrect
- Players are getting a blue lobby background
- Bonus Rewards ‘Pre-requisite Not Met’ Issue
- Fall damage when Sliding with the Shockwave Hammer
- Unable to emote after a Victory Royale
- Red dot missing when scoping with Red-Eye Assault Rifle
- The “Shotgun Striker” Augment is temporarily disabled
- The “Aerialist” Augment has been temporarily disabled
- Wildlife takes fall damage with fall damage set to off (Creative Mode)
- Placing a prop and switching to the pickaxe at the same time places an invisible prop (Creative Mode)
- Players can build in Mutator Zone Devices with “Allow Building” set to “No” in certain instances (Creative Mode)
- Props attached to prop manipulator devices can show in game despite the device being disabled (Creative Mode)
- Props may turn green while selecting after placing them under terrain (Creative Mode)
- Sequencers do not always play correctly when set to infinitely loop (Creative Mode)
- When entering the menu, navigating the menu with a controller will send the cursor back to the top of the menu (Creative Mode)
- Terrain issues in Autumn Foothills biome (Save The World)
- Battle Pass Button confirm sound sometimes plays on any initial button press with touch
- The Falcon Scout continues going up or down without pressing anything
That’s everything you need to know about update 23.30! Visit our Fortnite home page to stay up to date with the latest news and guides.