A brand new limited time mod has been added to Fortnite with the v6.30 update, and will feature two teams and unlimited respawns, as players fight to protect their mascot.
Based on the rivalry between Durrr Burger and Pizza Pit, each team will be representing one or the other, and will need to stop the other team destroying their big mascot head.
When the match begins, there will be a large impassable barrier separating the two teams for the first five minutes, giving both sides time to prepare for the fight.
The intention is that while the barrier is up, teams will make a defensive build around the mascot head, with material resources gained at 100% extra from gathering, and increased building materials found on the ground.
- More: Fortnite update v6.30 adds all-new Mounted Turret and Food Fight LTM, changes Glider Re-deploy – November 14 patch notes
To help each team in their preparations, special red supply drops will land at the start of each match. Delivering weapons, consumables, ammo, traps and building resources.
This mode also features respawns and a respawn delay of seven seconds, and when you do respawn you will retain a portion of your ammo and 30/30/60 wood/stone/metal materials.
It is a bigger change than we have ever seen in battle royale, and in fact, this mode really has nothing to do with battle royale, but is just a straight up objective based, respawn mode.
It indicates that Epic Games may plan to expand their catalogue of limited time modes to game types that aren’t in any way considered ‘battle royale’, but still have the PvP element.
However, it remains to be seen how well this more team based mode will work out, and whether players come together to build their defenses, or just ignore the objective and go for kills.
Interestingly, there will be no explosive weapons or items in the Food Fight LTM, meaning you will only be able to destroy the other team’s defensive structure with bullets or your pickaxe.
LIMITED TIME MODE: FOOD FIGHT
The battle of Durrr Burger versus Pizza Pit has begun. Two teams on either side of the map. A huge barrier runs down the middle. Build a fort to protect your restaurant mascot. When the Barrier lowers, destroy the enemy’s mascot to win the match!
- An impassable barrier will be spawned along the center of the map for the first several minutes.
- Each team will have an under-construction restaurant near the center of the map. Inside is a giant mascot head representing that team.
- If the mascot head is destroyed, that team loses the match.
- Teams should use the time that the barrier is up to construct a defensive fortress around their restaurant.
- As soon as the barrier lowers… fight to take out the enemy mascot before they destroy yours!
- Special red Supply Drops spawn at the start of the match. These hold a handful of weapons, ammo, consumables, traps and a few hundred metal building materials.
- Players will respawn after 7 seconds when eliminated, keeping their inventory.
- Eliminated players spawn a percentage of their ammo upon elimination, as well as 30/30/60 wood/stone/metal materials.
- 100% extra resources are gained from gathering.
- Building resources found on the ground increased from 20 to 50 per instance.
- No explosive weapons or items are in this mode.