Rumors are circulating that Denial Esports are set told for a second time, while still owing money to a number of players currently contracted to the organization.
Denial Esports have a long reputation of failing to pay players and staff, eventually disbanding in late 2018 following months of accusations.
The organization returned in 2019 under new management, but according to new rumors circulating on May 31, it appears that their return to the esports scene will be short lived, and leave more professional players out of pocket at the hands of Denial.
Revealed on Twitter by Scott ‘SirScoots’ Smith, the rumor suggests that Denial is once again set to shut down operations, leaving behind a number of players who are owed money by the organization.
“Word on the street is that Denial are folding up their circus tent and leaving town again,” wrote SirScoots. “Owing current players money as they run for the hills… again.”
SirScoots also mentioned a claim that states Patrick ‘BlackBeardAP’ Smith was not in fact CEO of Denial, with the rumor stating that he was “fake.” Whether this means that he was never officially installed to the position is unknown.
According to SirScoots, Denial owes a number of current players large sums of money, and stated that Eduardo ‘Link’ Osuna and the rest of the current CS:GO team are owed $1,500 each.
The news that Denial could be shutting up shop once again comes just days after a number of former Denial players revealed that goodwill payments made by the organization back in January had been charged back.
Co-owner Zach Smith told Dexerto that this happened because the payments had been flagged by his credit card company as suspicious, and stated that he would be repaying the money.
Dexerto has approached Denial Esports for comment on this story and will update this post with any new information.