Twitch streamer Pokimane reveals why she stopped playing Fortnite - Dexerto
Entertainment

Twitch streamer Pokimane reveals why she stopped playing Fortnite

Published: 4/Apr/2019 0:59 Updated: 4/Apr/2019 1:02

by Virginia Glaze

Share


While popular Twitch streamer Imane ‘Pokimane’ Anys is known for her Fortnite broadcasts, she took a short break from the game in mid-March – and she’s finally revealed the reason behind her hiatus.

Pokimane discussed her break from the title during a vlog uploaded on April 2, where she stated that she’d needed a “mental reset” from streaming – as well as time to reflect on her content.

“I felt it was a really good time to kind of just take a break from certain things,” Pokimane said of her hiatus. “…at some point, I just felt my brain was like, ‘Boom,’ every day.”

[Timestamp: 4:00 for mobile viewers]

While she still enjoys playing Fortnite, Pokimane admitted that she doesn’t have as much fun with the game as much as her broadcasts might make it seem, regardless of the battle royale’s popularity across Twitch.

“Before… my main games were just the games that I really enjoyed,” she explained. “I do still enjoy Fortnite sometimes, but I don’t really have a feeling of wanting to play it all the time. …I’m really trying to do what I like.”

Pokimane, TwitterPokimane admitted that she didn’t feel like playing Fortnite “all the time,” and has since decided to focus on other titles she enjoys.
https://twitter.com/pokimanelol/status/1113165011323506690?s=20

Anys likewise admitted to comparing herself to other streamers, with even her mother noticing that she was tense and stressed out.

Additionally, Pokimane’s hiatus coincided with the launch of her Winky Lux makeup collaboration, which kicked off on March 16 and features an eyeshadow palette and a lipstick.

Pokimane’s hiatus also coincided with the launch of her Winky Lux makeup collaboration, which featured a collection of products including an eyeshadow palette and a lipstick.
https://twitter.com/pokimanelol/status/1106964269675929600?s=20

The streamer was also a participant in YouTuber MrBeast’s $200,000 YouTuber battle royale project during this time, which was sponsored by popular video game Apex Legends.

MrBeast’s challenge pitted 13 teams of 3 popular YouTubers against each other for the cash prize in two separate games, with Pokimane being teamed up with notable Fortnite caster Kittyplays and streamer Valkyrae.

Since then, Pokimane has been playing Apex Legends on her stream, as well as the ever-popular GTA V roleplay phenomenon that has taken Twitch by storm.

Pokimane celebrated her five-year anniversary on the platform on March 29, and is one of the most popular streamers on the site, boasting nearly three million followers as of April 3.

Entertainment

Jake Paul roasts Conor McGregor with new fight deal after UFC 257 Poirier loss

Published: 24/Jan/2021 6:37 Updated: 24/Jan/2021 10:39

by Alex Tsiaoussidis

Share


Jake Paul has jokingly rescinded his $50 million fight offer to Conor McGregor after his shock loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 257, offering him a measly $10,000 instead.

Jake Paul has been nipping at Conor McGregor’s heels in the weeks leading up to UFC 257, trying to bait the former double-champ into accepting a $50 million fight offer for an exhibition boxing bout.

However, despite his best efforts, it didn’t work. Conor McGregor was too focused on his own endeavors and never acknowledged it, although he tip-toed around the question a few times.

Eventually, he flat-out said he’s not interested in the fight, and it seemed like the idea was dead and buried once and for all. But after Conor McGregor’s shock UFC 257 loss to Dustin Poirier, Jake Paul is at it again. And this time, his original offer is off the table.

Jake Paul Conor McGregor
Jake Paul / Conor McGregor
Jake Paul’s second fight offer adds more insult to injury after Conor McGregor’s UFC 257 loss.

Jake Paul tuned in to watch the main event like millions of other UFC fans. But he had more invested in the fight than the average viewer, and once it was over, it was only a matter of time before he posted a video.

“Hey Conor,” she said, laughing hysterically in a video that he shared on Twitter moments after the loss. “I’ve got ten thousand dollars for you, cash!” He struggled to contain his laughter and kept repeating words. “Oh, you had fifty million dollars,” he added, right at the end. 

The same message was echoed in a YouTube video Jake uploaded to his YouTube channel shortly after titled ‘My Message to Conor McGregor.’ He said, “you should have taken the Jake Paul fight for $50 million, but now I got $10,000 for you. I got $10,000 cash, cold hard cash. Or I’ll give you a third of a bitcoin. You choose, Conor McGregor.”

At the end of the video he says “April 17th guys, I’m fighting… You know, it was supposed to be Conor McGregor but we’ll see what happens, stay tuned.”

It’s obvious that Jake is still up to his usual antics. He’s trying to kick Conor while he’s down. But this time, it might actually work.

Conor’s loss will undoubtedly be a spanner in the works for his UFC plans. However, it means he might be open to lucrative exhibition fight offers once again.

Of course, there’s no way he’d accept the second $10,000 fight offer. But he might consider the initial $50 million one, which is probably what Jake Paul intended. We’ll have to wait and see what happens next.