The Call of Duty community waits in anticipation as the Private Beta for Black Ops 4 is less than a day away from launching on the Playstation 4.
In order to address any and all of the questions you may have about the Private Beta, we have compiled a guide that includes everything that you may want to know, including how to access the Beta, the full schedule, modes, maps, weapons, scorestreaks, and specialists.
How to Access
The CoD: Black Ops 4 Private Beta can be accessed one of two ways: either by digitally pre-ordering the game through the PS Store, Xbox One Store, or Battle.net for PC, or by redeeming a code for a Beta download key.
All those who have digitally pre-ordered the game on the PS4 can now download it and pre-load it from the PS store. If you have a Beta code, you can redeem it at callofduty.com/beta, after which a download key will be emailed to you.
The Private Beta will be live over the course of two weekends, the first of which will only be available on the PS4 while the second will be for both consoles.
Weekend 1 – Playstation 4 Exclusive
- August 3 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET – August 6 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET
Weekend 2 – PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- August 10 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET (PC Beta Early Access) – August 13 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET
- PC Open Beta starts on August 11 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET
The following Mulitplayer game modes and playlists will be included, and will be updated throughout the duration of the Private Beta.
- Our signature new game mode designed to bring out the best of tactical Specialist gameplay.
- Chaos Team Deathmatch
- A playlist that takes our ever-popular non-objective based game modes and adds a twist. The format here is 6 vs. 6, and allows two of each Specialist per team for chaotic fun. Includes Team Deathmatch and Kill Confirmed*.
- Capture Moshpit
- This playlist combines our fast-paced favorite objective modes, Domination and Hardpoint, for palm-sweating action.
- Search & Destroy*
- If you’re into slower-paced strategy, this one is for you. With new Specialist weapons and equipment, the tension is palpable.
* The Multiplayer Beta is the first time that Search & Destroy and Kill Confirmed will be playable in Black Ops 4.
There will be a total of six maps that will be available in the Beta – the four that were playable at the E3 gaming convention, and two additional ones that have been added for the Beta.
- Frequency: A covert listening station deep in the mountainous region of Hunan Province is being used to track strategic targets across the globe.
- Contraband: Surveillance of an international arms smuggling operation has uncovered this shipping hub on a remote, uncharted island off the coast of Colombia.
- Seaside: An anti-government protest in this quaint coastal Spanish town grew out of control and forced a military shutdown.
- Payload: A defensive ICBM launch facility deep in an Icelandic mountain range has been infiltrated by hostile forces attempting to steal a nuclear warhead.
- Hacienda: A lavish vineyard estate situated on a quiet lake in the Spanish countryside, home to a high-ranking crime syndicate boss.
- Gridlock: A Japanese metropolis whose city center has been jammed up by a bank heist gone wrong.
Specialists have returned for Black Ops 4 and players will be able to try out ten of them in the Private Beta. Here are all of the available Specialists and their unique traits and abilities.
- Special Issue Equipment: Grapple Gun – allows user to quickly grapple and zip to locations nearby.
- Special Issue Weaponry: Grav Slam – Kinetic device that delivers a lethal blast radius around the point of impact.
- Special Issue Equipment: Tac Deploy – Deployable beacon that gives your teammates the ability to redeploy to the surrounding area.
- Special Issue Weaponry: Annihilator – Massive high-caliber revolver that fires devastating rounds with increased bullet penetration.
- Special Issue Equipment: Reactor Core – Emits a damaging radiation field that wounds enemies and reduces their maximum health for a time and prevents healing.
- Special Issue Weaponry: Purifier – Flamethrower that shoots a steady stream of flame, scorching enemies within close range.
- Special Issue Equipment: Cluster Grenade – Powerful explosive grenade that sticks to surfaces and releases sub-munitions upon detonation.
- Special Issue Weaponry: War Machine – High explosive grenade launcher.
- Special Issue Equipment: Sensor Dart – Reveals enemies within its proximity.
- Special Issue Weaponry: Vision Pulse – Pulse the map to reveal all the enemies for yourself and teammates.
- Special Issue Equipment: Razor Wire – Damages and slows enemies that attempt to cross it.
- Special Issue Weaponry: Barricade – Reinforced cover for protection while securing objectives. Built in microwave field slows and damages enemies.
- Special Issue Equipment: Assault Pack – Supplies ammo packs that provide bonus score for taking down enemies.
- Special Issue Weaponry: TAK-5 – Heals and boosts max health for the user and their team.
- Special Issue Equipment: 9-Bang – Tactical grenade that flashes and stuns. Can be cooked for multiple detonations.
- Special Issue Weaponry: Ballistic Shield – Durable transforming defensive shield with a built-in machine pistol.
- Special Issue Equipment: Mesh Mine – Explosive traps that connect to create lethal tripwires.
- Special Issue Weaponry: K9-Unit – Attack dog that can be commanded to follow you or patrol a designated location.
- Special Issue Equipment: Seeker Shock Mine – A deployable tactical that hunts down enemies and shocks them with temporary paralysis.
- Special Issue Weaponry: Tempest – A tactical rifle that shoots electrically charged shock rounds to incapacitate enemies and any squad mates within their proximity.
Treyarch has posted all of the weapons that will be playable in the Private Beta online and on social media, and there will be one from each of the eight weapon classes.
Furthermore, the classic Pick-10 class system will be returning in Black Ops 4, and will be featured in the Beta.
Here are some of the weapons so far that we know will be available:
VAPR-XKG (Assault Rifle)
Balanced weaponry with superior mobility.
Stay in control while running and gunning.
Swordfish (Tactical Rifle)
A 4-round burst forward. Deliver long range precision with the Swordfish tactical rifle.
Paladin HB50 (Sniper Rifle)
Supreme accuracy complete with high bolt-action damage.
Reliable firepower with ammo to spare.
Semi-auto standard issue sidearm.
MOG 12 (Shotgun)
Pump-action buckshot for reliable 2-shot kill.
Hellion Salvo (Launcher)
Rocket Launcher features either lock-on or free-fire.
As of now, there is no official list of all of the available scorestreaks during the Multiplayer Beta. However, Treyarch did tweet out a short clip of some of the ones that will be at the players’ disposal.
- Hellstorm Missile
- Strike Team
The highly anticipated Battle Royale mode called Blackout will be available for Beta testing at some point in September, but the official dates for it have not yet been announced.
All those who have access to the Multiplayer Private Beta will also be able to play the Blackout Beta when it launches.
- If this Private Beta follows suit with the ones from previous years, Playstation Plus will not be required to play it on the PS4 but Xbox Live Gold would be needed to play in on the Xbox One.
- Although Beta stats will not carry over to the full game, everyone who participates will receive a special Beta Calling Card to use in-game when it launches, and all those who achieve max rank in the Beta will also receive a permanent unlock token to use in the full game.
- For PS4 players, all stats will carry over from the first Beta weekend to the second.