Treyarch has released an update for Black Ops 4 that addresses everything from PC FPS for Blackout to various UI improvements.
While this first major update addresses many issues, the biggest change for a lot of people centers around the PC FPS cap for Blackout.
While the FPS was initially capped at 120 at launch, Treyarch have raised that to 160 on Friday afternoon and plan to uncap the framerate completely in the coming days.
PC wasn’t the only platform to get an update, though, as Treyarch has also released some minor fixes to all platforms here on launch day.
In addition to various menu and UI improvements, issues with stat tracking in Blackout and some XP issues for multiplayer have also been tweaked.
For Zombies fans, easter eggs for the mode have also been enabled now that all regions around the world have gotten a chance to play the game.
You can find the full patch notes below:
Welcome to Launch Day!
After three years, two Betas, and an incredible amount of feedback from the Call of Duty community, we’re finally able to celebrate the official launch of Black Ops 4 with you all!
This only the beginning…
You can expect regular updates and frequent communication from us going forward, just like during our MP and Blackout Betas. The big difference today: October 12th marks the beginning of a living, breathing game that we’re fully committed to over the long haul. There’s going to be a lot to talk about, starting with today’s game update.
First off: we’re currently tracking everything you’ve been sharing with us here on the subreddit and across our social channels. We’ll have a more detailed update coming tomorrow, so please keep your feedback coming in the comments below in the meantime. We see you.
Also, a hugely important piece of news for our Zombies players: we’ve enabled Easter Eggs worldwide in Voyage of Despair, IX, Blood of the Dead, and Classified! Good hunting out there.
We’ve made the following updates to the game today (Global):
- Made many stability and UI improvements based on early tracking of live issues prior to official launch.
- Fixed an issue where Free-for-All players could sometimes appear on a team together.
- Players are now granted bonus XP for unlocking Reactive and Mastercraft camos.
- Corrected some inaccurate Challenge descriptions.
- Turned on Easter Eggs for all Zombies levels.
- Addressed some issues with Merits and stat tracking.
We’ve also made the following additional fixes specific to PC:
- Framerate cap increased to 160 FPS; uncapped framerate planned in the coming days.
- Fixed an issue causing a UI error to appear when right-clicking characters in the Personalization menu.
- Fixed an issue that caused UI elements to persist on screen when opening the Player menu at the same time as a match starting.
- Fixed an issue causing the Social and Settings menus to be inaccessible when spectating in Blackout.
And of course, there are many other improvements in the works based on reporting from the community. Here are just a handful of the big topics that we’re working on for future updates:
- We’re aware that players have been able to use Gestures (often referred to by the community as “Emotes”) to peek around corners in modes where that can create an unfair advantage. We’re currently working on an update that creates two systems for Gestures – the default system that is in the game now, and a competitive version that disables free look and applies different camera settings to prevent using it to see around corners. The default system will be used in parts of the game where corner peeking won’t affect gameplay balance (like the staging area of Blackout), and the competitive version will be used in modes where a more restrictive camera system is needed. We want players to always have fun with Gestures as intended, but never at the expense of fair gameplay!
- There have been reports of sub-optimal spawning in Domination. We’re aware and working to improve that immediately.
- Razor Wire should never trigger “team kill” detection in Hardcore modes. This is unintentional and will be fixed.
These and many other improvements are in progress, so stay tuned to this subreddit for future updates. This post is just the first of many. Remember to tag your craziest clips with #CODTopPlays on Twitter, stay hydrated out there, and enjoy everything all three modes have to offer! We’ll see you online.