Valorant patch 2.07 has reportedly been leaked early. Astra is set to receive a nice quality of life buff, while Raze and Viper are having a few adjustments made to their kits. A host of bug fixes have also been shipped.
After the last big update in 2.06, Riot are toning it back for Valorant patch 2.07. Yoru and Viper have landed on their feet somewhat, and now the devs focus is turning towards new release Astra, as well as the upcoming Episode 2: Act 3.
Details of the upcoming Valorant patch 2.07, not actually set to release until April 13, have been leaked early online thanks to data miner ‘Floxayyy’.
Here’s what we know so far.
2.07 Patch Notes, link to image;https://t.co/SMGwrhQsyg
— floxay (@floxayyy) April 8, 2021
What’s coming in Valorant patch 2.07?
Astra buff powers up her Gravity Well
The biggest change coming in Valorant patch 2.07 is a nice add-on to Astra’s Gravity Well. You can now use it to drag players off the spike to stop the defuse. While this seems like a logical mechanic, it didn’t work like that on her release.
“We think this update can create some interesting interactions post plant where enemies try to bait out the Gravity Well and play around its cooldown,” Riot said.
Raze & Viper get neat quality of life changes
Raze and Viper are also on Riot’s changelist for Valorant patch 2.07.
Raze is getting an audio cue added to her blast packs “similar to Jett’s Tailwind” so it’s easier to track her movement. Her VFX’s are also getting updated so they are less cluttered and easier to see through.
Viper mains will also be happy to hear a bug with her Decay mechanic has been fixed, which didn’t deliver the full damage to enemies even if their armor was depleted.
On top of these two changes, a Yoru bug which allowed him to plant the spike off-site using a Dimensional Shift-Gatecrash combo has also been removed. Cypher, Killjoy, and Skye have also had some bugs squashed.
You can find the full Valorant patch 2.07 notes below, courtesy of floxayyy. If things change between now and launch day on April 13, we will let you know.
Leaked Valorant patch 2.07 notes
- Now pulls Agents that are defusing the Spike
- If they are pulled out of defuse range, the defuse will be interrupted
- Audio cues added to indicate when she’s boosted in the air from Blast Pack
- Explosion and Showstopper launching VFX updated so they are less obscuring and clear out of the play space faster
- Fixed a bug when calculating if damage taken while decayed should be lethal for players with armor.
- Most notably, this was causing Marshal shots when the target was decayed 50 to reduce the enemy to 1 HP instead of killing them.
Quality of Life
- Improved feel of ping wheel selection tool; this should now feel more predictable to use
- Cypher Tripwires now display to Observers with associated team color
- Yoru can no longer plant the Spike after using Gatecrash while his Dimensional Shift is active
- Fixed an unintended dome in the sky that Astra saw if she came out of Astral form while Omen is ulting
- Fixed a bug where placing Killjoy’s turret next to Sage’s Barrier Orb would sometimes break it
- Cypher can no longer place Spycam in Cyber Cage projectiles
- Fixed issue where Killjoy’s disabled Alarmbots would chase far away targets that ran by them when it was re-enabled.
- Fixed issue where Skye’s Guiding Light appeared to go underground when thrown directly down.
- Fixed various localization issues with the server selector and the promotion screen
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Match History filter to function incorrectly
- Fixed a bug where players would have to restart client to rid themselves of their competitive queue restriction after their restriction ended
- Fixed a bug where some players were not penalized for being AFK after a match ended during remakes
- Fixed a bug where players using a Russian keyboard were having issues with party push to talk
- Fixed a bug where players who swapped to Thai keyboard had their voice chat settings reset
- Fixed issue where spectators and observers could sometimes see incorrect aim vectors for scoped-in sniper rifles when switching between views.