Niantic has announced the next phase for Pokemon Go after the Kanto Tour: The Season of Legends. The three-month-long celebrations will focus on the series’ most popular Legendary mon’, Trainers, as well as the debut of the Therian Formes.
Pokemon Go will shift away from celebrating Gen I starting in March and will honor the series’ favorite Legendaries for the next three months.
Season of Legends will also mark the debut of Therian Formes for the Forces of Nature trio: Landorus, Thundurus, and Tornadus. Here is everything we know so far.
Pokemon Go Seasons of Legends date & start time
Season of Legends will officially kick off on March 1 at 8:00 AM local time and will run for a total of three months. The lengthy celebration will officially wrap up its final day on June 1 at 10:00 AM local time.
While Niantic hasn’t revealed their full plans for the 90-day festivities, they have hinted that players will get to encounter Legendary ‘mon as well as “Legendary Trainers.”
- Read More: Pokemon Go Walking rewards
Gen V’s Forces of Nature trio are being positioned as the face of the new season, with the debut of their Therian Formes being the main highlight of the announcement.
Pokemon Go Seasons of Legends features
- Debut of Landorus, Thundurus, and Tornadus Therian Formes.
- Season-exclusive Research: Special Research with Candy rewards for Landorus, Thundurus, Tornadus.
- New Mega-Evolved Pokemon will make their debut.
- Different Mega-Evolved Pokemon will be in Mega-Raids starting March 1.
- New wild spawns based on Hemispheres.
Northern Hemisphere-exclusive spawns:
- Common: Tangela, Combee, Croagunk, Ducklett. Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Spring Form Deerling.
- Rare: Scyther, Dratini, Cottonee.
Southern Hemisphere-exclusive spawns:
- Common: Mankey, Yanma, Buizel, Woobat, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott.
- Rare: Pineco, Bagon, Ferroseed, Autumn Form Deerling.
Pokemon Go Seasons of Legends five-star Raid schedule
Incarnate Forme Landorus: March 1 at 8:00 AM to March 6 at 8:00 AM local time.
Incarnate Forme Tornadus: March 6 at 8:00 AM to March 11 at 8:00 AM local time.
Incarnate Forme Thundurus: March 11 at 8:00 AM to March 16 at 10:00 AM local time.
Therian Forme Thundurus: March 16 at 10:00 AM to March 30 at 10:00 AM local time.
Therian Forme Tornadus: March 30 at 10:00 AM local time.
The above Legendaries have a 1 in 20 chance of being Shiny.
Pokemon Go Seasons of Legends Eggs
- 2KM: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Budew.
- 5KM: Drowzee, Azurill, Munna.
- 10KM: Nincada, Alomomola.
Pokemon Go Seasons of Legends bonus & items
- Increased XP: Completing 5-star raids.
- Free Remote Raid Passes: Multiple will be given out throughout the season.
While there is certainly a lot more to be revealed in the coming months, Niantic teased Trainers by stating: “You can also look forward to a series of events toward the end of the Season that will certainly be Legendary.”
- Read More: Hilarious Pokemon Go glitch sabotages reward
While Therian Formes for the Forces of Nature trio are tantalizing enough, it appears that Pokemon Go Trainers can look forward to encountering many Legendary ‘mon throughout the three-month period.