The Cram-o-matic is a new device that is featured Pokemon Sword and Shield’s Isle of Armor Expansion Pass, but what does it do and how does it work? Let’s take a look.
Pokemon Sword and Shield’s Isle of Armor DLC is absolutely brimming with new pocket monsters and locations to discover in the wider Galar Region, but there are also a number of new mechanics that will help you on your ultimate quest to catch them all.
Whether you’re wanting to increase your Pokemon’s stats, restore injured companions in battle, evolve them, or just wish to give them a competitive edge, then you’ll likely need an arsenal of supplies. Fortunately, the Cram-o-matic offers trainers an exciting new way to gain items in Pokemon Isle of Armor.
What is the Cram-o-matic?
The Cram-o-matic is a device – obviously inspired by Cramorant – that allows you to recycle any unwanted items and exchange them for a new item. So, if you have too many poison heals clogging up your inventory, then simply toss them into the Cram-o-matic.
How to use the Cram-o-matic
In order to use the Cram-o-matic, you’ll need to select a four of your unwanted items. The device will then exchange them for one new item. It’s a pretty simple feature and provides trainers with new opportunities to gain some shiny new items, while recycling others they may not need at the time.
- Approach the Cram-o-matic machine in Pokemon Sword & Shield.
- Interact with it, to bring up the options.
- From there, select the four items you would like to recycle.
- Moments later, a new item will pop out! With a stroke of luck, you’ll be one of the few players to grab a “rare” item it holds.
The best items you can get from the Cram-o-matic
Aside from the usual common items, the Cram-o-matic will also drop rare items for you to claim, so it’s important to try as many different item combinations as possible. Reddit user, JazzMcNade and a host of other contributors have helped produce this handy spreadsheet that covers all the currently known combinations in the game so far, so make sure you check it out if there’s a specific item you’re after. In the meantime, we’ve listed some of the very best items you should add to your inventory.
We’ve already covered the best items you should equip in Pokemon Sword & Shield, but if you didn’t manage to find them in the base game, then be sure to use these Cram-o-matic item combinations outlined below.
- Assault Vest: Babiri Berry x1, Wishing Piece x3
- Black Sludge: Oran Berry x4
- Destiny Knot: Destiny Knot x1, Moon Stone x1, Wishing Piece x3
- Everstone: Hard Stone x4
- Eviolite: Float Stone x1, Charcoal x1, Balm Mushroom x1, PP Up x1
- Expert Belt: Macho Brace x1, Balm Mushroom x3
- King’s Rock: Dragon Fang x1, Black Glasses x1, PP Up/PP Max x1, Expert Belt x1
- Life Orb: Dragon Scale x1, Balm Mushroom x3
- Metal Coat: Assault Vest x1, Expert Belt x1, Tanga Berry x1, Soothe Bell x1
- Terrain Extender: Nugget x1, Ribbon x1, Sweet Snowball x1, Upgrade x1
- Rocky Helmet: Everstone x4
- Rare Candy: Big Nugget x1, Comet Shard x3
- Prism Scale: Big Pearl x2, Balm Mushroom x2
- Toxic Orb: Black Sludge x2, Oran Berry x2
- Flame Orb: Cheri Berry x2, Rare Bone x2
The Cram-0-matic doesn’t just give trainers the chance to claim some rare consumables and held items, it also allows players to add some unique Poke Balls to their collection.
- Dusk Ball: Black Apricorn x4
- Luxury Ball: Black Apricorn x3, Blue Apricorn x1
- Dive Ball: Blue Apricorn x4
- Fast Ball: Black Apricorn x1, White Apricorn x1, Black Apricorn x1, White Apricorn x1
- Quick Ball: Blue Apricorn x1, Yellow x2, Blue x1
- Net Ball: Blue Apricorn x1, Yellow Apricorn x2, Blue Apricorn x1
- Nest Ball: Green Apricorn x4
- Timer Ball: Green Apricorn x2, Yellow Apricorn x1, White Apricorn x1
- Heal Ball: Green Apricorn x1, Red Apricorn x1, Pink Apricorn x1, White Apricorn 1
- Friend Ball: Green Apricorn x4
- Repeat Ball: Pink Apricorn x2, Red Apricorn x2
- Moon Ball: Yellow Apricorn x4
- Lure Ball: Green Apricorn x1, Blue Apricorn x1, Green Apricorn x1, Blue Apricorn x1
- Heavy Ball: Black Apricorn x4
- Sport Ball: Red Apricorn x2, Black Apricorn x2
Those are just a few of the Cram-o-matic item combinations you can use in Pokemon Sword & Shield’s Isle of Armor expansion, so be sure to experiment and see what items you can claim.