The latest update to the Overwatch PTR has arrived.
Unlike the major content patches that come at the beginning of a PTR cycle, this update doesn’t bring significant new features, but does address some of the more minor issues that affect player experience.
The most prominent feature of the current iteration of the PTR is Busan, the new control map that was announced and released for testing alongside D.Va’s new animated short, “Shooting Star”. This update doesn’t make any adjustments to Busan, instead focusing largely on hero bugs.
The primary new feature of the patch is a visual update, adding outlines to friendly heroes through walls. The change should give players a better idea of where their team-mates are, a particularly valuable feature for games with less communication.
In addition, the patch brings some significant bug fixes, perhaps most notably to Roadhog’s notoriously troublesome Hook. The new update should prevent the hook from breaking off when it’s not supposed to. A series of fixes for Reinhardt are also included.
The full patch notes can be read below:
- Added visual outlines to make allies visible through walls
- Now retains momentum when used on environments or structures without a ledge (e.g. walls)
- Fixed a bug that caused players to sometimes slip off railings
- Fixed a bug that caused Brigitte to abruptly change directions when she stopped holding her Barrier Shield
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist’s Seismic Slam to cancel when using Symmetra’s teleporter
- Fixed a bug that allowed Reinhardt to pin targets that were behind him when using Charge
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt to pin some targets when he turned during Charge
- Fixed a bug that allowed Reinhardt to use Earthshatter while standing on an enemy’s head
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt’s Earthshatter from sometimes hitting enemies standing on a payload
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt’s Earthshatter from traveling up certain inclines
- Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt to abruptly change directions when he stopped holding his Barrier Field
- Fixed a bug that caused Roadhog’s Chain Hook to sometimes break after hitting an enemy
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra from translocating to a moving platform when using her Translocator
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra’s Translocator from accurately indicating where Sombra would arrive when the ability was used
- Fixed a bug that prevented Widowmaker’s Grappling Hook from connecting to some ledges
- Fixed a bug that caused all enemies to use the same damage falloff calculation