League of Legends patch 13.8 notes: junglers buffed, Aurelion Sol nerfed ahead of MSI
Patch 13.8 for League of Legends will bring about some buffs to jungle champions like Nidalee and Lillia, whilst nerfing some of the big solo queue champs like Jarvan IV and Aurelion Sol.
We’re almost at the mid-seasonal invitational for Riot’s insanely popular MOBA League of Legends. Patch 13.8 will be the version the game is played on during the event, so this is the last patch Riot will have to make changes before it’s locked in for MSI.
Lead Designer Riot Phroxzon has stated that they believe the meta is looking pretty good overall, and are only looking to bring buffs to a few junglers, whilst nerfing some solo queue outliers.
When does LoL Patch 13.8 go live?
League of Legends Patch 13.8 should go live on April 19, 2023, according to Riot’s patch schedule. Patch 13.8 will head to Oceanic servers first, with other servers slowly receiving it throughout the day.
Here are the key timings of Patch 13.8 for your server:
- 3AM PT (NA)
- 5AM GMT (EUW)
- 3AM CET (EUNE)
- 8AM KST (Korea)
There’ll be a few hours of downtime when patching begins, and matchmaking queues will be taken offline about three hours beforehand.
What’s changing in LoL Patch 13.8?
Aurelion Sol nerfed yet again
Aurelion Sol has been absolutely tearing up the rift since his gameplay rework earlier this year. Currently sitting at a 50.45% winrate on u.gg, the Star Forger has left his mark on the meta, particularly in solo queue. Riot is taking aim at Aurelion Sol in Patch 13.8, hoping to bring him down a notch.
Nidalee and Lillia buffed to be added into meta
Riot is looking to make some smaller changes to the jungle meta in Patch 13.8, attempting to add them into the meta for MSI. These champions include Nidalee and Lillia, both oppressive junglers in the hands of competent players.
League of Legends Patch 13.8 Notes
- HP Growth reduced: 95 >>> 90
- Armor Growth reduced: 4.3 >>> 4
- Base AD increased: 60 >>> 62
- Base AD increased: 66 >>> 69
- Base Armor increased: 36 >>> 38
- Damage increased: 70/100/130/160/190 >>> 80/110/140/170/200
- AP ratio increased: 0.5 >>> 0.6
E: Eye of the Storm
- Decay delay increased: 1.25 seconds >>> 2.5 seconds
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- AD growth reduced: 3.4 >>> 3
Q: Dragon Strike
- Damage decreased: 90/130/170/210/250 >>> 80/120/160/200/240
E: Shadow Step
- Shadow Assassin Bonus Move Speed reduced: 80% >>> 70%
- Shadow Assassin cooldown increased: 8 seconds >>> 10 seconds
Q: Taste Their Fear
- Base damage increased: 60/85/110/135/160 >>> 70/95/120/145/170
Passive: Icathian Surprise
- Kog’Maw is now Ghosted while in his passive form
- Damage increased: 125-550 >>> 140-650 (based on level)
Q: Caustic Spittle
- Cooldown decreased: 8 seconds >>> 7 seconds
E: Void Ooze
- Mana cost decreased: 60/70/80/90/100 >>> 40/55/70/85/100
- Slow adjusted: 20/28/36/44/52% >>> 30/35/40/45/50%
- Bonus armor increased: 15/20/25/30/35 >>> 20/25/30/35/40
- Bonus magic resistance increased: 15/20/25/30/35 >>> 20/25/30/35/40
- Magic damage increased: 45/80/115/150/185 >>> 55/90/125/160/195
Passive: Dream-Laden Bough
- Monster damage cap increased: 50-150 >>> 70-150
- Monster healing adjusted: 24-75 (+5.4% AP) >>> 39-54 (+15% AP)
- Champion Healing increased: 6-120 (+18% AP) >>> 6-90 (+30% AP)
- First auto-attack base damage decreased: 30-90 >>> 30-70
- Cleave armor ratio scaling decreased: 20% >>> 15%
- Base armor increased: 28 >>> 32
- Armor growth increased: 4.7 >>> 5
Q: Hammer Shock
- Target HP damage: 8% >>> 9%
W: Steadfast Presence
- Bonus resistances: 10% >>> 12% (doubled to 24% under 40% HP)
- Base armor decreased: 32 >>> 30
- Armor growth decreased: 5.1 >>> 4.9
- Ability Power increased: 90 >>> 100
- New Passive: Damaging a champion (excluding damage over time) generates a stack of 2.5% Movement Speed every 1.5 seconds for the next 5 seconds up to 4 stacks (10% Movement Speed). At 4 stacks, gain an additional 10% Movement Speed (20% Movement Speed total). Dealing damage refreshes this effect.
- Added the ability to report players in Match History