Reports have surfaced online that point to the development and pending release of a battle royale game as part of the popular Titanfall series.
Jeremy Hambly, host of the gaming commentary channel ‘TheQuartering‘ has broken the story of this upcoming Titanfall battle royale game, claiming that he’s received credible insider information about the development of the game.
According to Hambly, that publishers EA will be announcing the game on Monday, February 4, which, interestingly enough, will be the same day that the full-fledged battle royale is released to the public.
According to the information, EA will be making a “pseudo-announcement” on Saturday, February 2, which is likely to come as a teaser and not a formal revelation.
Furthermore, it appears that the game will be free-to-play, which would follow the model that Fortnite Battle Royale has used to unprecedented success.[ad name=”article3″]
Here are some of the highlights of the information and details that Hambly revealed in his video:
- The official name of the game will be ‘Apex Legends,’ and it will officially be part of the Titanfall series.
- The game is developed by Respawn Entertainment.
- The game is set to be announced and released on February 4 and will be available to play for free immediately.
- Gameplay will be a crossover between Call of Duty’s Blackout and Rainbow 6 Siege, although with a battle royale format.
- Teams will consist of a maximum of three players, with each player having a character that compliments the other two teammates.
- Maps will consists of 60 total players, so a minimum of 20 teams.
- There will be micro-transactions for both purchasable cosmetic items and in-game content.
The YouTuber also revealed that several prominent members of the battle royale community, including streamers Dr DisRespect and Shroud, had been previously invited to beta test Apex Legends, and will be part of the teaser announcement released on February 2.
The only downside to this entire announcement is that Hambly was unable to confirm the validity of his information as Respawn mysteriously ended their communication after he sent them his findings.
This means that the information should be treated as nothing more than rumors and speculation until a formal announcement is made.
You can check out TheQuartering’s full video on this potential Titanfall battle royale down below.