League of Legends patch 12.16 is here with Riot preparing for Worlds. The first “Worlds-focused patch” includes small meta shifts to the top and bot lane, including more nerfs for Zeri: here’s the full patch notes.
Worlds 2022 is just around the corner, and that means Riot is toying with League of Legends’ meta starting in LoL patch 12.16. With pro play at the forefront of the next few updates, the game’s top picks will slowly start to evolve with more diversity thrown into the mix.
It’s a small patch though, with Riot holding out on making major shifts while regions finish their qualification process for Worlds. The “more speculative changes” will be dropping in September’s LoL patch 12.17.
However top and bot lane changes will feel the impacts first, with slight tweaks across both roles being the predominant focus of the August 24 update. Here’s what you need to know about LoL patch 12.16, including the full notes.
What’s changed in LoL patch 12.16?
Udyr rework goes live
Udyr, the Spirit Walker, has been in Riot’s rework chamber for more than a year. Now players will finally get a taste of the Freljordian’s new playstyle as of LoL patch 12.16.
For mains, everything will feel familiar. His four stances remain relatively unchanged, but they can be awakened every 30 seconds or so to become ultra-powerful and change the tides of a fight.
He has also gotten a fresh lick of paint with a visual overhaul too. Read up on all the Udyr changes here.
Zeri faces 13th set of changes with fresh nerfs
Zeri has been a staple in League of Legends Season 12. For those keeping track, that’s her entire existence. She’s been must pick or ban basically since release, and attempts to balance her have failed — Riot has shipped 12 changes, and LoL patch 12.16 will mark number 13.
After adding a critical strike element to her W, it’s being nerfed somewhat with lower AP ratios in the upcoming update. Her basic attacks will also hit for less with a slight AD ratio nerf. It’s small changes, but it’ll keep nudging Zeri down somewhat.
Other nerfs are in store for Draven and Yuumi in bot lane, while Poppy is facing some jungle nerfs after the Yordle rose to prominence as a potent pocket pick.
Riot shakes up top lane meta with big buffs
The top lane is getting a bunch of focus in League of Legends’ upcoming preseason, but for now Riot is trying to make the role more appealing with some buffs across the board.
Malphite, Irelia, and Jayce have been earmarked for small changes — just enough to shake-up the meta. This involves increases to resistances for the most part, making them more durable post the durability update.
The bot lane might be undergoing a meta shift too with small buffs to Tristana, Caitlyn, and Kai’Sa also on the cards.
You can find the full LoL patch 12.16 notes below.
LoL patch 12.16 notes
- AD ratio: 60/85/110% ⇒ 60/90/120%
R: Ace in the Hole
- Damage is now increased by 0-25% based on current critical strike chance
Passive: Moonsilver Blade
- Empowered cleave damage: 20-250 (+50% AP) ⇒ 20-220 (+55% AP)
E: Lunar Rush
- Damage: 50/70/90/110/130 (+45% AP) ⇒ 50/70/90/110/130 (+50% AP)
Q: Spinning Axes
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Base damage: 45/50/55/60/65 ⇒ 40/45/50/55/60
- Armor growth: 4.2 ⇒ 4.7
- Magic resist: 28 ⇒ 30
Q (Hammer Form): To The Skies!
- Damage: 55/95/135/175/215/255 (+120% bonus AD) ⇒ 55/100/145/190/235/280 (+120% bonus AD)
E (Hammer Form): Thundering Blow
- Damage: 8/10.4/12.8/15.2/17.6/20% of target’s maximum health (100% bonus AD) ⇒ 8/10.8/13.6/16.4/19.2/22% of target’s maximum health ( 100% bonus AD)
Passive: Second Skin
- Plasma on-hit damage: 4-16 ⇒ 5-23
- Caustic Wounds additional damage per Plasma stack: 1-8 ⇒ 1-12
Q: Icathian Rain
- Damage per missile: 40/55/70/85/100 (+50% bonus AD) (+25% AP) ⇒ 40/55/70/85/100 (+50% bonus AD) (+30% AP)
R: Killer Instinct
- Shield strength: 70/90/110 (+90/135/180% AD) (+90% AP) ⇒ 70/90/110 (+90/135/180% AD) (+120% AP)
Passive: Granite Shield
- Cooldown: 10/8/6 seconds ⇒ 8/7/6 seconds
- Cooldown: 12 seconds ⇒ 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds
Q: Hammer Shock
- Percent health damage minion and monster cap: 50/85/110/145/170 ⇒ 30/60/90/120/150
Q: Rapid Fire
- Bonus attack speed: 50/65/80/95/110% ⇒ 65/80/95/110/125%
- Bonus movement speed: 20% (+6% AP) ⇒ 20% (+2% AP)
- Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds ⇒ 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds
Q: Burst Fire
- Damage: 8/11/14/17/20 (+105/110/115/120/125% AD) (+60% AP) ⇒ 8/11/14/17/20 (+100/105/110/115/120% AD) (+60% AP)
W: Ultrashock Laser
- Damage :: 20/55/90/125/160 (+130% AD) (+60% AP) ⇒ 20/55/90/125/160 (+100% AD) (+40% AP)
W: Spell Thief
- Minions killed by Allied champions will now also drop orbs while Zoe is within 1500 range
E: Sleepy Trouble Bubble
- Magic damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+40% AP) ⇒ 70/110/150/190/230 (+45% AP)
- Maximum pop damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+40% AP) ⇒ 70/110/150/190/230 (+45% AP)
E: Grasping Roots
- Post cast lockout: 0.15-0.4 seconds ⇒ 0.15 seconds
- Coruscation damage amplification: 9% ⇒ 10%
- Coruscation duration: 4 seconds ⇒ 5 seconds