Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.57: Xbox Series X/S Beta, quest changes, rewards, & bugfixes
Square Enix has outlined all the changes coming in Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.57, ahead of the game’s open beta on Xbox Series X/S.
As the arrival of Dawntrail draws ever closer, Final Fantasy XIV continues to receive patches that fix ongoing issues and add new content to the game, such as the Valentine’s Day event that started on February 7.
In the case of the newest patch, the game has much to celebrate, as Final Fantasy XIV is finally coming to Xbox Series X/S. Once its upcoming open beta has concluded, players can enter Eorzea using Xbox systems.
But what about the rest of the game? While Final Fantasy XIV is adding Xbox-specific content in the new patch, changes are coming to other aspects of the game.
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.57 changes
The following Main Scenario Quests have had their rewards changed:
- The Scions of the Seventh Dawn – Vesper Bay Aetheryte Ticket x12 > Vesper Bay Aetheryte Ticket x40
- Back from the Wood – Vesper Bay Aetheryte Ticket x10 > Vesper Bay Aetheryte Ticket x33
- The Black Wolf’s Ultimatum – Vesper Bay Aetheryte Ticket x8 > Vesper Bay Aetheryte Ticket x26
The following adjustments have been made to the Fields of Glory (Shatter):
- The amount of data required to win has been decreased from 2,000 to 1,600.
- The amount of data gained from defeating a member of an opposing team has been increased from 5 to 8.
The following changes have been implemented in the Endwalker expansion:
- When certain visions are in progress in the island sanctuary, players will now be able to speak with the felicitous furball to receive hints about how they may be realized.
- The number of Allagan tomestones of comedy offered for completing one line of Khloe’s Wondrous Tails has been increased from 50 to 300.
- Thaleia has been added to Duty Roulette: Alliance Raids.
- The weekly limit for Allagan tomestones of comedy has been increased from 450 to 900.
- The additional instances implemented to prevent congestion in Old Sharlayan, Radz-at-Han, and Thavnair have been removed.
The following adjustments have been made to Pandæmonium: Anabaseios (Savage):
- Treasure coffers will now always appear, with no reduction of rewards, regardless of whether any party members have previously cleared the circle.
- The weekly restriction on rewards obtained from treasure coffers has been removed.
- The weekly entrance restriction has been removed.Players may now proceed directly to any circle.
- Players will now receive the power of the Echo.The effect will be granted at the start of the battle, increasing maximum HP, damage dealt, and healing potency by 10%.
- Unlike other instances, the strength of the Echo will not increase in the event all party members are incapacitated.
The following issues have been resolved in Final Fantasy XIV:
- An issue during a cutscene in the main scenario quest “Stars in the Dark” wherein Temulun’s animation did not display correctly.
- An issue regarding Moogle Treasure Trove: The First Hunt for Genesis wherein The Borderland Ruins (Secure) was erroneously listed in the Mogpendium.
- An issue wherein Japanese kanji conversion stops working during text input after disabling Live Conversion (Mac version only).
- Other minor text issues.
While these issues are still a problem in Final Fantasy XIV:
- An issue wherein certain graphics do not display correctly (Xbox Series X|S version only).
- An issue wherein the player’s chat mode toggle keybind stops working after the first use (Xbox Series X|S version only).
- An issue wherein the sound of footsteps does not play correctly under certain circumstances while the Listening Position slider is set toward Character in the sound settings (Xbox Series X|S version only).
- An issue wherein the keyboard enter key does not function correctly within the launcher (Xbox Series X|S version only). Should you encounter this issue, a mouse or controller can be used instead.
- An issue wherein the controller’s directional pad and/or the keyboard arrow keys do not function correctly within the launcher (Xbox Series X|S version only). Should you encounter this issue, a mouse or control stick can be used instead.
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.57 Xbox Series X/S
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.57 also adds new content as part of the upcoming Xbox Series X/S open beta, which begins on Wednesday, 21 February at 8:00 (GMT) / 19:00 (AEDT). This includes:
- The Xbox Series X|S version utilizes single sign-on (SSO) authentication. Once Square Enix accounts and Xbox (Microsoft) accounts are linked, players can skip the login process and launch the game directly.
- Additionally, the Xbox Series X|S version launcher will display the player’s Xbox gamertag.
- Xbox Series X supports three resolution options: 4K (2160p), WQHD (1440p), and Full HD (1080p).
* The default setting is WQHD.
- Xbox Series S supports two resolution options: WQHD (1440p) and Full HD (1080p).
* The default setting is Full HD.
Mouse and Keyboard Controls
- Like other platforms, Xbox Series X|S players now have the option to use mouse and keyboard controls.
Xbox Gamertag and Icon
- The player’s Xbox gamertag and icon will be displayed to fellow Xbox Series X|S players across the following UI windows:
- Examine (Deep Dungeons)
- Doman Mahjong opponent list
- Triple Triad tournament opponent list
- Friends List (online players only)
- Contact List
- When joining a party with members also playing the Xbox Series X|S version, said members will be displayed under the “Recently played with” section of the Xbox Series X|S friends list.
- The Xbox Series X|S version features Xbox achievements that will be unlocked when their conditions are met. Additional achievements will be added in future patches.
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.57 isn’t filled with new content for most of the audience, but it’s a huge deal for people looking to play the game on a new system, as Xbox fans will finally get to see what the fuss is all about.