Will KSI vs Logan Paul 2 have another YouTube fight? Promoter reveals all - Dexerto
Entertainment

Will KSI vs Logan Paul 2 have another YouTube fight? Promoter reveals all

Published: 26/Sep/2019 18:32 Updated: 26/Sep/2019 18:40

by Virginia Glaze

Share


YouTube stars KSI and Logan Paul are set to settle their beef once and for all in the net’s most anticipated boxing rematch yet – but despite having an “all pro” undercard, promoter Eddie Hearn teased the possibility of future YouTuber matches.

Matchroom Boxing’s Eddie Hearn revealed in an interview with Sky Sports Boxing that the YouTubers’ rematch would feature professional boxers, unlike their previous bout, which saw a slew of online entertainers on its undercard.

“We don’t want other YouTubers and celebrities,” Hearn explained. “…This is a chance for boxing to bring in new fans, and if we’re gonna bring them in, we need to show them the greatness of our sport.”

(Timestamp: 2:27 for mobile viewers)

However, the promoter seemed to backrack on this statement after the rematch press conference on September 14, appearing to entertain the idea of Jake Paul fighting another YouTuber on the card – but his subsequent interview with The Sportsman says differently.

Despite considering the idea of a separate fight for Paul and another YouTuber later in the year, Hearn claimed that a single YouTube fight was enough for 2019, even revealing that other celebrities had approached him for a potential bout.

Logan Paul, InstagramKSI and Logan Paul are set to face off once more at the Los Angeles Staples Center on November 9.
600

“I’ve had singers, sportstars saying ‘I’ll come on it’, but that’s not really what it’s about,” he said of the matter. “KSI and Logan Paul have both boxed before, and they are two huge names from that internet community. I think one fight will be enough for this year.”

While Hearn admitted that both KSI and Logan Paul “don’t know how to come across as fighters,” he compared their rematch to the WWE, stating, “Nobody has given them a helping hand and they’re grabbing the opportunity with both hands.”

REUTERS/Tom JacobsUnlike last year, the KSI vs Logan Paul rematch won’t feature any YouTubers on its undercard – despite pleading from Jake Paul.
600

Hearn’s latest comments could come as a shock to Jake Paul, who pleaded with the promoter to let him have a spot on the undercard and the press conference, claiming that KSI had “excluded him from the narrative” of the fight.

As it stands now, it looks like the KSI vs Logan Paul rematch will be the only major YouTuber boxing match to take place in 2019 – but with a slew of pro fights on the undercard, it promises to bring explosive actions to fans across the globe.

Entertainment

TikTok star Zoe Laverne under fire for allegedly kissing underage fan

Published: 28/Oct/2020 1:28

by Alan Bernal

Share


TikTok star Zoe LaVerne is facing massive backlash after multiple videos surfaced of her allegedly kissing an underage fan. This comes days after leaked Instagram conversations from her ex-boyfriend Cody Orlove and Amber VanPelt raised concerns of “very intense” interactions with an underage influencer.

A video on the ‘Def Noodles’ account featured a short clip showing the two. It was apparently only a short form of a much longer video showing more instances of the same behavior.

According to Def Noodles, LaVerne previously denied allegations of having a relationship with an underage person. This was in direct response to the allegations brought by Orlove’s hacked messages.

The video comes at a sensitive time for LaVerne, who was already getting heat for Orlove’s Instagram messages with VanPelt.

Zoe LaVerne Instagram
Zoe LaVerne once again removed herself from Instagram after the latest allegations.

In them, Orlove’s leaked exchange shows that he “left (LaVerne) because of her interactions with Connor. They got very intense and it’s something I do not stand by whatsoever. It’s p**dophillia.”

Another message, this time from Orlove to LaVerne, shows he cut communication from her. “My lawyers will handle the rest,” he said in reference to the “toxic” breakup between the two TikTok personalities.

LaVerne, who deleted her Instagram in mid-September in response to a separate lip-syncing debacle, once again removed herself from the Facebook-owned social platform.

In a private fandom account known to be run by LaVerne, she gave a message to her fans for her renewed hiatus from Instagram after the videos came out.

zlpfandom0.2 Instagram
An Instagram message from a fan-account known to be run by LaVerne.

“Thank you for everything, really,” the account called ‘zlpfandom0.2’ wrote. “But for right now I don’t think I’ll be back on soial media again. I (still) have a lot to think about. I reall don’t wanna leave you guys but I’m tired of feeling this way. I’m tired of crying and hurting. It’s nothing but negativity to me anymore. I love you so much.”

LaVerne has over 17 million followers on TikTok and nearly 450,000 subscribers on YouTube. She’s been featured in TikToks and videos with other online celebrities ranging from Terin Sottile and ex-boyfriend Zephan Clark.

If the move offline is permanent, it’s not known if LaVerne will publicly respond to the latest videos that are surfacing.