Banks and Blaze slam Nadeshot for comments about Tfue suing FaZe Clan

Albert Petrosyan
Nadeshot - Twitter / Banks - Instagram

An online feud has begun to form between 100 Thieves CEO Matt ‘Nadeshot’ Haag and several members of FaZe Clan, following the news that Fortnite BR pro player Turner ‘Tfue’ Tenney is suing the org.

[ad name=”article1″]

The news that Tfue filed a lawsuit against FaZe Clan broke on Monday, May 20, with his lawyer claiming that the org was holding the superstar to an “oppressive” contract.

As expected, the lawsuit has caused a massive stir on social media, drawing out reactions from a lot of prominent figures within the esports community, one of whom was Nadeshot.

Article continues after ad

[ad name=”article2″]

“I hope recent news doesn’t affect the broader gaming community’s perception of esports teams,” he tweeted. “There are plenty of organizations in the space whose top priority are their professional players and content creators.”

“And for what it’s worth, I’m personally friends with a lot of the owners & staff over at FaZe Clan,” he added. “I know for a fact that the majority of them don’t have ill intentions, but some at the organization just don’t understand the esports ecosystem and take advantage where they can.”

Article continues after ad

400[ad name=”article3″]

Unfortunately for Nadeshot, these comments were taken very seriously by two longtime and prominent members of FaZe Clan – Ricky ‘Banks’ Banks and Lucas ‘Blaze’ Mosing – both of whom posted strong-worded tweets in response.

“You’re a piece of shit dude, and when my side of this is heard, you’ll see why,” Banks tweeted. “Way to fucking jump on the bandwagon and chase the clout. You must be dancing right now.

Banks even went as far as to threaten the 100 Thieves CEO in his tweet: “Matt, I’m going to personally make sure you regret tweeting this and adding to this bullshit dumpster fire.”

Article continues after ad


Although his responses weren’t as harsh, Blaze made it very clear that he had taken what Nadeshot had said very personally.

Sign up to Dexerto for free and receive:
Fewer Ads|Dark Mode|Deals in Gaming, TV and Movies, and Tech

“Bro what the fuck, none of us can believe you just tweeted this,” he said.


Upon seeing his comments blown out way more than he had likely anticipated, Nadeshot tried several times to defuse the situation and provide a little damage control, putting out a few more tweets in which he made it clear that his comments weren’t aimed at any one of FaZe’s original founding members.

Article continues after ad

“I have the utmost respect for what Banks, Temper, Rain and Apex have created at FaZe,” he tweeted. “We’ve been working together and alongside one another for almost a decade. I apologize if my previous tweets don’t reflect that sentiment. This situation is being blown out of proportion.”


Nadeshot ultimately issued an apology to FaZe for “jumping in unnecessarily,” pretty much admitting that his comments had further fueled the fire of drama.

“I’ve done my best to avoid unnecessary controversy and drama over the last few years but my tweets today were an oversight on all accounts,” he tweeted. “I’d like to apologize to everyone over at the FaZe Clan organization for jumping in unnecessarily.”

Article continues after ad


This story will be updated with more information as it becomes available.

Why is Tfue suing FaZe Clan?

Tfue’s lawsuit against FaZe Clan was officially filed on May 20, on the ground that they allegedly limited his ability to pursue his profession in violation of California law.

According to Tfue’s lawyer, FaZe were taking an 80% cut of all the revenue from his branded videos on social media, leaving the star streamer with only 20%.

In addition to those claims, his lawyer also alleged that FaZe is “jeopardizing the health, safety, and welfare of its members,” which includes serving alcohol to members before they’re allowed to drink, and pressuring underage players to lie about their age.

Article continues after ad

Related Topics

About The Author

Albert is a former esports and gaming writer, focused particularly on Call of Duty and content creators. Spending over three years at Dexerto, Albert eventually now works with streamer NICKMERCS and the MFAM group. You can find Albert @AlbertoRavioli on Twitter.