The first official Call of Duty League ruleset for Vanguard has been revealed, giving players a first look at how the competitive game may play out in the CDL and any form of ranked mode that may come out.
While CDL rulesets are something that will be gradually refined before and throughout the course of the season (not even including the players’ Gentlemen’s Agreements), there’s always a good few things to discuss when the Day 1 ruleset becomes available to peruse.
From restricted weapons, possible maps and confirmed modes, here’s what the first official CDL ruleset looks like for Call of Duty Vanguard.
Weapon, equipment & loadout restrictions
Here are the overall loadout restrictions in Vanguard’s opening day CDL ruleset:
- Shotguns restricted
- LMGs restricted
- Riot Shield restricted
- Launchers restricted
- Silencers restricted
- Subsonic and Incendiary ammunition types restricted
- Perk 1: Ghost, Dauntless restricted
- Perk 2: Tracker, High Alert, Forward Intel, Piercing Vision restricted
- Perk 3: Demolition, Overkill, Tactician restricted
- Lethal: Throwing Bomb, Thermite, Demolition Charge, Molotov restricted
- Tactical: Stim, Gas Grenade, S-Mine, Decoy restricted
- Supply Box allowed
- Dead Silence allowed
- All 7 other Field Upgrades are restricted
- Glide Bomb allowed
- Strafing Run allowed
- Bombing Run allowed
- All 13 other killstreaks are restricted
CDL game modes in Vanguard
It’s not yet clear which modes will be the final ones in Vanguard. In the past few years, we’ve seen Uplink, Control, Blitz, Domination and Capture the Flag all be viable third modes in professional play.
- Read More: All CDL 2022 rosters
The only modes that have been confirmed in the CDL ruleset in Vanguard are Hardpoint and Search & Destroy.
Vanguard’s CDL maps
As with the modes, the official CDL maps haven’t yet been confirmed, and likely won’t be until at least a few weeks after launch.
That said, there will be a lot of discussion among pros and prominent community members over which maps will be best fitted to competitive play, so be sure to keep up with the conversation online to see which maps look likely CDL entries.