How to link your Origin account to Steam for Apex Legends
If you’re looking to move your Apex Legends progress between platforms, knowing how to link your Origin account to Steam is vital information. Here’s how you can link your accounts and carry all your progress, stats, and items.
Respawn’s Apex Legends is one of the most popular games in the Battle Royale genre, and its player base only continues to grow.
With the game being available on Steam for some time now, players will need to know how to link their Origin accounts so they can safely transfer their progress between platforms. This is especially important if they’ve earned any valuable cosmetics such as heirloom shards that they want to hold onto.
Never fear, though, as you can now make the switch over to Steam in Apex Legends pretty easily by linking your Origin account – keeping all of your stats and items.
How to link your Origin account to Steam in Apex Legends
The process of linking your Origin account to Apex Legends on Steam is relatively simple. Follow these steps:
- Download the game on Steam.
- When you launch the game for the first time, you’ll be asked to log in to your Origin account.
- After you log in, boot up Apex Legends.
- You’re in! Your progress should be saved, and you should be able to play Apex Legends as you used to over on Origin.
The Steam integration is a godsend to a lot of players, and it’s a lot smoother than the old integration with Origin importing players’ Steam friends lists across, too.
How to unlink your Steam account from Origin
Fortunately, there’s also a way to unlink your account: Let’s say you’ve had a mix-up, and you accidentally linked the wrong Origin account to your Steam account.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
There are options are available to fix and unlink them if this is the case – however, it’s not as easy.
- Go to the EA Support site.
- Choose Apex Legends > Manage My Account > Transfer Between Accounts, then click Select ‘Contact Option‘.
- Fill out the details and your preferred support options, and EA will reach out to you.
- Once EA tells you your Origin account is unlinked from Steam, you can then try again with your new Origin account.
These steps don’t just help for Apex Legends, either. Players of all titles on Origin that are now on Steam should be able to link and unlink their accounts in this very fashion.
So, there you have it. Everything you need to know about linking your Origin account to Steam for Apex Legends. For more handy tips and tricks, check out more of our Apex guides below: