A new update has gone live in Apex Legends on February 13, for PC, PS4 and Xbox One, addressing some of the game’s early launch issues and adding some new content already.
Released on February 4, it took Apex Legends only a week to hit 25 million unique players, with over two million concurrent – but that success also means there has been a lot of feedback sent to Respawn.
Firstly, the team are focusing on improving stability and general performance, as players have been experiencing some crashes and in-game lag issues.
The patch notes for the February 13 update can be found below, and Respawn say they have been “pouring over data” to make changes.
“We’ve been pouring over tons of data coming in from game as well as listening to feedback across the wide ocean of the Internet. We have lots of great stuff to chew on, many things to fix and improve, and good debates have already begun among the dev team. Our main focus right now is stability and quality of life but in the near future we’ll be talking more about the potential updates to the meta.”
Although there is a fix for crashes in the February 13 update, community manager Jay Frechette has also confirmed that they will continue to address crashes and disconnects which players have been experiencing on various platforms.
If you are hoping for any major balancing changes, to either weapons or legends, you will be disappointed.
Respawn are focusing on having the game running at optimum performance on all platforms first, before making any specific gameplay tuning.
Apex Legends February 13 Update – Patch Notes
- Added “Live Die Live” Banner Badge: Revive a member of your squad between 2/13 and 2/19 to earn this limited time badge.
- Added Valentines Day cosmetic items to the store. They will be live and available in the store starting 2/13 until 2/19 and then they’re gone!
- “Through the Heart” Longbow Epic DMR skin
- “Love of the Game” Pathfinder banner frame
STABILITY / BUGS / PERFORMANCE / QoL
- Various improvements and tweaks to UI.
- Extended timeout that was causing players with slower hard drives to crash.
- Addressed a number of client and server stability issues.
- Fixed exploit where you could keep duplicating items in your inventory.
- Addressed a number of stability and performance issues.
- Fixed issue where players would get a gray screen in lobby when connecting for the first time.
- Fixed issue where your friends list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party.
- Shortened duration of Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather clones to remain in the world by 1 second.
- Arc Star now displays a grenade warning indicator.
- Addressed a number bugs with map geo like holes you could fall through and areas that players could get stuck in plus a bunch of other polish issues.
PLAYSTATION PLUS PLAY PACK
- Art updated for the Playstation Plus Play Pack to the Flatline skin and Banner Card and changed the names to Deep Blue. This will affect all players that already have been rewarded the skins as well.
We still have a lot of work to do and we hear those frustrated by disconnects and crashes and are working to improve stability and performance as well as provide more visibility for everyone.
View this post on Instagram
10,000 Apex Legends Coins Giveaway! To enter: 1. Follow @Dexerto 2. Turn on Post Notification 3. Tag 3 friends 4. Comment “DONE” letter by letter ——————————— Winner will be announced on Sunday February 17th! ——————————— #apexlegends #apex #apexcoins #apexgiveaway #giveaway #esports #ea #gaming
More updates are expected to drop regularly for Apex Legends, as the team at Respawn aim to keep the game fresh and continue to be a big player in the battle royale genre.