Valorant Patch 6.06 Notes: Gekko nerfs, bug fixes and more
Valorant’s next minor patch 6.06 brings some minor nerfs to Gekko, changes to the doors on Lotus and bugfixes galore.
Riot’s incredibly popular tactical shooter Valorant has recently received its newest agent Gekko. However, that isn’t stopping Riot from bringing out a few new changes to improve the quality of life of the game, as well as fix a couple of pesky bugs in the process.
Patch 6.06 brings some minor changes to Gekko, resulting in a small nerf to his kit overall. Gekko has already overtaken ranked lobbies as one of the most powerful initiators to be added into the game, so hopefully these nerfs won’t affect him too much.
Valorant Update 6.06: Gekko changes and Lotus door changes
Riot is making a couple of changes to Gekko to keep his kit standard with the other agents. Gekko’s Mosh Pit is having its damage reduced particularly to objects, reducing from 2.5x to 1x damage, similar to other mollys.
Alongside this, Wingman is being ticked down ever so slightly, as the little critter will sadly pass away if he is the last one alive. Furthermore, a bug fix to Wingman means he can no longer concuss intangible players, so Reyna mains can rejoice.
With that being said, here are the full patch notes for Valorant patch 6.06.
Valorant Patch 6.06 Notes
Mosh Pit (C)
Mosh Pit’s damage to objects has been performing inconsistently with relative abilities such as KAY/O’s FRAG/ment (C) and Breach’s Aftershock (C).
- Damage to objects has reduced 2.5x >>> 1x
- Wingman will now always die if he is last alive.
- Updated the destruction VFX for the destructible door located between A Link to A Main in order to make it easier to see through as it falls away.
GAMEPLAY SYSTEMS UPDATES
- Added the ability to hide Agent outlines and fresnel (the color outline on Agents)
- Go to Settings >> General >> Under “Other”, there is an option to toggle “Hide Outlines and Fresnel”.
- Wingman can no longer concuss intangible players.
- Fixed a bug preventing you from sending a whisper starting with a Circumflex Accent ^. You can now whisper cute emoticon faces to each other using ^w^.
- Fixed a bug causing ping icons to be displayed even when someone was muted. Muting someone will now properly suppress ping icons.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat UI was obscured when your Agent was blinded. You can now see, even when your Agent can’t.
- Fixed a bug where the join party button would still be active even though the party invite was no longer valid.
- Fixed a bug where when searching your friends list, the number of people a friend is in a party with would not display correctly.
- Fixed a bug where scrolling the social panel would sometimes scroll other UI elements like the Agent carousel.
- Fixed a bug where the friends list was obscured when auto-reject friend requests was enabled.