One of the new NPC bosses added to Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2 has a Mythic quality Assault Rifle waiting for the player who can take them down. Here’s how to defeat Skye at The Shark island.
Introduced into Fortnite during the Season 2 Top Secret update were five NPC henchmen bosses at five different secret locations spread across the map.
Each new AI-controlled enemy sits in the heart of their respective secret base, with a valuable Mythic quality weapon and a keycard to the highly-desired loot vault that’s located inside. Unfortunately, they’re surrounded by a plethora of henchmen, and other players will be vying for that gear as well.
If you’re landing on an island on the north side of the map called The Shark, you have a chance to get some of that loot yourself, at the expense of the NPC Skye and her henchmen. Here’s how to tackle this challenge.
How to defeat Skye in Fortnite Season 2
- Land on top of the Shark building and grab a weapon. There should be some on the roof.
- Make your way down into the lower interior level. There are numerous ways to accomplish this, including taking the stairs, jumping down one level at a time, or using the vents.
- Skye is at the lowest level, in a room filled with computers that has a central metal pillar. Take her out. There are other henchmen around, and lock on turrets too, but it’s up to you if you want to take those out, as well.
- Collect her Mythic Assualt Rifle, her keycard, and if you so choose, a Mythic grappler.
- Equip the keycard and it will guide you to the vault. Watch out for more turrets.
- Open the vault and grab all the loot you can.
Like other locations, there’s no easy way to make your escape, but Skye’s Grappler should prove useful when you’re trying to quickly climb the levels back to the surface.
There are boats around the outside of the facility that’ll get you off the island, and if you’re desperate enough, you can always swim.
Skye is somewhat easier to find compared to some of the other bosses, and the amount of henchmen present appears to be less than average.
The key to a successful Shark run is getting a weapon early and hopping down to the lowest level quickly. If you’re a decent shot, and can dance between the henchmen and turrets, Skye isn’t too great a challenge.
Hopefully, her Mythic Assault Rifle will drive you forward to a Victory Royale. Good luck!