Antonio Brown threatens to sue Logan Paul over phony fight poster - Dexerto
Entertainment

Antonio Brown threatens to sue Logan Paul over phony fight poster

Published: 8/Feb/2020 1:53 Updated: 8/Feb/2020 2:11

by Virginia Glaze

Share


YouTuber Logan Paul has made no secret of his plans to box NFL star Antonio Brown — but the two have yet to make an official agreement, giving Brown quite the surprise after coming across a fan-made poster for their potential bout.

The “rivalry” between Brown and Paul began after the football pro challenged “The Maverick” to a boxing match via Twitter in January.

Since then, their feud has grown consistently more heated, with the two finally coming face to face to talk smack after the viral Jake Paul vs AnEsonGib fight on January 30.

However, things appear to have gotten quite personal for Brown, who is now coming after his YouTube opponent over a fan-made flyer created in anticipation for their proposed fight.

Brown called out the YouTuber in an Instagram post after discovering the poster, which boasted a placeholder date and venue that could easily appear legit to those out of the loop.

Antonio Brown, Instagram
Antonio Brown has since deleted an Instagram post calling out Logan Paul over a fan-made fight poster.

That’s not all: the football star is now planning to take legal action against Paul because of the flyer, as he stated in an Instagram story shortly after his callout post.

“Imma charge Logan with infraction… for using my image,” Brown challenged.

“Tell Logan to send me the contract, or Imma sue him. Imma sue him like I sued the other YouTuber. I’m about to sue the kid and destroy him, for using the wrong likeness.”

Logan isn’t the only YouTuber Brown is going after, either; he’s likewise beefing with YouTuber “Deestroying,” who also called out the sports star for being charged with burglary and battery after recently assaulting a delivery truck.

“The reason this impacts me so much man, is that I got to know AB really well, and all these actions recently just seem like a loud cry for help, bro,” Deestroying said in a video discussing the matter, explaining that the two were “good friends.”

Although it’s very unlikely that Brown’s potential suit against Paul will actually hold up in court, considering that the poster was made by a 21-year-old fan in Britain with no affiliation to either personality.

However, if the NFL star does file a suit, it could hurt the chance of their fight ever happening, so all fans can do at this point is just watch and wait for further developments.

Entertainment

KSI calls out Jake Paul after YouTuber KO’s Nate Robinson in boxing bout

Published: 29/Nov/2020 5:19

by Andrew Amos

Share


It’s been no time at all, but Olajide ‘KSI’ Olatunji has already called out Jake Paul ahead of their prospective bout at Madison Square Garden, saying that after his performance against Nate Robinson, Paul stands no chance.

It was the fight everyone had their eyes on November 28. On the undercard of Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr, YouTuber Jake Paul was set to bout with NBA star Nate Robinson.

What we got instead was a bloodbath. Robinson was trounced by Paul, getting knocked down multiple times before Paul laid the final blow in the second round. Robinson barely laid a glove on Paul despite coming out all guns blazing.

While millions watched, there was one spectator on the sidelines with more on the line than most ⁠— Jake Paul’s next prospective opponent, KSI.

The YouTuber has already faced off against Paul’s older brother Logan, beating the American not once but twice. Jake fancies his chances a little bit better, but KSI wasn’t impressed by the younger brother’s skills against Robinson.

As soon as the fight ended, KSI already started the war back up with the Pauls. “I saw nothing special from Jake lol. Soon come,” he said on Twitter.

The thinly-veiled threat at Jake Paul is alluding to their prospective bout at Madison Square Garden, pending the current global situation.

Paul has been pretty vocal about making sure the fight goes ahead, saying he has a point to prove against the British YouTuber. “KSI vs Jake Paul is 100% gonna happen. If I die without that happening, I would be so upset. It has to happen, for the culture,” he said in September.

While Paul didn’t direct address KSI post-fight ⁠— instead calling out Conor McGregor for a bout ⁠— the rivalry between the two YouTubers is fierce.

One can only hope they do actually make good on their promise and get in the ring.