The long-awaited Immortal Treasure III has finally been released for Dota 2’s The International Battle Pass 2019.
The international is famed for its legendary prize pool, offering the largest prize in esports and consistently raising that bar each year.
That prize pool is built by the player base, with money raised by players buying and levelling up the Battle Pass, which offers in-game events, challenges, and rewards, as well as the opportunity to contribute to one of the biggest events in esports.
Among the most coveted of those rewards is the Immortal Treasure III, the top tier in a series of cosmetic items that is only released towards the end of the Battle Pass’s lifecycle.
This year, Valve held back Immortal Treasure III longer than ever before – where previous years offered the Treasure after 70-73 days, this time around it wasn’t released until day 90.
There are a total of 10 items on offer in this year’s Immortal Treasure III – six items of regular rarity, a Rare 50-level Battle Pass boost, one Very Rare item, one Ultra Rare item, and the Cosmically Rare Overgrown emblem.
Immortal Treasure III 2019
- Crucible of Rile – Head item with custom Berserker’s Call effect
- Maraxiform’s Fate – Weapon and Summon with custom Strafe and Burning Army effects
- Scythes of Sorrow – Weapon with custom Metamorphosis attack
- Bloodmayne Avenger – Head item with custom Howl effect
- Progenitor’s Bane – Weapon with custom Spear of Mars effect
- First of the Flood – Back item with custom Guardian Sprint effect and sound
Bonus Rare Reward
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- 50 Battle Pass Levels
Bonus Very Rare Reward
- Golden Crucible of Rile – Head item with custom Berserker’s Call effect
Bonus Ultra Rare Reward
- Sullen Rampart – Leg item with custom Ghost Shroud effect
Bonus Cosmically Rare Reward
- Overgrown Emblem – Global item with exclusive custom ambient hero effect
Players will receive Treasure III at Battle Pass levels 1, 140, 164, 178, 194, 206, 240, and then after every 30 levels beyond. A x3 bundle is rewarded at level 375, and a x4 bundle at 615. A look at the items in-game can be found on the Dota 2 site.
The International’s status as the biggest prize in esports has long been a point of pride for the Dota 2 community, and this year it was challenged for the first time by the Fortnite World Cup, which offered a massive $30 million prize.
Refusing to be outdone, Dota 2 players contributed more than ever before, resulting in the current pool already standing at $31,692,291 at the time of writing, over $6 million more than last year’s final figure.
There’s still time for that number to grow, with The International 9 kicking off on August 15 and the prize pool not being finalized until it completes on August 25, and the release of Immortal Treasure III could push a last surge in contributions.